• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Calgary ( 140 ) at  Toronto ( -160 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 160 ) at  Montreal ( -180 ) —- T: 6u-15
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 120 ) at  Washington ( -140 ) —- T: 6u-20
    9:08 PM :  St. Louis ( -145 ) at  San Jose ( 125 ) —- T: 6u-25
    10:08 PM :  Vegas ( -180 ) at  Los Angeles ( 160 ) —- T: 5½o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I cashed the $10 but bubbled the $222 by 0.80. I had RNH and McD, so that offside felt bad!

I have to reiterate that scoring is broken. Grubauer won 5-1 against Talbot, yet Talbot outscored him by 4.70.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

I have to reiterate that scoring is broken. Grubauer won 5-1 against Talbot, yet Talbot outscored him by 4.70.

I haven’t “liked” the changes but for the most part they’ve seemed to benefit me but that one is insane!!!. That isn’t a small margin either.

it might be too much like season long but I’d like to add a save percentage category (just not sure how points would work for that). So I’ll agree goalie scoring/pricing is the most broken!

• cplatt87

@Felixxberg said...

I mean it’s not every night a team gets outshot 55-20 either. I agree that scoring is a bit weird for goalies but that’s a pretty extreme outlier of a result.

• SA16

The scoring is not broken and if you played Grubauer you made a bad play so there’s that

• Felixxberg

@SA16 said...

The scoring is not broken and if you played Grubauer you made a bad play so there’s that

I played Vasi and lucked out on an assist. Still came out 0.80 out of cash line in the $222.

By broken, I mean it just doesn’t make sense. It’s like if a player who had 5 points got outscored by a player who had 1.

• Felixxberg

@cplatt87 said...

I mean it’s not every night a team gets outshot 55-20 either. I agree that scoring is a bit weird for goalies but that’s a pretty extreme outlier of a result.

Colorado’s shot differential is insane, so it’s usually optimal to play them and the opposing goalie, getting bonuses everywhere.

It feels like playing a DST against a QB. If that QB throws 50+ passes, it means he should get intercepted more, so sometimes it’s a decent play.

• zovyn

@cplatt87 said...

Yes, this. I know that the scoring bonuses/etc are very different for Goalies on DK (I didn’t even know they got points for apples, they don’t on FD obvi) – but as far as I can recall, that’s maybe the 3rd or 4th time this whole season that a losing goalie outscored the winning goalie (assuming both played the full game). That’s got to be really close to the definition of extreme outlier, isn’t it?

What’s more challenging to me is how the top 2 or 3 ‘favored’ goalies can/will often win and still not be top 3 for the night. Vasiline-sky is a prime example. He wins constantly but it’s rare that he tops 30 FD pts any night. Goalie is tricky.

• zovyn

I’m unreasonably excited to possibly have the Schwartz in action again tonight. Couple seasons ago he won me some nice $$$ and those memories fade slowly…

• hautalak

• x2

@zovyn said...

I’m unreasonably excited to possibly have the Schwartz in action again tonight. Couple seasons ago he won me some nice $$$ and those memories fade slowly…

You’re not a DK guy but he’s min there!!! If he plays I’ll go the ol Felixx 100% (which I never do!!!)

I’m beginning to like this slate. I think my leverage spot will be the Kings today, depending on how their lines shake out. One thing I do know is after that 9-0 Rags victory I might fade their L1 since that’s enough points for them for the month haha

• zovyn

I keep landing on WSH1 and TOR1 – tough to squeeze them both in so we’ll see how this goes. VGK2 and STL2 aren’t as cheap as I’d like… Goalie looks like a shitshow at first glance – if they’d have kept Lehner at min salary (FD) like he was the other night, I’d probably be all over him. Meh. Guess I should go back to work and worry about this later.

EDIT: Jaret Anderson-Dolan is still sitting at $3k on FD – I can accept that. :)

• Southie777

Fuuuuuuck, looks like COVID has come for the Bruins. Four more players into protocol. Canceling at least tomorrow’s and Tuesday’s game (first one with fans, which I was fired up to be going to).

• Southie777

I will be all over Galchenyuk at min price on both sites. Looks like he’ll be on TOR2 with Tavares and Nylander, yes please!

• hautalak

• x2

Also a FYI snake drafts are live on DK now!!!

• sizzlebeans

Looks like Binnington will get another crack at the Sharks tonight after trying to “fight” three guys upon getting chased last time he faced them. Should be good motivation but I’m stacking that game anyway. Blues and Defense are antonyms, and Sharks are rolling out Martin “Two Quick Ones” Jones. He loves to get behind by multiple goals early in the game and then try to wake up.

EDIT: Also no Wild Bill tonight. Might still be without Cam, too. They’re running out of centers.

• Canuckage

William Karlsson out tonight (On COVID protocol)

Loved playing VGK2 tonight but don’t know about now.

• Felixxberg

So much uncertainty in the VGK-LAK game means a perfect spot for SD!

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

Also a FYI snake drafts are live on DK now!!!

I wish contests were bigger!

• cplatt87

@Felixxberg said...

So much uncertainty in the VGK-LAK game means a perfect spot for SD!

I jave Marchessault and Smith in my main lineup at the moment so ill be keeping an eye on news!

• ifthethunder

I spent, err wasted so much time on CBB today, I barely got around to my NHL and NBA chores. Just homered my Capitals for tonight….but I do have some Vegans in there.

Is there concern the game will be canceled or some such?
    ~

• Felixxberg

@ifthethunder said...

I spent, err wasted so much time on CBB today, I barely got around to my NHL and NBA chores. Just homered my Capitals for tonight….but I do have some Vegans in there.

Is there concern the game will be canceled or some such?
    ~

I wouldn’t think so, but we’ve seen some crazy things!

• Felixxberg

So, I’m behind in the $333, and have 380 PMR remaining. I saw the new STL ROR line and figured no one would have it, so I made the swap from the Schenn line to that one and downgraded elsewhere.

Pure GPP move. Let’s see how that plays out!

• sizzlebeans

Wild Bill had a false positive, he and Cam are on the ice for Vegas at center

• cplatt87

Lol Karlsson now active after I reworked my lineup before the early games to remove him.

This season man. Im sure he smashes now

• sizzlebeans

@cplatt87 said...

Lol Karlsson now active after I reworked my lineup before the early games to remove him.

This season man. Im sure he smashes now

I did a SD line just to get his line in. That’s one way to cure any FOMO.

• Felixxberg

SD was full hours ago. I had my 14 (maximum) lineups reserved. Stephenson, Tuch, Brown had DTD tags, Karlsson had the red O tag, and it’s Lehner vs Quick. Can’t find a better SD slate! Probably the biggest edge we’ll ever see.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).