7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 110 ) at  Philadelphia ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Florida ( 0 ) at  Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Dallas ( 165 ) at  Montreal ( -185 ) —- T: 165
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( -120 ) at  Minnesota ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    9:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( 105 ) at  Edmonton ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    10:05 PM :  Anaheim ( -185 ) at  Vancouver ( 165 ) —- T: -185
    10:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 105 ) at  San Jose ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:00 PM :  Winnipeg ( 0 ) at  New Jersey ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

Admin Note

We have been working on a new RG Live Chat feature with sport specific channels :) The goal of this is to provide a fun place for users to talk strategy, sweat games, and talk DFS.

Once you join you will be added to each room listed below. You can view or leave a channel by selecting it from the menu on the left of the screen.

This is still very much a beta test so many features and channels are not created yet, but feel free to join and please let us know if you have any feedback, suggestions, or features you would like to see added.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

• Benn91

I was thinking about going with a stack of BOS or TOR. Both teams still in the playoffs race and both playing against a b2b team.

• Whynot138

@Benn91 said...

I was thinking about going with a stack of BOS or TOR. Both teams still in the playoffs race and both playing against a b2b team.

Keep on reading about b2b. there was an analysis done on here a year back or so that analyzed the impacts of b2b on performances. punchline was there was no evidence that b2b had any impact on performance either positive or negative. i’ll see if I can find that from days gone by

• Doornumber03

@Whynot138 said...

Keep on reading about b2b. there was an analysis done on here a year back or so that analyzed the impacts of b2b on performances. punchline was there was no evidence that b2b had any impact on performance either positive or negative. i’ll see if I can find that from days gone by

It’s more a specific team trend you should target. I know Nashville was awful last year on the 2nd half of back to back but haven’t researched it this year.

• mathewsmarner

i read an article that back to back games causes lapses in defense
    early reviews have me on wpg/nyr/wash not considering those on back to backs, if it weren’t the case huberdeau/marchessault/skinner all good

• Benn91

TOR are in a better spot to stack than BOS after my researchs.

• PhoFever

@Whynot138 said...

Thank you! I’ve been paying attention to B2Bs for about 6 weeks or so, and my own personal conclusion from a relatively small sample size is that it’s a bunch of B.S. If there is an effect, it must me an almost negligible one…definitely not noticeable enough to make it a regular and effective DFS strategy.

• Benn91

@Seahawktom said...

Thank you! I’ve been paying attention to B2Bs for about 6 weeks or so, and my own personal conclusion from a relatively small sample size is that it’s a bunch of B.S. If there is an effect, it must me an almost negligible one…definitely not noticeable enough to make it a regular and effective DFS strategy.

Maybe you are right but tonight I am really feeling TOR. They will also want to have revenge from the last meeting against FLA.

TOR will put at least 3 on the board. Still dont know if its gonna be Reimer or Berra. Both are terrible to my eyes anyway.

• Messiah717

@Benn91 said...

Maybe you are right but tonight I am really feeling TOR. They will also want to have revenge from the last meeting against FLA.

TOR will put at least 3 on the board. Still dont know if its gonna be Reimer or Berra. Both are terrible to my eyes anyway.

As with the back to back stuff the revenge stuff is something I also think is complete nonsense.

• Messiah717

@Seahawktom said...

The stats actually support you viewpoint. I’m not sure why this back to back claim is a thing and what bearing people feel like it has on DFS. If you look at the team records in back to back it’s just like anything else in the league. Some teams are very good, some are bad and some are middle of the road. It’s basically the same as what you will find when analyzing home and away records.

• Benn91

@Messiah717 said...

The stats actually support you viewpoint. I’m not sure why this back to back claim is a thing and what bearing people feel like it has on DFS. If you look at the team records in back to back it’s just like anything else in the league. Some teams are very good, some are bad and some are middle of the road. It’s basically the same as what you will find when analyzing home and away records.

You can also look the % of wins for both games on a b2b, you will see that there is more chance to have a 1-1 record then 2-0. So if the team win the first game, there is more chance for them to lose the second.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@Benn91 said...

You can also look the % of wins for both games on a b2b, you will see that there is more chance to have a 1-1 record then 2-0. So if the team win the first game, there is more chance for them to lose the second.

This is so wrong. There are 4 possible outcomes for the 2 B2B games – Win/Win, Win/Lose, Lose/Win, Lose/Lose. Treating each game as a coin flip, each outcome happens 25% of the time. Therefore, yes, a 1-1 record is twice as likely as a 2-0 record (50% of the time vs. 25% of the time). This does NOT mean that a team which won the first game is more likely to lose the 2nd. The first event has already happened and has no bearing on the 2nd event.

• Benn91

These stats are on paper.

• Messiah717

@Benn91 said...

Overall the percentages in back to backs are very close and change depending on factors like home and away, travel and overall days off of the back to back team’s opponent. Even then it’s not like the percentages change all that greatly. Also, in DFS we’re not banking necessarily on wins and loses. Unless we’re talking about goalies the result really isn’t all that important. We want games where goals are going to be scored.

• Whynot138

@Messiah717 said...

Overall the percentages in back to backs are very close and change depending on factors like home and away, travel and overall days off of the back to back team’s opponent. Even then it’s not like the percentages change all that greatly. Also, in DFS we’re not banking necessarily on wins and loses. Unless we’re talking about goalies the result really isn’t all that important. We want games where goals are going to be scored.

this

and I strongly suspect any impact on b2b is the goalie as usually (as we all know) the backup plays on one end or the other.

• PhoFever

Detroit on b2b2b tonight…now THAT might make a difference…

• Whynot138

@Seahawktom said...

Detroit on b2b2b tonight…now THAT might make a difference…

and 4 of 5. not sure ive seen that before

• PhoFever

No one has mentioned ANA tonight…one of the only division leaders playing with a fire inside them of late. Any specific reason people are avoiding them?

• eaglezzz

@Seahawktom said...

No one has mentioned ANA tonight…one of the only division leaders playing with a fire inside them of late. Any specific reason people are avoiding them?

I am on board with Kelser tonight. Cheap on FanDuel and the ice time he is getting is insane (2/11/17 was the last time he got less then 19 minutes). Also has the Vancouver narrative going for him. Not really on any other Ducks though as Getzlaf seems over priced. Rakell would be my next choice.

• keephustlincuz

@Seahawktom said...

Which people are avoiding them?

• mattneverwins

which line does toronto put up against Fla1 tn

• PhoFever

@keephustlincuz said...

Which people are avoiding them?

I like to tour all the sites that recommend DFS picks, and there’s nary a Duck to be found outside of Rakell.

• dyavid

I’ll be rolling out some ANA1 and kes as a one off

• Messiah717

I think you have to give Anaheim another shot tonight. Just to give an idea if you stacked Kesler, Rakell, Getzlaf and Eaves in their last four games on DK they went for a total of 30.5, 7.5, 23 and 15 points combined. Worth taking a chance on at least stacking the first line in a lineup.

• Messiah717

Look at Pageau and Hoffman for Ottawa lately. Putting those two in your lineup can help you arrange some higher end stacks around them. Just an idea don’t kill me if they suck tonight.

• maxeernst

I’ve posted the info on B2Bs previously in these threads. I’ll post some of it again here.

There is an impact and it is most significant when a team is playing a home-ice back-to-back against a rested opponent.

Micah is a hockey analytics savant / mathematician. His conclusions are based on 9 seasons of data.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).