NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM : Minnesota ( 140 ) at Washington ( -160 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:08 PM : San Jose ( -180 ) at Anaheim ( 160 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

The NHL really could have saved a few games from last night’s slate for this one!

• rgreuli

Washington line 3 and pray.

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results

bengalhockey – 54
    the_sashi – 50.5
    terlina – 49.7
    keephustlincuz – 44
    TnCowboys – 43

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/70538911

• Syzltuth

Made a weird lu with duos from every team. I think there’s at least 2 goals for each team tonight. Stuck on goalie, don’t really like any of the projected ones right now, have holtby in there but idk

• Southie777

Only thing worse than a two-game slate is a two-game slate with a three-hour gap between those two games.

• yisman

ugly night last night

best finish 34th out of 834 in fanduel satellite with my 14 entries. had to try lineup builder since I had no time to build by hand. too much CGY1.

I haven’t played much on fanduel lately. Just filling in entries for tickets. Had like 63 tickets a week ago. Down to 31 now after repeatedly whiffing on the contests. Next up: 4 tickets into the Super Snipe on 3/25.

and bubbled the $25 double up on yahoo. https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4482976/86461009 with 82.8. Picked the right goalies but Seth Jones with a negative. Best value on D didn’t work out.

• Southie777

@yisman said...

ugly night last night

best finish 34th out of 834 in fanduel satellite with my 14 entries. had to try lineup builder since I had no time to build by hand. too much CGY1

and bubbled the $25 double up on yahoo. https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4482976/86461009 with 82.8. Picked the right goalies but Seth Jones with a negative. Best value on D didn’t work out.

Too much CGY1, PHI, CHI, wrong STL lines, Charlie McAvoy. Luckily, one BOS1/MTL3/Price lineup largely saved my bacon. If my D-Men had done anything resembling anything, it could’ve actually turned into a big night. But, alas… Funny thing is I have no problem with the lineup decisions I made, I think they were good calls that just didn’t pan out. So, there’s that…

• OttawaCityMadman

I want to believe in Minn but they have been so bad lately. They beat some top teams, but can’t gain any momentum. Could be a good spot for them tonight…

• yisman

@Southie777 said...

Too much CGY1, PHI, CHI, wrong STL lines, Charlie McAvoy. Luckily, one BOS1/MTL3/Price lineup largely saved my bacon. If my D-Men had done anything resembling anything, it could’ve actually turned into a big night. But, alas… Funny thing is I have no problem with the lineup decisions I made, I think they were good calls that just didn’t pan out. So, there’s that…

I just checked fantasydraft. Played NHL there for the first time in a while. Got zero goals (CGY1, Dubois, Burns, Frolik, Hintz).

hardest thing to understand about last night was CGY1 not hitting the board when the Flames put up 5.

• PhoFever

@yisman said...

I just checked fantasydraft. Played NHL there for the first time in a while. Got zero goals (CGY1, Dubois, Burns, Frolik, Hintz).

hardest thing to understand about last night was CGY1 not hitting the board when the Flames put up 5.

I’ve had a theory which I’ve expressed on the forum recently: top lines on playoff teams “take foot off the pedal” against inferior competition at this point in the season. They let the bottom six shoulder more of the load. This seems to happen a lot against OTT in particular.

I played mostly CGY 2 last night for this reason. I also think that you always have to play Tkachuk when you play CGY because he’s the bridge piece between the two lines.

• rgreuli

@PhoFever said...

I’ve had a theory which I’ve expressed on the forum recently: top lines on playoff teams “take foot off the pedal” against inferior competition at this point in the season. They let the bottom six shoulder more of the load. This seems to happen a lot against OTT in particular.

I played mostly CGY 2 last night for this reason. I also think that you always have to play Tkachuk when you play CGY because he’s the bridge piece between the two lines.

Washington 3

• OttawaCityMadman

@PhoFever said...

Coach resting the studs for the real season. I can read into that. Have you looked at timeon Ice or shift times? Wish I was on StLu 3 last night

• Southie777

This godforsaken slate has “a random Nic Dowd two goal, one assist game breaks the slate” written all over it. Reminds me of playing a small weekday afternoon MLB slate a few years ago where nobody was doing ANYTHING and writing on some chat or something that I couldn’t wait for a Whit Merrifield HR and double to win somebody the slate (before people realized that he was, you know, actually good). And, of course, he ends up donging and I want to say stealing a base and you pretty much needed him to do anything. (And, of course, I had zero shares.) Anyways, this is all to say that this means that we should all run far, far away. But, of course, I’m in like Flynn!

• keephustlincuz

@Southie777 said...

This godforsaken slate has “a random Nic Dowd two goal, one assist game breaks the slate” written all over it. Reminds me of playing a small weekday afternoon MLB slate a few years ago where nobody was doing ANYTHING and writing on some chat or something that I couldn’t wait for a Whit Merrifield HR and double to win somebody the slate (before people realized that he was, you know, actually good). And, of course, he ends up donging and I want to say stealing a base and you pretty much needed him to do anything. (And, of course, I had zero shares.) Anyways, this is all to say that this means that we should all run far, far away. But, of course, I’m in like Flynn!

So just to make sure I get what you are saying….. Donato is tonights merrifield?

• Southie777

@keephustlincuz said...

So just to make sure I get what you are saying….. Donato is tonights merrifield?

Haha, I WAS saying Dowd, but Donato could definitely be a candidate. When he first got traded and started off on a tear, I’d say he would be too popular. But he’s cooled off since then.

• toasty99

Gotta go with Ovi tonight. He’s at 48 goals… if he gets a goal early you know he’s gonna go out and play close to 23 or 24 minutes tonight to try and get to 50 and beyond.

Also going for that random Victor Rask 4th like goal haha.

• rgreuli

Washington three it will be.

• maibockaddict

Haglin out!

• maibockaddict

Hagelin is that

• OttawaCityMadman

SJ called up a Center. Might be an indication LC will sit again

• Syzltuth

Gl guys

• rgreuli

@maibockaddict said...

Hagelin is that

Whew, that was close. Got Hagelin replaced with Burakovsky just in time.

• Southie777

Like my lineups, except for my lack of exposure to Hertl/Kane/Donskoi. Decided to take a stand and go more contrarian/Ducks. That ALWAYS works out. (Gulp.)

• Southie777

GL, all!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).