7:05 PM :  Toronto ( 110 ) at  Buffalo ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -140 ) at  Carolina ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    7:35 PM :  New Jersey ( 225 ) at  Florida ( -265 ) —- T: 225
    7:35 PM :  Montreal ( 115 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 170 ) at  Minnesota ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    8:35 PM :  Arizona ( 175 ) at  Dallas ( -210 ) —- T: 175
    10:35 PM :  Calgary ( 220 ) at  Los Angeles ( -260 ) —- T: 220
    10:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 220 ) at  San Jose ( -260 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• kmart35

@Doornumber03 said...

FD can’t get their act together lately

I should almost apply for a job. Clearly they could use the help

• bstreich9

@Doornumber03 said...

Yeah i can go along with that as they are usually a go to for me, but man do i think Min1 can do some damage tonight too.

Agreed. Probably make a couple LUs with each line and pair with another line. Maybe TB, FLA?

• orangesky11

I always think OEL is underpriced. One of my favorite players to roster.

• Doornumber03

@bstreich9 said...

Agreed. Probably make a couple LUs with each line and pair with another line. Maybe TB, FLA?

We could have very similar lineups tonight. Exactly what i was on :-). I typically Love Fla2 but without Trochek, might lean to Fl1

• bstreich9

@Doornumber03 said...

We could have very similar lineups tonight. Exactly what i was on :-). I typically Love Fla2 but without Trochek, might lean to Fl1

True. I will throw a line with Bjugstad. I’ve taken him a few times and now maybe paired with better line mates..

• Beachbum2634

@Whynot138 said...

one reason – I tend to win there and lose my shirt on DK

Same here. I don’t know why, but it’s a lot easier for an average player like me to win in Cash games on FD. Especially the 100 player 50/50s. Maybe just too many sharks on DK – even in cash games?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@Aalbanese102089 said...

I really don’t understand why people play on FD anymore? Their NHL product is absolute garbage, they don’t care about it, how do you list a goalie as a D man? Really? It happens all to often over there..

I switched to NHL full time from the nba at the all star break and the issues of player placement is something I’ve yet to see in my 2 full months of daily. This week appears to be an anomaly and not the norm. Maybe there were issues in the past but I’ve not seen it in the last 2 months. And this small stakes guy is up a lot on FD NHL in the last 2 months so I’m happy there.

Now to dive in on tonight’s slate.

Edit: just wanted to add that that doesn’t mean fd couldn’t do a better job daily on positions, pricing, etc. I still feel nhl is neglected despite happy playing there.

• bstreich9

I see Kucherov is a GTD, anybody know more of that situation…?

• 02Warhawk

@bstreich9 said...

I see Kucherov is a GTD, anybody know more of that situation…?

Him and Callahan are both expected to play tonight.

• tristanwolf

minnesota looks too tasty tonight. dubnyk/spurgeon stack with l1 or l3?

• Doornumber03

@tristanwolf said...

minnesota looks too tasty tonight. dubnyk/spurgeon stack with l1 or l3?

both :-)

• kmart35

Do you guys find NHL is the DFSport with the least ‘research’ required. MLB has massive analytics, nba has injury news left and right same with football whereas NHL pretty much just gotta wait until after morning skates check out the lines and pick teams with what you deem are favorable matchups

• wisertime

@yountingly said...

I switched to NHL full time from the nba at the all star break and the issues of player placement is something I’ve yet to see in my 2 full months of daily. This week appears to be an anomaly and not the norm. Maybe there were issues in the past but I’ve not seen it in the last 2 months. And this small stakes guy is up a lot on FD NHL in the last 2 months so I’m happy there.

Now to dive in on tonight’s slate.

Edit: just wanted to add that that doesn’t mean fd couldn’t do a better job daily on positions, pricing, etc. I still feel nhl is neglected despite happy playing there.

I agree. FD hockey isn’t perfect, but it is still good to me. this past week was bumpy, but i think it’s more of an anomaly than a trend. I do think they have done a better job of adjusting player salaries as compared to prior years.

• tristanwolf

@kmart35 said...

Do you guys find NHL is the DFSport with the least ‘research’ required. MLB has massive analytics, nba has injury news left and right same with football whereas NHL pretty much just gotta wait until after morning skates check out the lines and pick teams with what you deem are favorable matchups

definately nba and baseball are a pain, but i don’t think football is that much different than hockey with regards to research. usually the injuries are pretty up front and most future production in nfl is not to far from past. matchup research is still big in both.

• AWoo

@kmart35 said...

Nope. Every sport requires some form of research and analytics in it. Some people know how to react to late news per se, than others (such as GTD players)

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Anyone feeling AZ tonight? Hanzal Domi Duclair line looks like they are clicking

• awilson45

@kmart35 said...

Obviously the key strategy to NHL DFS is stacking lines. Recent “form” is very important as well, but I think NHL DFS is very similar to MLB. MLB requires a bit more analytical analysis in order to be successful, but it is still a total crap shoot just like NHL.

I personally choose my lineups based off of which players are actually “good”; sometimes stats don’t tell the whole story and being able to identify which players are underpriced based off of their skills rather than relying solely on their stats gives the opportunity to “ride-them-out” until their price corrects. Like for example I played Gostisbehere almost every night he played until he hit around 6kish.

• awilson45

@tratow said...

Anyone feeling AZ tonight? Hanzal Domi Duclair line looks like they are clicking

Yeah I’m on Hanzal-Domi-Ekman-Larsson

• deejones49

Feeling Carolina a little

• Whynot138

noticing digiuseppe is listed as D as well. unlikely to play but fyi

anyone see others mislabeled

list I know of is
    wedgewood – g listed as d
    sparks g listed as d
    subban d listed as LW
    digiuseppe W listed as D

none of those will materially impact tonights outcome. any others out there?

• wisertime

@deejones49 said...

Feeling Carolina a little

Eric Staal first game back in Carolina.

• wisertime

Mark Stone of OTT is not playing tonight

• kmart35

What will Flames do as an encore tonight?

• tcoulte

@kmart35 said...

yes totally agree. ive only been doing this for a bit now but it always seems cant find accurate info. Then when you do and get you line ups it it either changes before the game or after the first few shifts on the ice which I understand. But hard to stay on top of it.

• 02Warhawk

@tratow said...

For sure…especially how suspect Dallas is at defense. Should be a high scoring game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).