• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:08 PM :  Arizona ( 165 ) at  Minnesota ( -185 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    5:08 PM :  Carolina ( -240 ) at  Detroit ( 200 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    5:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -180 ) at  New Jersey ( 150 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    5:08 PM :  Dallas ( -125 ) at  Columbus ( 105 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    5:38 PM :  Los Angeles ( 190 ) at  Colorado ( -240 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  Toronto ( -240 ) at  Ottawa ( 190 ) —- T: 6½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Southie777

I don’t want to brag, guys, but I’ve actually finished on the positive side two days in a row now. Think that’s the first time this has happened all season. Actually doubled up my money last night, finished 14th in the Forecheck and almost had a much bigger night. Can’t wait to give it all back today!

• Southie777

(And, in case it wasn’t obvious, that last post was facetious. I would never “brag” about being in the black two nights in a row. But I’ll take it, given how this season has been!)

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Congrats! Now try to stay on the wave! I had a very good one yesterday. Feels good to have decent money in the account!

• eatmyturf23

@Felixxberg said...

Congrats! Now try to stay on the wave! I had a very good one yesterday. Feels good to have decent money in the account!

Congrats Felix and Southie! I did too finally.

Hey can you guys go upvote these two threads on Reddit? Yahoo has me fed up.
    https://redd.it/m4pghu
    https://redd.it/m4xxao

They consistently have their player pool incorrect. I ping them on Twitter DMs, on Reddit, I message Daniel Haight… no responses. Their support is total crap, and their app has all kinds of issues. And I’m going to have to move my money over to DK exclusively I think, even though I’ve enjoyed the slightly lower rake on Yahoo.

• yisman

Would you believe Yahoo still doesn’t have Nedeljkovic in the player pool?

• zovyn

@yisman said...

Would you believe Yahoo still doesn’t have Nedeljkovic in the player pool?

I can’t believe the insult to Needle-Jock-Itch. Show some respect!

• yisman

and now I see it’s actually in one of the reddit threads linked above.

He’s started eight games for Carolina this season! What will it take for him to be made available?

Not having a team’s goalie available is fairly inexcusable unless he was some new guy who hadn’t played before and got called up last minute or something.

• Southie777

Going right back to this iteration of CAR1. If they get Geekie on me and ruin my night again, so be it. This line is due for a four-goal outburst.

• eatmyturf23

Carolina is an interesting one. I’m torn on them. They lost some offensive firepower and pressure, due to Trocheck’s mysterious upper body injury, and now rolling weaker L3 and L4 with guys elevating up. The top 6 are still viable vs DET tho.

Everyone will be on TOR, myself included. I’m hoping my value choices are better than others’ lol. But watch OTT go wild and mess up TOR… or DET to hose CAR.

• Southie777

@eatmyturf23 said...

Carolina is an interesting one. I’m torn on them. They lost some offensive firepower and pressure, due to Trocheck’s mysterious upper body injury, and now rolling weaker L3 and L4 with guys elevating up. The top 6 are still viable vs DET tho.

Everyone will be on TOR, myself included. I’m hoping my value choices are better than others’ lol. But watch OTT go wild and mess up TOR… or DET to hose CAR.

Yeah, I’m hoping the Matthews home/road splits strike again and he ONLY scores a goal and has an assist. 😉

• SkateFiend

Any news on the CAR goalie situation at yahoo?

• klubba575

I don’t understand why Yahoo won’t just put all the goalies in their player pool and leave them there. Nedeljkovic has been there for other games this season. Earlier this year, for a NYR-NJ game you couldnt play either goalie as they left Blackwood and Shesterkin both out. They had Lindblom listed as a D for the first two weeks of the year. Brayden Schenn has been listed as a Wing all year even though he has played center every game. Their mobile app is glitchy and horrible. I can go on and on. The shame is, two years ago when Daniel Haight posted on here frequently, their product was outstanding. Completely downhill since. Only reason I stay is I enjoy their format with pick 2 goalies and +/- counting, makes you actually think about stuff instead of jamming in chalk night after night.

• murtisman88

Yahoo! pretty annoying, they even leave out CAR skaters they had in other contests…a la Morgan Geekie for ex. Only play Yahoo and enjoy low rolling there and creating a mix of GPP lineups in the .25 contests :-)

• lomac

Islanders lineup update: Jean-Gabriel Pageau OUT

#Isles in warmups
    Bellows-Barzal-Eberle
    Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
    Komarov-Czarnik-Wahlstrom
    Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
    Pelech-Pulock
    Leddy-Mayfield
    Greene-Dobson

Sorokin

• qatman

Howdy folks, returning for more beatings. I made a small profit yesterday. Super irritated because I finally capitulated and played Matthews over Pacioretty. It would have been a much better night.

Crapped out in the early game with a ARI PP2 stack. For the main some guys I like are Larkin, Bellows, Sharangovich. I have actually been hitting decently well with my plays, just missing the slate breakers.

Good luck friends.

• zovyn

TOR2-COL1-CAR2 – might as well blow the rest of my weekend bankroll on some NHL DFS. :)

GL all LFG!

• qatman

It occurs to me that there might be an edge in figuring out which home team scorekeepers award the most assists. The other night I was watching the Sharks and Max Jones of ANA scored on a breakaway. There was a primary assist which seemed reasonable, then several minutes later an entirely superfluous secondary assist was added. Obviously this has no real world implications but it does for fantasy.

So I think I will do a project when I have time to look at assists in home games vs. away games after adjusting for opponents. If anyone happens to have this handy, please post and save me some time!

• SkateFiend

@klubba575 said...

I don’t understand why Yahoo won’t just put all the goalies in their player pool and leave them there. Nedeljkovic has been there for other games this season. Earlier this year, for a NYR-NJ game you couldnt play either goalie as they left Blackwood and Shesterkin both out. They had Lindblom listed as a D for the first two weeks of the year. Brayden Schenn has been listed as a Wing all year even though he has played center every game. Their mobile app is glitchy and horrible. I can go on and on. The shame is, two years ago when Daniel Haight posted on here frequently, their product was outstanding. Completely downhill since. Only reason I stay is I enjoy their format with pick 2 goalies and +/- counting, makes you actually think about stuff instead of jamming in chalk night after night.

Wasn’t Nedeljkovic in the Yahoo player pool? I seem to recall using him in Yahoo contests. He’s not there anymore for some reason.

• eatmyturf23

@klubba575 said...

Earlier this year, for a NYR-NJ game you couldnt play either goalie as they left Blackwood and Shesterkin both out.

Yeah and I warned them about Shesterkin the prior evening. Hounded them all day. Then 2 hours before lock they actually replied to me on Twitter and said they were too late and would not add him. WTF is that?

Oh btw, Bellows goal. And he’s not on Yahoo. Will you all please light up my Reddit posts, linked earlier here on page one of this thread? Thx.

It’s really inexcusable by Yahoo how bad they’ve been.

• eatmyturf23

@SkateFiend said...

Wasn’t Nedeljkovic in the Yahoo player pool? I seem to recall using him in Yahoo contests. He’s not there anymore for some reason.

See my earlier posts, lol.

• zovyn

Grr. Almost almost dove in on COL2. Meh.

• lomac

Hutchinson barely had a coffee and is done lol

• yisman

Msatt Murray late scfratch, wrecks my showdonw

FML

• tristanwolf

come on kadri one more damn shot

• tristanwolf

ugggh empter netter gets the col1 crowd in showdown smdh

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).