7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 125 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( -115 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 210 ) at  Montreal ( -265 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Detroit ( 160 ) at  Columbus ( -190 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Winnipeg ( -145 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -145 ) at  New Jersey ( 125 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Carolina ( -130 ) at  Nashville ( 110 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    8:38 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) at  Dallas ( 145 ) —- T: 5½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Stangs13

So sick of DK changing the size and structures of tournaments every day. It makes it almost impossible to stay consistent in what I play every day. The showdown contests today are all tiny. I just don’t get it. Yesterday they didn’t fill but got 4K entries in the $2 mini max. Today the $2 has only 297 entries.

• hautalak

@Stangs13 said...

Yesterday they didn’t fill but got 4K entries in the $2 mini max. Today the $2 has only 297 entries.

TBH I didn’t even know they had a $2 mini max yesterday since I never really “look” at the $2 b/c it’s usually $500 pool (as I’m sure others didn’t either). I only realized after somebody told me there was overlay after it started. If that was “promoted” (since that’s a very uncommon thing) like some other things people would have flocked!!!

Anyway I’ll try to stop bitching but NHL is just neglected to the max but it doesn’t bring in enough people apparently.

And I think today I’m back to the MTL well as OTT just had a nice win.

• tristanwolf

well i can’t do much worse than yesterday winnepeg, calgary, edmonton, colorado outscored a combined score of 18-3. lol but that’s variance for you, stick with the process. only thing right was batherson and will continue to ride him as a 1 or 2 off until his streak is stopped!

• ifthethunder

My Connor Hellebuyck and the Jets pick last night failed spectacularly. Dare I be stubborn and double down tonight with Laurent Brossoit?
    ~

• cplatt87

Last night was proof to me that all the research in the world can’t outweigh variance. I basically didnt even think of playing anyone from the Vegas/Wild and Blues/Ducks games and they ended up being the 2 highest scoring games on the slate.

• cplatt87

@ifthethunder said...

My Connor Hellebuyck and the Jets pick last night failed spectacularly. Dare I be stubborn and double down tonight with Laurent Brossoit?
    ~

I have Brossoit as my goalie currently. As someone who lives in Winnipeg and watches every Jets game, Brossoit seems to have Vancouvers number.

I also dont think its possible for the Jets to play any worse than they did yesterday so i expect a pretty solid bounce back tonight.

• ifthethunder

@cplatt87 said...

I have Brossoit as my goalie currently. As someone who lives in Winnipeg and watches every Jets game, Brossoit seems to have Vancouvers number.

I also dont think its possible for the Jets to play any worse than they did yesterday so i expect a pretty solid bounce back tonight.

Thanks, I wanted to be stubborn anywho. Good luck to us!
    ~

• PhoFever

@cplatt87 said...

As someone who lives in Winnipeg and watches every Jets game, Brossoit seems to have Vancouvers number.

I sincerely hope you are right, and that the offense turns back on. It’s been cold for a week. I need them to go back to their old ways.

• PhoFever

@cplatt87 said...

Last night was proof to me that all the research in the world can’t outweigh variance. I basically didnt even think of playing anyone from the Vegas/Wild and Blues/Ducks games and they ended up being the 2 highest scoring games on the slate.

I made a non-stacking lineup with spare parts from those games and a bunch of other one-offs. Finished 1st in the DK single entry $1 to the tune of $200, it was my single biggest NHL day. I made that line out of anger, in 2 minutes, with no research and just picked a bunch of shooters. Point being, it was nice to hop on the variance horse and have it turn out well, for once.

• PhoFever

@tristanwolf said...

only thing right was batherson and will continue to ride him as a 1 or 2 off until his streak is stopped!

So Nova Scotia doesn’t make many NHL players, but the ones they do seem to turn out well- Crosby, MacKinnon, Marchand and now Batherson

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Finished 1st in the DK single entry $1 to the tune of $200, it was my single biggest NHL day.

Congrats! Hopefully another one of us get a chance tonight.

I think I’ll end up with some PHI too!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@PhoFever said...

I made a non-stacking lineup with spare parts from those games and a bunch of other one-offs. Finished 1st in the DK single entry $1 to the tune of $200, it was my single biggest NHL day. I made that line out of anger, in 2 minutes, with no research and just picked a bunch of shooters. Point being, it was nice to hop on the variance horse and have it turn out well, for once.

Nice one! Congrats!

I’m going light for a few days. Seems like nothing is working right now, so I might as well lose less!

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Congrats! Hopefully another one of us get a chance tonight.

I think I’ll end up with some PHI too!

Hey, you already congratulated me privately, no need to double up lol :)

@Felix – thanks!!!

• cplatt87

No Crosby for Pittsburgh tonight. My initial lean was to try and play more Rust and Malkin but Malkin has been so bad this year I don’t know if I can get there.

• mfetzner

@cplatt87 said...

Maybe fans do make a difference. Does Vegas make the late comeback without the fans? I think you said yesterday that the Rangers blew up first time they had fans too so maybe something to keep an eye on. Not sure where to easily find that info though I just happened to catch it on NHL Radio. Anyone have any ideas?

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Nice one! Congrats!

I’m going light for a few days. Seems like nothing is working right now, so I might as well lose less!

I feel ya Felix, been a strange season for the most part.

Is it just me or is it every time I play lighter I start to crush and wish I didn’t play light?

• tristanwolf

congrats pho.
    i’m liking philly too but sure they will be popular. almost liking pitts a little more as you get cheap malkin with studs and still convinced hart road splits are a thing. (ok he shut out buffalo but i think my nephew could too).

• cplatt87

@mfetzner said...

Maybe fans do make a difference. Does Vegas make the late comeback without the fans? I think you said yesterday that the Rangers blew up first time they had fans too so maybe something to keep an eye on. Not sure where to easily find that info though I just happened to catch it on NHL Radio. Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah when the Rangers thumped the Bruins last week it was the first night of fans at MSG this season.

It’s just a matter of doing some googling to find out when fans were allowed at each arena and then checking the box scores for the first game. I’ll see what I can find when i’m done work because I’m curious now.

• zovyn

(F/D)

So despite EDM1 and WPG1 crushing me on the first two FD slates, I was riding VGK and SJ on the after-hours and single-game slates and made a tidy profit with Evander Kane (stud) really coming through for a big win on the single-game slate. So that’s nice.

Bankroll is back to a level I can work with and have a shit-ton of NHL/NBA/MLB satellite tickets racked up for the rest of this month so let’s effing go! :)

Counting on a WPG1 bounceback with some low% recency bias tonight. TB2 is a really attractive hammer. If they’re going to keep running Cirelli/Stamkos/Killorn on the road I’m going to be all over it until those salaries go up.

NSH and DET are both playing tonight so you’ve got some generally obvious targets there. BUT the Preds aren’t as bad at home – so I’ll be loading up CBJ… Laine/Atkinson should have too much talent to not go off somewhat tonight and I like some underachiveing players on the blueline… just not sure if it’ll be Jones or Werenski who go off tonight? Will definitely have some combo of Roslovic/Atkinson/Laine/Jones for the PP1 correlation. They’re all underpriced for the matchup and should pay off nicely.

I’ve got to dig deeper into the numbers for OTT@MTL, PHI@PIT (w/no Syd), BUF@NYR, and NYI@NJ but I’m sure I’ll like some plays there as well.

P.S. If you’re not on the budget Tolvanen (3.6k) and Pesce (4.2k) trains, tonight’s a good time to hop on board…

P.P.S. My big winnings last night came from the single-game slate (10:30 PM COL@SJ) and it was mainly due to some huge overlay on the small F/D contests. I don’t like advertising it but it’s always there on those 10:30pm games fwiw and fyi y’all…

• mr_papageorgio

If anyone needs salary relief tonight, Beauviller is $3400 and got PP1 time last game. Not listed on PP on DFO so could be sneaky.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Krausehouse said...

I feel ya Felix, been a strange season for the most part.

Is it just me or is it every time I play lighter I start to crush and wish I didn’t play light?

I avoid that regret by playing late/turbo and SD slates only! I’ll be back in the $333 as soon as I hit a nice prize, or maybe once a week.

I just feel bad when I win $1K+ in SD and then just lose it in 3 days in the $333. That said, the $333 is where I made the most money in one night, too. Losses are bigger, but wins too obviously!

• Stangs13

Going CLB1, TB1, NYR2, and OTT3 today.

• cplatt87

Too many guys I liked tonight so I had to play a 3 max to get some exposure to all of them instead of just playing a single lineup like I normally do. Now just to hope I have the right combos!

• OttawaCityMadman

@PhoFever said...

So Nova Scotia doesn’t make many NHL players, but the ones they do seem to turn out well- Crosby, MacKinnon, Marchand and now Batherson

And Al MacInnis. Loved watching him play back in his day!

• axman15

Trying something new tonight without any of the top guys on the slate – I usually spend down on D, but tonight I’m going to mix in a lot of Weber/Hedman/Josi.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).