7:08 PM :  Montreal ( -105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -115 ) —- T: 6u-15
    7:38 PM :  Washington ( -230 ) at  New Jersey ( 190 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:08 PM :  Toronto ( 105 ) at  Nashville ( -125 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    8:08 PM :  Edmonton ( 175 ) at  St. Louis ( -210 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Colorado ( 115 ) at  Minnesota ( -135 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:38 PM :  Florida ( 135 ) at  Dallas ( -155 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:08 PM :  Columbus ( 115 ) at  Calgary ( -135 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    10:05 PM :  Detroit ( 0 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

I wrote on a blog on the 2019 FHWC feel free to read https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/my-journey-to-the-2019-nhl-fhwc-2970141

Drop a like if ya can

• Zieg30

STL has been crap without Tarasenko, but hard to get away from L1.

I don’t believe the Rangers game is at 10pm tonight, so that’s a typo!

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results

rgreuli – 52.1
    clintwilley – 41.1
    PocketsSloppy – 39.1
    gair-z – 25.2
    TheDaz – 24.6T
    Mr_Papageorgio – 24.6T

Yesterday’s DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results (Contest 2)

elg26 – 33.6
    TimmerRC – 31.1
    rgreuli – 30.1
    Getty3 – 28.5
    clintwilley – 25

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/70426926

• sizzlebeans

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

I wrote on a blog on the 2019 feel free to read fhwc https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/my-journey-to-the-2019-nhl-fhwc-2970141

Good read. Thanks for posting that.

• hautalak

Agreed^

Damn I should have played the forum contests last night. Well maybe not since I would have entered my Sharks variety and not chalky TB that would have squeaked into the cash lines there.

• hautalak

Also looks like a bunch of young guns for DET. These are truthfully Wings I know very little of too. Any of them recognizable to anybody? Might be a good time to attack them…

• PhoFever

First lineup builds have NSH, WSH, and…. actually just those two. Might stir in some Philly. And of course, I will have one homer CBJ stack (CBJ is my “home” team until the Seattle Steelhead officially arrive) and one “homer” Leafs stack (having a Canadian wife allows me to choose a favoUrite Canadian team too).

That being said, investing in the Leafs and their dumpster fire defense of late is like….

• dyavid

Still tilted about not catching the pavelski news on my one poke check lineup. put up 56.6 with his 0 :’(

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 (Contest 2)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/70429079

• hautalak

Dug deep today!

Top lines as of now for me:
    1. DAL L1 – Seguin, Hintz, Radulov
    2. NYI L1 – Barzal, Lee, Eberle
    3. BOS L1 (if Pasta returns)

duos/mismatches/etc.
    1. Staal/Donato
    2. MacK/Brassard
    3. Tavares/Matthews

Value Lines
    1. PIT L3 – Bjugstad, Hornqvist, Simon (puke so leave him off if necessary)
    2. FLA L3 – Sheahan, Brouwer, Hunt
    3. DAL L3 – Faksa, Cogliano, Comeau

Last but not least I love CGY tonight but nit sure how to put them together yet.

Line ratings are basically based on my version of average points the last 5 games but reducing significance of goals and assists. With my system goals, assists, shots, and blocks are all equal to 1.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Dug deep today!

Top lines as of now for me:
    1. DAL L1 – Seguin, Hintz, Radulov
    2. NYI L1 – Barzal, Lee, Eberle
    3. BOS L1 (if Pasta returns)

duos/mismatches/etc.
    1. Staal/Donato
    2. MacK/Brassard
    3. Tavares/Matthews

Value Lines
    1. PIT L3 – Bjugstad, Hornqvist, Simon (puke so leave him off if necessary)
    2. FLA L3 – Sheahan, Brouwer, Hunt
    3. DAL L3 – Faksa, Cogliano, Comeau

Last but not least I love CGY tonight but nit sure how to put them together yet.

Line ratings are basically based on my version of average points the last 5 games but reducing significance of goals and assists. With my system goals, assists, shots, and blocks are all equal to 1.

I like this, as I was just doing my FanDuel lineups and “remembered” that DAL has a lot to play for in keeping that wild card. In fact, now I have to reassess everything because I wasn’t thinking too much about playoff picture.

As for PIT, who knows what will happen there. Like the Sharks, just when you think the well-oiled machine is tightening up for the playoffs, the wheels fall off.

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

I like this, as I was just doing my FanDuel lineups and “remembered” that DAL has a lot to play for in keeping that wild card. In fact, now I have to reassess everything because I wasn’t thinking too much about playoff picture.

As for PIT, who knows what will happen there. Like the Sharks, just when you think the well-oiled machine is tightening up for the playoffs, the wheels fall off.

If I keep losing at DK I’m going to have to drag my sorry but over to FD.

I don’t mind PHI L2 tonight either.

• Southie777

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

I wrote on a blog on the 2019 feel free to read fhwc https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/my-journey-to-the-2019-nhl-fhwc-2970141

Nice write-up, thanks!

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

If I keep losing at DK I’m going to have to drag my sorry but over to FD.

You’ve been singing the same song for a while, hautalak. Time to turn words into action!

I don’t know whether I’m lucky or good (or both, or neither), but I put my initial $5 in to FanDuel a month ago, and my BR is now at $109, playing only $1 and .25 games and min. cashing on one $7 ticket that I won. On top of that, my eyes don’t hurt from staring at dark backgrounds, small fonts and green and orange jungle colors. It’s been a revelation! I’m not even digging Yahoo as much anymore, which is sad.

• sizzlebeans

Pasta might be back tonight

• sizzlebeans

Tarasenko might play, too

• Southie777

Perhaps Letang, too?

• sizzlebeans

@Southie777 said...

Perhaps Letang, too?

Looks likely

“Letang started out practicing on the second power-play unit. He just switched with Schultz and is now taking reps with the first power-play unit.”

EDIT: This was posted to twitter after this initial tweet, so Letang and Schultz could still swap spots.

Penguins PP1: Schultz, Crosby, Kessel, Hornqvist and Guentzel
    Penguins PP2: Letang, Pettersson, Bjugstad, Simon and McCann

• yisman

have six tickets to a fanduel satellite

Jeff Petry has not recorded a point this month.

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

You’ve been singing the same song for a while, hautalak. Time to turn words into action!

I don’t know whether I’m lucky or good (or both, or neither), but I put my initial $5 in to FanDuel a month ago, and my BR is now at $109, playing only $1 and .25 games and min. cashing on one $7 ticket that I won. On top of that, my eyes don’t hurt from staring at dark backgrounds, small fonts and green and orange jungle colors. It’s been a revelation! I’m not even digging Yahoo as much anymore, which is sad.

Today is the “decision maker”!!! Lose and I’ll only play quarters a day to keep my achievements going. Congrats though and nice work there.

Getting in all the lineups I can and hopefully am well enough “researched” that I do ok…

Pasta and Senko back help things though!

• TimmerRC

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

I wrote on a blog on the 2019 FHWC feel free to read https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/my-journey-to-the-2019-nhl-fhwc-2970141

That’s a fun read, thanks for sharing!!

• yisman

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

so far the only blog I’ve seen!

I didn’t see coverage of the event.

• mfetzner

Tarasenko will play tonight!

• sizzlebeans

Think I’m going to fire up an oldie but goody, and use a MTL3 stack. Those guys used to win people money back in the olden days. Really like that Drouin is on that line.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.