7:08 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -134 ) at  Columbus ( 121 ) —- T: 5½o-08
    7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 130 ) at  Montreal ( -150 ) —- T: 6u-15
    7:08 PM :  Detroit ( 310 ) at  Washington ( -390 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Nashville ( 130 ) at  Toronto ( -150 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Vegas ( -120 ) at  Minnesota ( 100 ) —- T: 6u-15
    8:38 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Dallas ( -145 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 125 ) at  Calgary ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    10:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Arizona ( -140 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• PocketsSloppy

Stay positive, stay thirsty my friends!

• hcassidy

@PocketsSloppy said...

I work in healthcare. Trust me, the coronavirus is being blown out of proportion. If you are 60 years or older, have respiratory issues or have a weak immune system, you need to take precautions. Otherwise, this is simply the flu.

As do I and so does my sister, As does my older brother. ’10 plus years with infectious diseases at the Cleveland Clinic’ was able to ‘incubate and create a test that takes 8 hours over 2-3 days response on ‘Yes or No’” Yet, stupid ass still claims we getting test. Did you know Germany offered test to the USA and Trump said we good then to blame Obama for lack of test? Sorry but It’s only starting here, as they USA was under tested and still under tested. There Is as of now 0 vaccines, Italy, China and others have closed borders. Trump border closings certain European borders, Mexico and what ever feeds his ego as he is an absolute ‘Ego Maniac’ as he wants his wall and this gives him that and the Oil he has stake in. If now why all his sheep clambering to have the OIL to be bailed out as well?

• PocketsSloppy

@hcassidy said...

As do I and so does my sister, As does my older brother. ’10 plus years with infectious diseases at the Cleveland Clinic’ was able to ‘incubate and create a test that takes 8 hours over 2-3 days response on ‘Yes or No’” Yet, stupid ass still claims we getting test. Did you know Germany offered test to the USA and Trump said we good then to blame Obama for lack of test? Sorry but It’s only starting here, as they USA was under tested and still under tested. There Is as of now 0 vaccines, Italy, China and others have closed borders. Trump border closings certain European borders, Mexico and what ever feeds his ego as he is an absolute ‘Ego Maniac’ as he wants his wall and this gives him that and the Oil he has stake in. If now why all his sheep clambering to have the OIL to be bailed out as well?

Some folks don’t see it your way. That’s why we refrain from dragging politics onto the RG Forum’s board.

• panters

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• OttawaCityMadman

^^^ x2

• hcassidy

You mean actual facts? Everyone says oh the US this many cases and that, yet les than .5% has even been tested. Seen tonight a Doctor believes a patient has the virus but couldn’t test ‘because the hospital has 0 test and wasn’t supplied with any’. But think what you want.

• Syzltuth

I just made a lu for nascar truck racing on Saturday…I’m such a degenerate

• SkateFiend

@hcassidy said...

It’s not ideal for hundreds of thousands of (relatively healthy) people rushing to the hospital to get tested or treated at the first sign of illness. It could potentially grind hospital operations to a halt.

Korea tested a little over 200,000 people and found 788 active cases, most of them benign. 66 have died at my last count. It’s less than 1 percent. If we tested tons of people in February we might have saved 26 lives lost at the nursing home. In a population of 380 mil, it’s needle in a haystack. And Korea was forced to act after botching the initial response and failed to restrict movement in time. Now they’re the second most infected Asian nation and their hospital staff and resources are over extended because they have to treat anyone with symptoms, even if they’re mostly healthy.

Early testing would be useful in spreading the disease, but we could accomplish that by washing our hands and avoiding unnecessary contact.

Are you suggesting that Trump should be closing down more borders and clamping down on more travels? Sure why not, and he has been doing that.

• SkateFiend

@hcassidy said...

You mean actual facts? Everyone says oh the US this many cases and that, yet les than .5% has even been tested. Seen tonight a Doctor believes a patient has the virus but couldn’t test ‘because the hospital has 0 test and wasn’t supplied with any’. But think what you want.

Korea tested 200.000 people and found 788 cases. That’s out of 50 million population, and their hands were forced because they’re the second most infected Asian nation and they effectively quarantined an entire city. Most nations aren’t conducting massive daily tests, and some doctors will caution against it, given that they have other patients to care for.

H1N1 killed 12,000 Americans in one year and initially only the CDC could do testing. I didn’t get tested, on one I knew did. Yes, a vaccine was eventually developed and prep went up, and corona virus spread faster. But for most people it’s not fatal. Infant mortality is close to nonexistent if I’m not mistaken, and that would have been a major concern.

We could certainly benefit from more testing. But we should be judicious. When my family takes my grandmother to the local hospital we have to wait hours to see someone because the place is packed with people also on government programs, and any sort of coronavirus jitteriness can make things go real bad.

Wash your hands, avoid unnecessary contact, take reasonable precautions, and things will get better.

• Fatlenny

Gotta weigh in on Covid19.

Strongly disagree that this is an over reaction. According to a survey of epidemiologists released yesterday, the coronavirus outbreak probably won’t peak in the US before May. This would mean things haven’t even come close to being really bad yet. Infections expected to increase exponentially. Also, the reasons this virus is not just a “bad flu” is that it is 10x more fatal (conservative estimate) and it’s a novel virus (no immunities) and way more contagious. Mass infections expected to be so concentrated that our hospital system will be overwhelmed. See Italy—it’s a disaster and cases are still rising.

ps
    really gonna miss hockey

• stellagirl

I MISS YOU GUYS

• ifthethunder

@stellagirl said...

I MISS YOU GUYS

We need a coronavirus goalie
    ~

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@ifthethunder said...

We need a coronavirus goalie
    ~

Ha! That we do.

• OttawaCityMadman

Can we bet on the rerun games they are showing on sports networks now? Pretty please?

• whoisjohngalt420

Picked up a copy of NHL 20 for PS4 to help get through the break from hockey.

whoisjohngalt420 on PSN if anyone wants to play!

• yisman

Someone on Ottawa just tested positive.

• OttawaCityMadman

@yisman said...

Someone on Ottawa just tested positive.

Sorry, I thought licking microphones was becoming a thing. I will stop…

• ifthethunder

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Sorry, I thought licking microphones was becoming a thing. I will stop…

Thank you for your service, OCM.
    ~

• yisman

A second Ottawa Senators player has tested positive for COVID-19.
    The player was part of the recent road trip that included NHL games in San Jose, Anaheim and Los Angeles.

• ttc12

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Can we bet on the rerun games they are showing on sports networks now? Pretty please?

Gloria Gloria 💰

• yisman

NHLdotcom
    ·
    20m
    The NHL announced the postponements of the 2020 NHL Scouting Combine, the 2020 Bridgestone NHL Awards and the 2020 NHL Draft due to the ongoing uncertainty resulting from the coronavirus.

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

NHLdotcom
    ·
    20m
    The NHL announced the postponements of the 2020 NHL Scouting Combine, the 2020 Bridgestone NHL Awards and the 2020 NHL Draft due to the ongoing uncertainty resulting from the coronavirus.

Coronavirus doesn’t want us to find our coronavirus goalie.
    ~

• yisman

https://sports.yahoo.com/coronavirus-nhl-flexible-over-schedule-183705453.html

The NHL will be “flexible” when it comes to the schedule for the rest of the season, though a delayed finish will not have a knock-on impact for the 2020-21 campaign.

Commissioner Gary Bettman announced a pause in games amid the coronavirus outbreak on March 12, with players then told four days later to self-isolate until March 27.

At the time of the suspension, there were still 189 matches remaining. The Stanley Cup playoffs, meanwhile, were due to begin at the start of April.

In a Q&A press release, the NHL confirmed that, with no planned date for a return, they are keeping their options open while reacting to “the best medical advice available”.

• yisman

https://sports.yahoo.com/latest-sports-teams-russia-face-funding-cuts-093355205—spt.html

The NHL’s Ottawa Senators say four more members of the organization tested positive for COVID-19.

A hockey team and a soccer club in Russia face being removed from their leagues after government financial support was diverted to fight the coronavirus.

The sports ministry in the far eastern region of Primorsky Krai says it sees no point in funding player contracts for another season if it’s not clear when competitions will resume. It wants the Admiral Vladivostok hockey club to drop out of the Kontinental Hockey League and the Luch Vladivostok soccer team to drop down two divisions into the amateur leagues.

The ministry says regional funding earmarked for professional sports will instead go into an anti-coronavirus fund.

• yisman

https://sports.yahoo.com/oilers-cave-medically-induced-coma-brain-bleed-193341074—nhl.html

Edmonton Oilers forward Colby Cave has been placed in a medically induced coma after suffering a brain bleed.

The Oilers said Tuesday on their Twitter account that the brain bleed happened overnight and that Cave was in the critical care unit at Toronto’s Sunnybrook Hospital.

A 25-year-old from Battleford, Saskatchewan, Cave scored once in 11 appearances with Edmonton this season. He had 11 goals and 23 points in 44 games with the American Hockey League’s Bakersfield Condors.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).