7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 245 ) at  Toronto ( -290 ) —- T: 245
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( -145 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 125 ) —- T: -145
    7:35 PM :  Washington ( -165 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 145 ) —- T: -165
    7:35 PM :  Detroit ( 130 ) at  Montreal ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:35 PM :  Arizona ( 250 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -300 ) —- T: 250
    8:35 PM :  San Jose ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Colorado ( 155 ) at  Vegas ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    10:35 PM :  Calgary ( 170 ) at  Los Angeles ( -200 ) —- T: 170

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gvn2fly1421

Domingue against his former team and he is the biggest favorite of the night…. Hmmm….

• Wingman

Don’t like this slate at all

• PhoFever

It’s a Team USA Next Generation GPP night for me: Matthews, Eichel, Keller and Trocheck.

• keephustlincuz

@Wingman said...

Agree. It would be good for max entry players.

• sizzlebeans

Don’t like the DK contests at all. They’re forcing everyone who would normally play the sniper or 2 man advantage into that wretched Poke Check, and there is no Line Change today either. Only @DraftKings can fuck up a 9 game slate this bad.

• sizzlebeans

Teams fighting for a playoff spot are LAK, FLA, and COL. Team that may need to keep winning to secure the spot they are in or improve are SJS, VGK and TB. Team with a slim chance at the playoffs is CAR. Hard to predict how motivated or how hard the rest of these teams will play. I’m going to be heavy LAK tonight, but likely so will everyone else. Might be a cash game night since the GPPs suck.

• PhoFever

@Wingman said...

Compared to last night’s slate, this one looks like a dream to me.

• BuffaloPat

So what did we learn from last night? Dallas doesn’t want to make the playoffs. Better than a -200 moneyline doesn’t mean anything. And Conor McJesus is worth every penny. Hopefully tonight goes better because NHL DFS variance is giving me a headache.

• PhoFever

@BuffaloPat said...

So what did we learn from last night? Dallas doesn’t want to make the playoffs. Better than a -200 moneyline doesn’t mean anything. And Conor McJesus is worth every penny. Hopefully tonight goes better because NHL DFS variance is giving me a headache.

Last night reinforced the obvious: don’t fade all time great players who are on long point streaks, and don’t go all-in on a team that is on a 7 game losing streak.

• kdub

I think im going all-in on SJ tonight

• Danforth11

Is Faulk out tonight?

• sizzlebeans

@Danforth11 said...

Is Faulk out tonight?

Looks like he might be, based on morning skate, but I haven’t seen anything definitive.

https://twitter.com/corylav/status/978278029867745280

• canuck1995

No Stamkos today. Calgary looks pretty depleted, I believe Monahan and Gaudreau are both out today

• Danforth11

@sizzlebeans said...

Looks like he might be, based on morning skate, but I haven’t seen anything definitive.

https://twitter.com/corylav/status/978278029867745280

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out as lock gets closer. Looks like it could be a GTD.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

Don’t like the DK contests at all. They’re forcing everyone who would normally play the sniper or 2 man advantage into that wretched Poke Check, and there is no Line Change today either. Only @DraftKings can fuck up a 9 game slate this bad.

I much prefer the Poke Check to the Two-Man for the price point, but hate the payout structure.

• yisman

@canuck1995 said...

No Stamkos today. Calgary looks pretty depleted, I believe Monahan and Gaudreau are both out today

Monahan is out for the season. He had been playing through injuries the last few weeks.

Gaudreau is dealing with a “family matter” today. I’m assuming he’ll be back for their next game.

• Rodg1111

Does anyone else think Montreal is in a good spot tonight? You can put pretty much any line with their first line. I really like them tonignt

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

I much prefer the Poke Check to the Two-Man for the price point, but hate the payout structure.

I’m pretty indifferent to price point in the $3-$33 range, I just want a well structured contest for what I put in. That Poke Check is one of the worst I’ve seen this year.4th place is 10% of first, 10th place is only 1% of first. That’s really bad. If you throw out the top 4 prizes and start with 5th place as 1st, that would be a reasonable structure, but that top four is 38% of the pot…and the rake is 15.9% Yikes!

That being said, I am building 1 LU, and will enter it into the Poke Check since all the contests today suck, I’m not playing more than 1 LU in a handful of games today. Will wait to see if DK figures out a better offering for tomorrow.

• Blahaaron

@Rodg1111 said...

Does anyone else think Montreal is in a good spot tonight? You can put pretty much any line with their first line. I really like them tonignt

A very good spot since coreau is in net.

• Blahaaron

How TF is fleury 800 more than Varlamov. Var won the game they jist played against each other. It should be 7600/7700.

• mathewsmarner

kadri and marner should have a big night

along with elias lindholm and jeff skinner

• Rodg1111

@mathewsmarner said...

kadri and marner should have a big night

along with elias lindholm and jeff skinner

Right now I’m struggling with Toronto. I’m not stacking traditionally I have Mathews marner nylander. So you think kadri marner jvr would be better? I know the second one is a pp1 stack and the other has Mathews/nylander on 1/2 with each other. Marner 2/1. I’m struggling with this decision. Your comment kind of tipped me a little though

• TenHi

Colorado hasn’t been very good on the road. Their goals scored at home is 3.7 vs. opponents GAA of 2.4. On the road it flips completely, goals scored 2.7 and GAA is 3.4.

• Rodg1111

I’m also struggling with trocheck or Kopitar. Have Marchessault as a one off. Been on a losing streak for 3 days so Iv lost some confidence until I get it back. Leaning toward trocheck. I just see him having a good game. Plays good against nyi too.

• Rodg1111

“I’ll put it this was, they will be playing Calgary’s farm team tonignt”. – nhl network

Maybe I’m just stupid but quick has to be the easiest choice at goalie all year. It’s a 9 game slate. Everyone’s going to get cute tonight with that many games. Not me. 10% quick…. I wouldn’t be surprised if I look stupid tonight but i don’t care it’s the most smart play tonight in my opinion

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).