7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 125 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( -115 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 210 ) at  Montreal ( -265 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Detroit ( 160 ) at  Columbus ( -190 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 120 ) at  Winnipeg ( -145 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -145 ) at  New Jersey ( 125 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Carolina ( -130 ) at  Nashville ( 110 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    8:38 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) at  Dallas ( 145 ) —- T: 5½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• zovyn

Need any Devil to score so I don’t dramatically regret passing on Varly.

• zovyn

@cplatt87 said...

Ok I looked into this a little bit.

The below is all the teams that have played in front of fans, and the result in their first home game with fans this year. Some teams have had fans for all their home games and others came later in the season:

Arizona – Jan 14th vs San Jose – 3-4 S/O Loss
    Dallas – Jan 22nd vs Nashville – 7-0 Win
    Florida – Jan 17th vs Chicago – 5-2 Win
    Nashville – Jan 26th vs Chicago – 3-2 OT Win
    New York Rangers – Feb 26th vs Boston – 6-2 Win
    St Louis – Feb 2nd vs Arizona – 4-3 Win
    Vegas – March 1st vs Minnesota – 5-4 OT win.

Also of note for tonight’s slate is that Columbus, Pittsburgh and New Jersey are all playing their first game in front of their home fans tonight.

Later this month will also see Buffalo (March 20th) and the New York Islanders (March 18th)

What does this all mean? Not a whole lot really simply because its a pretty small sample. There does appear to be a a slight edge in targeting the home team in these games as they seem to win more often than not. If you bet totals they also pretty consistently hit the over.

Overall it was fun to at least look into this a bit, even if the data isn’t super useful!

Small sample size getting larger – CBJ and PIT are looking good in front of their home crowds. NJ is losing but… to be fair… they suck. Also bears noting that CBJ is hosting the Wings. But I still think there’s non-zero merit to this.

• qatman

Brutal lost the Varlamov shutout with 14 seconds eft.

• mfetzner

@cplatt87 said...

Ok I looked into this a little bit.

The below is all the teams that have played in front of fans, and the result in their first home game with fans this year. Some teams have had fans for all their home games and others came later in the season:

Arizona – Jan 14th vs San Jose – 3-4 S/O Loss
    Dallas – Jan 22nd vs Nashville – 7-0 Win
    Florida – Jan 17th vs Chicago – 5-2 Win
    Nashville – Jan 26th vs Chicago – 3-2 OT Win
    New York Rangers – Feb 26th vs Boston – 6-2 Win
    St Louis – Feb 2nd vs Arizona – 4-3 Win
    Vegas – March 1st vs Minnesota – 5-4 OT win.

Also of note for tonight’s slate is that Columbus, Pittsburgh and New Jersey are all playing their first game in front of their home fans tonight.

Later this month will also see Buffalo (March 20th) and the New York Islanders (March 18th)

What does this all mean? Not a whole lot really simply because its a pretty small sample. There does appear to be a a slight edge in targeting the home team in these games as they seem to win more often than not. If you bet totals they also pretty consistently hit the over.

Overall it was fun to at least look into this a bit, even if the data isn’t super useful!

That’s great stuff! I’m definitely intrigued seemed to help Pitt and Columbus tonight. Thanks for looking into that. It’s like the new Mom/Dad trips, felt teams always played better in those games with all the parents watching. Any little edge I’ll take even if it’s just in my head…

• qatman

Cash lineup was top 1% in the GPPs which didn’t suck, but only good for 4x because I mostly played cash. Which is the point, I guess! It is a very pleasant change to run good for once.

• ifthethunder

Thank you Laurent Brossoit and the Winnipeg Jets!

I played him with their entire power play and it worked out.
    ~

• hautalak

@ifthethunder said...

Thank you Laurent Brossoit and the Winnipeg Jets!

I played him with their entire power play and it worked out.
    ~

Yep I’m was getting scared for a while! My “mental break” worked lol

Congrats winners!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).