• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 160 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    7:35 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 100 ) at  Winnipeg ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    8:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Detroit ( 135 ) at  Calgary ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    10:05 PM :  Toronto ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Heterodox

Ward has us in that horrible “do we want more shots against him or don’t we” spot.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

• mathewsmarner

so those on a back to back are all leading

• weaponX

I was promised Blackhawks goals!

• mathewsmarner

faulk and skinner complete waste

• Messiah717

Already looking forward to tomorrow. Tonight was absolute garbage.

• Messiah717

Wheeler salvaged the night.

• sizzlebeans

@internetfamous said...

As a Tampa Bay Lightning fan, i’ll have all the Malkin, he absolutely kills us every time we play them in the regular season.

Good call bro! We need more of this around here. I gave you all Sorenson last night as a sharks fan then this brotha comes in here tonight with this. Kdub gives us Wing tips. Keephustling gives us MTL shit. Love it!

• scottygto

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

On nights where stacks don’t pan out, I start to second-guess strategies in NHL. From each team, how do you find yourself settling on which scoring line or PP stack to go with?

I read different strategies everywhere – some say find the line with at least 2 PP1 forwards as the top line for that team that night… but then, some have its 3rd forward on that line without PP time and I’m lost lol. I can’t decide if to keep him along with that stack or go with another PP forward from the same team or another as a one-off there.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

• mattneverwins

DET/CGY was good to me tonight

• Canuckage

@scottygto said...

On nights where stacks don’t pan out, I start to second-guess strategies in NHL. From each team, how do you find yourself settling on which scoring line or PP stack to go with?

I read different strategies everywhere – some say find the line with at least 2 PP1 forwards as the top line for that team that night… but then, some have its 3rd forward on that line without PP time and I’m lost lol. I can’t decide if to keep him along with that stack or go with another PP forward from the same team or another as a one-off there.

Having PP1 time is huge in hockey IMO. It’s almost a must for me to have top line forwards play PP1 (at least 2) and fade top line players without any PP time which is rare. Most 3rd top line player play on PP2 most of the time. People tend to mix it up with combos like Malkin/Hornqvist/Schultz and fade Hagelin or Sedin/Sedin/Edler and fade Granlund.

• Messiah717

@scottygto said...

As the above mentioned I’ve had better success mixing things up a bit instead of just straight stacking a line. In other words I look at how the players have been performing. If the C and RW for example are red hot and the LW is not doing a thing. I will look at the second line and if there’s a hot player there I might make that my stack for the given team. Or if there’s a Dman that has been hot I might do the two forwards and the Dman. Take this past slate for example involving the Winnipeg Jets. Wheeler, Little and Byfuglien was a great stack. Also, in a GPP it was a good switch because you had to figure most people would be on Laine, Perreault and Scheifele who have been red hot.

• scottygto

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

Thanks for the suggestions. What are your thoughts on Leftwinglock vs. Dailyfaceoff and power play lines? LWL game day power play has Trocheck-Smith-Jokinen line as PP1 but if I look at recent 3/10 games, it seems like it is Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr line. DF has the Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr line as PP1. Wish they were on the same page lol

• scottygto

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

@Messiah717 said...

As the above mentioned I’ve had better success mixing things up a bit instead of just straight stacking a line. In other words I look at how the players have been performing. If the C and RW for example are red hot and the LW is not doing a thing. I will look at the second line and if there’s a hot player there I might make that my stack for the given team. Or if there’s a Dman that has been hot I might do the two forwards and the Dman. Take this past slate for example involving the Winnipeg Jets. Wheeler, Little and Byfuglien was a great stack. Also, in a GPP it was a good switch because you had to figure most people would be on Laine, Perreault and Scheifele who have been red hot.

I always thought about that Messiah – like the best line would be more for cash and the other would be the GPP. Sometimes it is tough getting away from the line which is better but that’s how it goes.

• scottygto

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

@Canuckage said...

Having PP1 time is huge in hockey IMO. It’s almost a must for me to have top line forwards play PP1 (at least 2) and fade top line players without any PP time which is rare. Most 3rd top line player play on PP2 most of the time. People tend to mix it up with combos like Malkin/Hornqvist/Schultz and fade Hagelin or Sedin/Sedin/Edler and fade Granlund.

Thanks for the suggestions. What are your thoughts on Leftwinglock vs. Dailyfaceoff and power play lines? LWL game day power play has Trocheck-Smith-Jokinen line as PP1 but if I look at recent 3/10 games, it seems like it is Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr line. DF has the Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr line as PP1. Wish they were on the same page lol

• Canuckage

@scottygto said...

It’s tough to tell but it is pretty somewhat known Jagr line is top line hence they should receive PP1. Sometimes I check nhl.com/scores to check the ice time on pp or you can click on recent game for LWL to see which unit was on most.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).