7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 125 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( -115 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 210 ) at  Montreal ( -265 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Detroit ( 160 ) at  Columbus ( -190 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Winnipeg ( -145 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -145 ) at  New Jersey ( 125 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Carolina ( -130 ) at  Nashville ( 110 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    8:38 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) at  Dallas ( 145 ) —- T: 5½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• qatman

Back for another afternoon/evening of hockey.

I’m still not clear who is starting in net for TBL; I liked Vasilevskiy but not McElhinney. For now I am rolling Varlamov but might switch. Shesterkin is intriguing but I don’t think he’s actually that good and BUF is going to go off one of these days.

Otherwise I am playing 8 one-offs in my cash lineup which are mostly balanced except Okposo as the punt. I’ve always liked him in DFS for some reason and he is getting OK minutes on L2/P2. Another guy who seems underpriced is Ekholm, 3900 with 31 SOG/10 BS in the last 10 games. I have no one from DAL/TBL so playing a SD GPP lineup to have something to root for.

Bankroll discipline is a lot easier when you actually win a little. Playing 8-10% per day, mostly cash, split among a few slates. The actual amounts are inconsequential but it gives me something to do while waiting to become worm food. What more can you ask for?

• cplatt87

@cplatt87 said...

Yeah when the Rangers thumped the Bruins last week it was the first night of fans at MSG this season.

It’s just a matter of doing some googling to find out when fans were allowed at each arena and then checking the box scores for the first game. I’ll see what I can find when i’m done work because I’m curious now.

Ok I looked into this a little bit.

The below is all the teams that have played in front of fans, and the result in their first home game with fans this year. Some teams have had fans for all their home games and others came later in the season:

Arizona – Jan 14th vs San Jose – 3-4 S/O Loss
    Dallas – Jan 22nd vs Nashville – 7-0 Win
    Florida – Jan 17th vs Chicago – 5-2 Win
    Nashville – Jan 26th vs Chicago – 3-2 OT Win
    New York Rangers – Feb 26th vs Boston – 6-2 Win
    St Louis – Feb 2nd vs Arizona – 4-3 Win
    Vegas – March 1st vs Minnesota – 5-4 OT win.

Also of note for tonight’s slate is that Columbus, Pittsburgh and New Jersey are all playing their first game in front of their home fans tonight.

Later this month will also see Buffalo (March 20th) and the New York Islanders (March 18th)

What does this all mean? Not a whole lot really simply because its a pretty small sample. There does appear to be a a slight edge in targeting the home team in these games as they seem to win more often than not. If you bet totals they also pretty consistently hit the over.

Overall it was fun to at least look into this a bit, even if the data isn’t super useful!

• zovyn

I can’t decide between my natural inclination to expect the Wings to fold on the road against CBJ1 or all the numbers that support attacking the Predators with CAR2. Meh.

Eff it. I’m rolling a LU strategy that’s worked for me in previous seasons. Regardless of how different all 3 teams are: Rolling PIT1 at home, TB2 on the road, and whoever is hosting the Red Wings.

• zovyn

Nice work, Cplatt, interesting to consider and it does make sense, hockey is an energy-driven sport for sure. I only play in a stupid old man adult non-checking beer league but on the rare occasion a friend or family member comes to watch a game, I work a lot harder.

I mean – that’s about the dumbest sample-size anecdotal game theory consideration I’ve ever offered but it supports my CBJ1 and PIT1 picks so I’M A GONNA SAY LIGHT IT UP! :)

• hautalak

Took a bit of a “mental break” tonight as well and was only gonna play $1 (for achievement purposes) but caved and threw my lone lineup in the $10 from one of the tickets I have. Go WPG! Good luck tonight boys.

• mr_papageorgio

MTL1 serious chalk in the $333. Hope they don’t burn me since I faded.

• Southie777

No BUFF/NYR game-stack, no cash. Good night, everybody!

• cplatt87

Played the Ottawa goalie I’ve never heard of in GPPs and he’s 3% owned so hoping for a miracle!

I also cut Eichel during my last minute tinkering though :(

• OttawaCityMadman

@Southie777 said...

No BUFF/NYR game-stack, no cash. Good night, everybody!

I have one. Need some Hall and Dahlin now and this could be a fun one

• Southie777

@mr_papageorgio said...

MTL1 serious chalk in the $333. Hope they don’t burn me since I faded.

I’m all over them, so you have nothing to worry about!

• OttawaCityMadman

Damn they changed the Eichel G. And Im not sure why, but I never play Buchnvich. double damn

• mr_papageorgio

@Southie777 said...

I’m all over them, so you have nothing to worry about!

Lol I merely thought about them earlier and that alone could be enough to sink them.

• Southie777

@mr_papageorgio said...

Lol I merely thought about them earlier and that alone could be enough to sink them.

Haha, I should amend that to I’m all over MTL1, MTL2, and even dabbled with a little MTL3. As a Bruins fan, it serves me right for selling my soul like that!

• lomac

Stats and PLD switch lines, with PLD back to playing center.

Stastny-Scheifele-Wheeler
    Connor-Dubois-Ehlers
    Copp-Lowry-Appleton
    Perreault-Thompson-Lewis

Morrissey-Poolman
    Forbort-Pionk
    Beaulieu-DeMelo

• OttawaCityMadman

D Stepan done for the season. Too bad, I didn’t dislike him ;) Fire up the youngsters

• mr_papageorgio

WPG under 10% owned. I love recency bias.

• qatman

Any word on TAM goalie?

• zovyn

Vas and Khudobin confirmed

• hautalak

Well I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone. Just ask myself the question is “COVID HOCKEY” real hockey? lol

Losing some sanity these last few nights.

• zovyn

Ah, the once-every-ten-games Buchnevich explosion. I usually catch those but I was off NYR today despite the obviously tasty matchup.

• zovyn

Aaaaand my Jones-Werenski D-stack just had a G-A connection called back. But yeah, it was offside. Le sigh.

• zovyn

Rust apple… Roslovic goal… man, if that Werenski goal had stood up I’d be looking good right now… still need Malkin to score though.

• zovyn

Ahhhh yeah here we go! C’mon PIT1!

• zovyn

Grr… Trocheck Trocheck Trocheck. Was torn between him and Stastny on the late slate. Gotta play Trocheck, the guy is lethal on the PP.

• zovyn

My lineup is moving on up… and I’m totally pwning tonight’s NHL thread on teh forum. PHEAR!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).