• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Boston ( -105 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 140 ) at  New Jersey ( -160 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -105 ) at  Washington ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:38 PM :  Carolina ( -240 ) at  Detroit ( 210 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    8:08 PM :  Arizona ( 175 ) at  Minnesota ( -200 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    8:38 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -155 ) at  Dallas ( 130 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    9:08 PM :  Anaheim ( 240 ) at  Colorado ( -280 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• axman15

Can’t recall a slate this year that didn’t have a game total above 6. Coming off my best night of the year, I’m a little excited for this one.

• hautalak

I was clamoring for this (a no Canada slate) and now idk what to do!

I think I’ll start with BOS after that showing yesterday. I like TB as well but they might be stifled a bit. Of course everybody will go “value” NJ today. Lots of options to make it feel like you don’t have to “force” something. I see a lot of paths tonight. Good luck fellas!!!

• cplatt87

Feels pretty easy to just jam in Pasta and MacKinnon tonight which probably means both are gonna be mega chalk.

• nosideFX

Any thoughts/insight on Daniel Vlader in net for Boston?

• tristanwolf

Birthdays: None
    Fans in the stands: NJD, Detroit(750), Dallas (5k)
    Bargains: E. Svechnikov, (w) s. aho (d), J.Dickenson © if no hintz
    Big Baller: Kiril Kaprizov

• tristanwolf

@nosideFX said...

well his name is awesome

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@nosideFX said...

It’s Vladar with an A, not to be confused by Darth Vader.

We don’t know much, but he has performed extremely well in a small sample this season, in both the Czech league and the AHL. He had an amazing season last season too in the AHL. He had mixed results in various leagues in prior years.

He’s 6 foot 5, 185 pounds.

I basically just went on hockeydb.

• nosideFX

I feel so lost on goalie lately.

• Felixxberg

@nosideFX said...

I feel so lost on goalie lately.

Same, but without the “on goalie” part.

SD has given me some hope.

Just speaking about DFS though. My real life is going pretty well lately despite covid.

• ifthethunder

@Felixxberg said...

It’s Vladar with an A, not to be confused by Darth Vader.

Felixxberg…
    ~

• ifthethunder

For the forum contest, I think I’ll play Casey DeSmith. Darth Dan Vladar can be in a quarter jukebox lineup as a hedge.
    ~

• Felixxberg

@ifthethunder said...

Felixxberg…
    ~

• zovyn

(F/D) Goalie is stressing me out tonight.

Blackwood (6.7) is DIRT cheap but BUF@NJ is a weird matchup.

Would have rolled Grubby but Miska (8.5) seems a bit overpriced… but pown% should be pretty low and a W seems like a good bet there – sooner or later the Avs are gonna fully Av and the Ducks are gonna fully Ducks, right?

Kahkonen (8.0) and Reimer (8.3) seem to be pretty safe picks but it’s hard for me to get my head around the Wild being good and the Hurricanes seem to be struggling a little bit without Trocheck. Feels like one of those two goalies could end up being a big disappointment tonight, but which one?

• nosideFX

@zovyn said...

(F/D) Goalie is stressing me out tonight.

Blackwood (6.7) is DIRT cheap but BUF@NJ is a weird matchup.

Would have rolled Grubby but Miska (8.5) seems a bit overpriced… but pown% should be pretty low and a W seems like a good bet there – sooner or later the Avs are gonna fully Av and the Ducks are gonna fully Ducks, right?

Kahkonen (8.0) and Reimer (8.3) seem to be pretty safe picks but it’s hard for me to get my head around the Wild being good and the Hurricanes seem to be struggling a little bit without Trocheck. Feels like one of those two goalies could end up being a big disappointment tonight, but which one?

I’m feeling very similar, I like Colorado but dislike Miska in net and think Gibson might end up being great value tonight.

I feel like Gibson, Bernier, Oettinger, and Raanta might be the losing goalies tonight that outscore the winning goalies in their games fantasy wise.

Goalie has my head twisted tonight. Varlamov and Vasilevskiy are the best statistically wise but both are on the road and not as safe as the numbers would suggest. What to do, what to do?

• zovyn

@nosideFX said...

I’m feeling very similar, I like Colorado but dislike Miska in net and think Gibson might end up being great value tonight.

I feel like Gibson, Bernier, Oettinger, and Raanta might be the losing goalies tonight that outscore the winning goalies in their games fantasy wise.

Goalie has my head twisted tonight. Varlamov and Vasilevskiy are the best statistically wise but both are on the road and not as safe as the numbers would suggest. What to do, what to do?

It also smells to me that you might be looking on DK where those shot bonuses can come into play. I wonder what the pricing is over there (not that it matters to me). Gotta have that W on F/D 19 times out of 20.

• tristanwolf

blackwood who’s lost 6 in a row vs buffalo who’s lost 11 in a row hmm

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@tristanwolf said...

blackwood who’s lost 6 in a row vs buffalo who’s lost 11 in a row hmm

ha, quite the question.

• zovyn

Bernier in net for DET

• zovyn

Hall – slapshot to the face. Goodnight, Buffalo.

• Southie777

Colton, I am your father. (deep breathing…)

https://twitter.com/michaelFhurley/status/1371967364997259267?s=19

• Roma315

Who the TB goalie for tonight- Vasilevskiy

• TheRyanFlaherty

I don’t have much time anymore, so basically play a Showdown a night, figuring I can feel informed if I just have to focus on one game…and at this point, I should almost be impressed with how virtually every game the opposite of what I expect happens. It’s insane. Tonight is expecting a low scoring game from Car/Det and checking in to already see a goal on each side. Ugh…oh well…

• qatman

I find it funny that Larkin has 1 shot on goal and 6 shots that have been blocked. There’s no predicting that.

• zovyn

Gibson OUT — Miller IN for ANA

• land_of_the_lock

@zovyn said...

Gibson OUT — Miller IN for ANA

Thanks for your timely updates, zovyn.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).