7:08 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -134 ) at  Columbus ( 121 ) —- T: 5½o-08
    7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 130 ) at  Montreal ( -150 ) —- T: 6u-15
    7:08 PM :  Detroit ( 310 ) at  Washington ( -390 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Nashville ( 130 ) at  Toronto ( -150 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Vegas ( -120 ) at  Minnesota ( 100 ) —- T: 6u-15
    8:38 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Dallas ( -145 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 125 ) at  Calgary ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    10:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Arizona ( -140 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• maibockaddict

2009-2010 Swine Flu 40-80 million americans infected, 300,000 hospitalized 17,000 deaths (mostly younger than 65) and nothing cancelled and no one remembers.

Corona is a similar virus and is much worse for the elderly and weak, and there aren’t 300,000 cases in the entire world, but lets just shut every thing down because the world is ending.

Friggin ridiculous! Tom Hanks is not that sick btw.

• dw12290

@maibockaddict said...

2009-2010 Swine Flu 40-80 million americans infected, 300,000 hospitalized 17,000 deaths (mostly younger than 65) and nothing cancelled and no one remembers.

Corona is a similar virus and is much worse for the elderly and weak, and there aren’t 300,000 cases in the entire world, but lets just shut every thing down because the world is ending.

The death rate for H1N1 and the flu is about .1 to .3 percent. Coronavirus could be somewhere between 5% and and 10%. We don’t know yet but I doubt they take these precautions without having data close to these numbers.

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@maibockaddict said...

thank you for the feedback where is your md/public health phd from

• maibockaddict

@gordylamb said...

thank you for the feedback where is your MD from

Google it jerkweed! There are less than 40 deaths in the US and 26 of them are from 1 nursing home in Seattle. This is a media driven panic

• FantasySultan

@maibockaddict said...

Google it jerkweed! There are less than 40 deaths in the US and 26 of them are from 1 nursing home in Seattle. This is a media driven panic

K

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@maibockaddict said...

yes the media of italy china iran and the us have all conspired together with no definable end goals, just to “cause panic”, great take seems very well thought out and logical. i’ll trust the scientists from the CDC, WHO, Harvard, etc…over “maibockaddict” but thats just me, you do you my dude!

b+ use of jerkweed though

• dw12290

@maibockaddict said...

I’ll trust the CDC and others before I trust Google. If you truly believe that this is a media driven event your really out of touch with reality.

I’ll only give you a D for the use of jerkweed and reference to Google… smh

By the way do you know that crematoriums were running 24/7 in China for close to a month so the true mortality rate there is unknown.

• maibockaddict

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

1323 cases in the US. 327,000,000 people. Panic?

• maibockaddict

@dw12290 said...

I’ll trust the CDC and others before I trust Google. If you truly believe that this is a media driven event your really out of touch with reality.

I’ll only give you a D for the use of jerkweed and reference to Google… smh

By the way do you know that crematoriums were running 24/7 in China for close to a month so the true mortality rate there is unknown.

What for googling the Swine flu outbreak for 2009-2010? You know another way to look up an event in the past that is more effective?

• dw12290

@maibockaddict said...

What for googling the Swine flu outbreak for 2009-2010? You know another way to look up an event in the past that is more effective?

cdc.gov
    who.int
    jhu.edu

Don’t need to Google if you already know where to go. Just saying

• Felixxberg

I miss the days where we could argue about DFS picks!

In any case, we have no control over what the NHL does anyway!

• gairz

I once thought that way. I’ve changed my tune… I think it’s the “potential” this thing has. very high vs other epidemics.

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 Results

Boooooourns – 173.7
    OttawacityMadman – 163.2
    ifthethunder – 158.7
    mfetzner – 158.1
    EllieNuck – 157.6

Congrats, Boooooourns! You’ve done well in these contests. Don’t know when I’ll have an excuse to post this gif again.
    ~

• PocketsSloppy

@gairz said...

I once thought that way. I’ve changed my tune… I think it’s the “potential” this thing has. very high vs other epidemics.

I work in healthcare. Trust me, the coronavirus is being blown out of proportion. If you are 60 years or older, have respiratory issues or have a weak immune system, you need to take precautions. Otherwise, this is simply the flu.

• zovyn

@maibockaddict said...

Comparing “final” numbers for H1N1 against “current” numbers for Covid-19 is pretty dumb.

If the weather doesn’t change soon, this is going to be bad.

And sure, most of us don’t have to ‘worry’ – but this is going to reap the poor and the elderly, globally. It’s fine to scoff until the death count rises. And it’s going to.

NO – I do not have a PHD or any other ‘medical’ background. I’m an educator and a speech coach and my students have been researching this deeply for several months now. I do have enough information to post with confidence.

• jjwd

@gairz said...

we don’t know that yet

• jjwd

@PocketsSloppy said...

I work in healthcare. Trust me, the coronavirus is being blown out of proportion. If you are 60 years or older, have respiratory issues or have a weak immune system, you need to take precautions. Otherwise, this is simply the flu.

well said

• Moszman

@mr_papageorgio said...

What are us degenerates supposed to do without any sports???

I’m hitting the horse tracks today.

• PocketsSloppy

@zovyn said...

If the weather doesn’t change soon, this is going to be bad.

It is unknown to date if weather will impact the virus.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 (3/12 – 7:00 PM)

Cancelled

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Two concerns I have with covid-19 are

1) hospitals being overrun, the high risk people will need ventilators and hospital beds, we will run out

2) I hope I’m wrong with this one… Reports of young healthy medical staff dying in Wuhan are confirmed, supposedly due to overexposure. Well, what if it does spread to 70% of the population like some experts are predicting…. Will we all be overexposed?

• NIN1002

Ahhhhh, it was all coming together so nicely at Yahoo for my lineup. Andersen and Holtby were both dumpster bin cheap. Pick any and all of your favorite Caps skaters, and there ya go. Easy peasy, ship the money, call it a day. But alas…..

• OttawaCityMadman

Nope its rediculous. I just got called into the office at work because a costomer saw me cough, and reported that I was exhibiting cvd19 symptoms. We have ONE case in the city so far! Fking hilarious

• panters

At least I have my colonoscopy to look forward to tomorrow. Over/Under on polyps=1-1.5

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Lets hope for some juiced PGA contests i guess hahaha! Please don’t take that away…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler