Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:38 PM :  Arizona ( 230 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -270 ) —- T: 6½u-25
    8:38 PM :  Vancouver ( 160 ) at  Chicago ( -190 ) —- T: 6o-20
    10:38 PM :  Winnipeg ( -175 ) at  Los Angeles ( 155 ) —- T: 6u-20
    10:38 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Steverino01

Looking at the contests for Tuesday. So many top heavy payouts. Really the mini-max has 5th place only getting 5% of what 1st place gets…lol

Why play the mini-max when the $1 hip check is much better. 20th place gives you 10% of 1st place.

Yea go ahead and chase that $1000 against those that make 150 lineups in a 11.8K entries contest.

DK is starting to remind me of Pokerstars when I was allowed to play there.Top heavy payouts, yet at least playing poker, you could work to get into the money and then go from there.

• jjwd

the mini max and other contests like it should be a stepping stone for people to grow bankroll and move up stakes. But apparently DK thinks it’s more profitable for them to retain the current sharks, not worry about future ones, and put casual players into a lottery mindset. Not good for DFS obviously.

• thewinners

Can somebody tell me what this means?
    I went into my account today and seen this

Active Drip Bonus
    0% Complete
    $0 / $10
    Enter $10 More In Contests To Release 6086 Prize

• thewinners

?

• canuck1995

@jjwd said...

the mini max and other contests like it should be a stepping stone for people to grow bankroll and move up stakes. But apparently DK thinks it’s more profitable for them to retain the current sharks, not worry about future ones, and put casual players into a lottery mindset. Not good for DFS obviously.

For DK to do this I feel like there has to be some sort of Pareto distribution – 80% of the profits come from 20% of the players – or else they’d have more incentive to change it.

• jjwd

yeah, we know that the sharks pay DKs bills, but the question is why not create a fuller, larger ecosystem with (eventually) more sharks?

• TimmerRC

So… apparently no one in the RG contest went with vegas?

• rgreuli

@jjwd said...

yeah, we know that the sharks pay DKs bills, but the question is why not create a fuller, larger ecosystem with (eventually) more sharks?

or why not play on Fan Duel..I took most of my business there..taken down several tournaments there including a 1st place finish tonight in a single entry tournament. Lost money on DK tonight though both sites my stacks were CHI and VGK with Vas as the goalie.

• rgreuli

@TimmerRC said...

I did in one of the 2 and won the one where i had Vegas stacked.

• Southie777

Wow, what a wacky night. Managed to min. cash with my main lineup in the Hip Check, Poke Check, Shoot Out and One Timer, despite getting 7 combined points out of 5 of my forwards and not having a single Golden Knight. Not exactly a bonanza, but given how badly I missed on the majority of my roster and the fact that I got 33.6 points, I’ll certainly take it. Seems like a pretty quiet night for the Forum, maybe we can change that tomorrow night!

• TimmerRC

Tomorrow is a huge night, 10 games!

• rgreuli

Yes, and remember to stack Columbus, Pittsburgh and Toronto.

• TimmerRC

I’m definitely throwing at least one det/nyr game stack in there, both teams are trash and Detroit put up 45 shots the last time they met.

• PhoFever

@TimmerRC said...

People just love their Sharks around here, always seeing the glass half full.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Ha I got burned by those pesky Sharks but I didn’t know the 2017-2018 VGK were back lol That top line has been money lately!!!

And as for the top heavy stuff, I’m just enough of a sucker to only drop 10 entries into the mini so I can have my “chance” at 1K. I know it’s a losing proposal but I’ve been losing everything else, so why not have it “pay” off if I so happen to win. And for tonight “min cashing” is not wining for me!

• PhoFever

@rgreuli said...

Yes, and remember to stack Columbus, Pittsburgh and Toronto.

This sounds like a great recipe for bankruptcy.

• sizzlebeans

@PhoFever said...

This sounds like a great recipe for bankruptcy.

It’s 2/3 the opposite of what my gut build was this morning. So, I’ll be adding an opposite build in the forecheck to counter.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).