7:08 PM : 51 Montreal ( 135 ) at 52 Columbus ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    7:08 PM : 53 Washington ( 120 ) at 54 Carolina ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    7:08 PM : 55 Detroit ( 125 ) at 56 Buffalo ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:38 PM : 57 Florida ( -140 ) at 58 Ottawa ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    8:08 PM : 59 N.Y. Islanders ( 130 ) at 60 Winnipeg ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    9:08 PM : 61 Dallas ( -115 ) at 62 Edmonton ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    10:08 PM : 63 Los Angeles ( 120 ) at 64 Vancouver ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    10:38 PM : 65 Chicago ( 180 ) at 66 San Jose ( -220 ) —- T: 180

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mr_papageorgio

@sizzlebeans said...

Well my MLB experiment did not go so well. I will avoid it in the future.

MLB and NHL aren’t that different. If you can win here you can win over there.

• sizzlebeans

@mr_papageorgio said...

MLB and NHL aren’t that different. If you can win here you can win over there.

But I actually enjoy watching hockey. Baseball is boring. I’d rather work on my NFL content once NHL is done than spend time learning a new sport.

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I want to try MLB but there are no more contests. I guess the games have started? the prizes for the contests (tmrw) are huge…

• tyman200

NHL Today at 4PM PDT – $5 entry – 24/25 spots filled *** https://deeplink.me/draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/70744900

• tyman200

Can someone please fill the last spot in that winner take all!

• rgreuli

@tyman200 said...

Just entered,

• canuck1995

@tyman200 said...

Went to save the day but somebody beat me to it

• Syzltuth

@canuck1995 said...

Is matheson out tonight?

Edit: It would appear he is a scratch

Have him in my lu :/ was out all evening and never got a chance to confirm lines.

• mr_papageorgio

Where is the Hoffman revenge?

• canuck1995

Need buffalo to stop scoring on all my Det1/Bowey/Howard lineups. Its killing my Det1/Fla1 matchup right now

• canuck1995

Det1 and Fla1 are my two most used lines tonight and every det1 I have has howard in net so that was a really stressful ending

• jjwd

@sizzlebeans said...

But I actually enjoy watching hockey. Baseball is boring. I’d rather work on my NFL content once NHL is done than spend time learning a new sport.

Sizzle: simply stacking the chalk at low stakes can be a profitable and rewarding strategy… provided you are very careful about bankroll. IMO the swings are much worse in MLB than they are in NHL (pardon the pun).

• toasty99

So I’ve been rather iffy on my dfs success in fantasy hockey. However seems like I’ve been hitting on something lately.

Is it just me or are 50/50 tiers at draftkings super easy to win? It seems like the strategy is really simple: line stack anyone playing a bad defensive team, and fill the rest of the lineup with the guys that clearly are better than the others in their tier by a wide margin.

Like last night Pasternak/Bergeron as a stack was a no brainer to me against Rangers yet Pasternak was only owned by 13% in the game I played.

Then tonight I just stacked the only 3 Edmonton forwards (bc Dallas has a bad goalie tonight), and Toews/Kane/Debrincat because they are playing San Jose who has been a horrible defensive team and those moves are working super well too…

Edit: Best part is no goalies means who wins doesn’t matter, just which top tier players score a ton.

• canuck1995

Have Det1 with both CHI1 and Hertl/Nyquist/Kane/Burns playing but Chicago threw their lines into the blender so of course I take debrincat out and leave the Chicago lineup as Kane/Toews/Saad and then Debrincat scores lol. Hopefully Saad can contribute in a big way for me

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

rgreuli we have the same showdown lineup!

• Syzltuth

Bad night overall for me, not going to cash anything I’ve entered between mlb, nba & nhl. Don’t even think my nhl lu is going to hit 10 points, lol. Might not even break 7…

• sizzlebeans

@jjwd said...

Sizzle: simply stacking the chalk at low stakes can be a profitable and rewarding strategy… provided you are very careful about bankroll. IMO the swings are much worse in MLB than they are in NHL (pardon the pun).

IDK maybe I’ll try again tomorrow. We’ll see.

• Syzltuth

Crisis averted, I’m up to 10.80, only need 20+ to reach the cash line now, let’s go!

• Steverino01

First day of MLB has been fun. Just playing one quarter in NBA and NHL until I get that 25K crowns for both. 9 and 6 day left to hit the marks. The NHL playoffs can’t get here soon enough. Don’t give a rats butt about the NBA. 179 more days until hitting the 25K in MLB…lol

• Steverino01

I only played the late 2 games in NHL tonight. The Toews, Kane and DeBrincat picks are doing good. So much for thinking picking Vancouver was a good idea.

• toasty99

@Steverino01 said...

I only played the late 2 games in NHL tonight. The Toews, Kane and DeBrincat picks are doing good. So much for thinking picking Vancouver was a good idea.

Just wait Quick will let in 3 to 4 soft goals in a bit.

He’s the worst starting goalie in the NHL today.

Name one goalie that hasn’t outplayed or matched Quick on the LA Kings.

In the 10 years since Quick has been a starting goalie he’s only been the best goalie statistically on the Kings 5 times. He’s been outplayed by superstars like Martin Jones (one of the worst GAA in NHL this year), Jonathan Beriner, Ben Scrivens, Peter Budaj, Darcy Kupener, Jack Campbell, and the legendary Jonas Enroth.

Also please review videos of own goals, and goals scored from the center ice or farther. Quick appears a ton in videos like that, and not by accident. If there was an award handed out at the end of every season for worst goal let in, Quick would be a finalist almost every year.

Edit: 2 already!

• sizzlebeans

Could really use some help from Horvat/Pearson/Hutton. No one else has those guys in the Glove Save.

• hcassidy

Worst night ever in NHL……period

• yisman

lost a lot tonight

brutal day all around

MLB was horrible and NHL might’ve been even worse

Jones and Ullmark in net…

• canuck1995

If I just left debrincat instead of swapping out for saad once I saw the lines I’d have won $100 more tonight. Just didn’t think having guys on three separate lines was the best bet, appears I was wrong lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).