7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 155 ) at  Washington ( -171 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:08 PM :  Carolina ( -160 ) at  Columbus ( 140 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    7:00 PM :  Buffalo ( 0 ) at  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:08 PM :  Detroit ( 157 ) at  Nashville ( -180 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:08 PM :  Florida ( -130 ) at  Chicago ( 110 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    8:08 PM :  St. Louis ( 110 ) at  Minnesota ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    8:38 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) at  Dallas ( 150 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    9:08 PM :  Vegas ( 135 ) at  Colorado ( -155 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Southie777

Just a quick heads up, for those that think it’s a factor (and I certainly see merit to it), assuming the Bruins game goes on (and I really hope it does), this’ll be the first Bruins game with fans. Really hard game to figure out, two good defensive teams, so I might not be big on it, but just wanted to point it out. We were supposed to be at Tuesday’s game, but obviously that didn’t end up being played. Couldn’t get tonight’s game. But have tickets to Saturday’s and Sunday’s games, if all goes well. Come on, COVID gods!

• cplatt87

@Southie777 said...

Really hard game to figure out, two good defensive teams

I have been hard fading both sides of every Islanders game this year and really haven’t regretted it once. Even the games where the Islanders score 4 or 5 goals it feels like they have 11 guys that each have 1 point. They are just so good defensively and spread their minutes out so much it’s infuriating trying to play them or against them in DFS.

This game is definitely going to be low owned, so probably a good GPP spot, but I personally am going to be staying away.

Hope you get to go this weekend though!

• axman15

Feels like the first big night we’ve had in a while. I’ll be all over TOR1 tonight – should be well rested after not playing since the weekend, and they get Ottawa on a b2b.

• ifthethunder

I’ve discovered a new way to do well in NHL DFS: Just pick a skater who will get you four goals ( Andrew Copp ) and a goalie who will get you the 35 save bonus plus a win ( Connor Hellebuyck or Martin Jones ).

Can’t believe it took me all these years to figure this out.
    ~

• zovyn

35 Satty tickets for tonight’s Crossbar. 1 Fifth of Scotch. Off work at 5PM EST. Drinking and line tweaking to begin shortly after. :P

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

@zovyn said...

35 Satty tickets for tonight’s Crossbar. 1 Fifth of Scotch. Off work at 5PM EST. Drinking and line tweaking to begin shortly after. :P

Good luck today!!! I have 2 tickets but am happy with that. Sticking with 2 lines. Hopefully somebody here can take something down!

Kind of want to keep chasing PHI and might mix in some CHI. We’ll see though. Tough decisions tonight.

• zovyn

@hautalak said...

Good luck today!!! I have 2 tickets but am happy with that. Sticking with 2 lines. Hopefully somebody here can take something down!

Kind of want to keep chasing PHI and might mix in some CHI. We’ll see though. Tough decisions tonight.

Right now I’m planning on 7 core lineups with 5 variations of each (generally swapping out Goalies or One-offs) to try and avoid last month’s disappointing end. So I should have 35 different lineups entered by the time the pucks drop. (That’s around 34 more lineups than I usually make in a night) – I’m just glad there’s no real late-night hammer games because I have to skate in a beer-league game myself at 9:30PM.

Lots of great spots tonight, should be actually fun to make some lineups. PIT1, WSH1, NSH1, FLA2, TB1/TB2, NYR2, TOR2, BOS1…

CAR@CBJ, STL@MIN, and VGK@COL all intrigue me because I’m really not sure which way those gamescripts will roll and that’s where some low-ownership gems might arise. That being said, all 3 games could be low-scoring affairs. Feels tough to predict those matchups on the surface which means people should be avoiding them…

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

@zovyn said...

Feels tough to predict those matchups on the surface which means people should be avoiding them…

Yeah STL/MIN and VGK/COL I can see a lot of outcomes. CAR/CBJ I’ll skip over today as they (CAR) got me what I needed last time I played them.

• maibockaddict

Carter Hart is in goal tonight. Nuff said.

• Southie777

So, I’m doing a thing and taking a bunch of my winnings from the other day and taking WAY more shots at the Super Crossbar than I ever have in any tournament in any sport. If it fails miserably (which I’m counting on), it will go into the dustbin of absolutely awful ideas that I never should have tried and I will calm down and be much more judicious with my winnings. GO TOR2!!!

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I started entering lineups in the Crossbar myself and just kept going until I got tired of it. 25 hand crafted lineups in there. Likely a 40% return coming.

• Southie777

@Zieg30 said...

I started entering lineups in the Crossbar myself and just kept going until I got tired of it. 25 hand crafted lineups in there. Likely a 40% return coming.

Haha, yeah, I’m old school, I hand-enter everything. Not usually a problem, as I don’t usually enter THAT many.

• zovyn

@Southie777 said...

Haha, yeah, I’m old school, I hand-enter everything. Not usually a problem, as I don’t usually enter THAT many.

I’ll be hand-entering tonight’s Xbar lineups but I’m going to need to figure out a different method for the 40 MLB satty tickets I have for 04/01 because that sounds like no fun at all to do manually.

• cplatt87

I don’t even know where to start on this slate. There’s so many good plays and I can’t fit them all.

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Lots of great spots tonight, should be actually fun to make some lineups. PIT1, WSH1, NSH1, FLA2, TB1/TB2, NYR2, TOR2, BOS1…

With Aleksander Barkov out, it looks like both Noel Acciari and Alexander Wennberg got extra minutes last game. For a total of 7,800, I’m cramming both centers into DK to spend up elsewhere (and hoping the Panthers go off).
    ~

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

With Aleksander Barkov out, it looks like both Noel Acciari and Alexander Wennberg got extra minutes last game. For a total of 7,800, I’m cramming both centers into DK to spend up elsewhere (and hoping the Panthers go off).

Wennberg is such a lock for me if he is going to be centering PP1 for them with Hornqvist and Huberdeau on either side of him. Sick.

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@zovyn said...

Wennberg is such a lock for me if he is going to be centering PP1 for them with Hornqvist and Huberdeau on either side of him. Sick.

Wennberg should never be a “lock”, but he is a fine play tonight with Barkov out and playing PP1.

• zovyn

Buffalo HC and others out due to Covid. The GM is going to be the HC tonight behind the bench. That doesn’t usually go well for an away team. In case PIT1 needed to be any chalkier…

• SA16

Agreed on Wennberg.

• Canuckage

Loving the NSH2 tonight in this massive slate. Cheap and against a weak team

• cplatt87

I hate chasing points, especially with “bad” players, but I don’t really want to pay up for Pitt1 tonight and McCann and Aston-Reece are cheap. What’s the worst that could happen?

• harryfox23

@maibockaddict said...

Carter Hart is in goal tonight. Nuff said.

If I am to believe the numerous repetitive commmericals that I get from the NHL package he is a “heart stopper”.

• zovyn

That was a HORRIFYING experience hand-slotting 35 lineups. Never ever ever doing that again. Oof. What a pile of hot garbage. Hope one of my dart-throws pays off.

• cplatt87

Orlov immediatley scoring has to be a good omen for my night.

GL all!

• maibockaddict

Carter hart is da Man!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).