NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 105 ) at  Buffalo ( -125 ) —- T: 6o-15
    9:05 PM :  Toronto ( 115 ) at  Calgary ( -135 ) —- T: 6½o-30

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results (Afternoon)

gair-z – 31.8
    keephustlincuz – 31.3
    sizzlebeans – 29
    JazzyxJeff – 28
    zekethedane – 25.7

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results (7PM)

nosideFX – 47.6
    the_sashi – 38.6
    OttawacityMadman – 37.3
    rgreuli – 32
    JazzyxJeff – 31

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69872202

• golfman1990

I’m going with CGY. Should be a good game with two of the best teams.

• OttawaCityMadman

Might be a night to play a back up tender ;) A cheap 0 might be ok? Pick a backup that gets a win after the starter gets pulled, man what a play… But i’d hate to see both game go 2-1…I love gambling tho… lol

• sizzlebeans

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Might be a night to play a back up tender ;) A cheap 0 might be ok? Pick a backup that gets a win after the starter gets pulled, man what a play… But i’d hate to see both game go 2-1…I love gambling tho… lol

Just go with Freddy. He’s the cheapest on the slate (DK) and even if he loses, he shouldn’t be too far behind the winning tenders in DK points.

FD has Freddy as the highest priced G tonight. Go figure.

• lwilly

Is it just me or are the DK prices abnormally low today? Elite plays are all sub-7k and there’s some terrific values (Nylander @ 3.3k is a complete gift).

• sizzlebeans

@lwilly said...

Is it just me or are the DK prices abnormally low today? Elite plays are all sub-7k and there’s some terrific values (Nylander @ 3.3k is a complete gift).

I noticed that too, especially with Nylander. I think they had to with 4 teams that have super-expensive top lines.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@lwilly said...

Yep they do that on small slates when normal prices would be too expensive to mix. I could easily fit everything I wanted together and I had room for good Ds.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 – Contest 2

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69877151

• fenway2015

g anderson c mc david f marner sheary d zaitsev dahlin

• Iceman10000

Can we pick centers and all Dmen tonight? 🥾

• golfman1990

So I guess the strategy tonight is stack 1 team heavy, stack 1-2 teams, or pick between all 4. I can’t decide what to do. I think the TOR/CGY game will be high scoring and the other game won’t be as high. What’s everyone else thinking?

• thewinners

Just pick a line up with 1st and 2nd liners and see what happens

• PocketsSloppy

@golfman1990 said...

So I guess the strategy tonight is stack 1 team heavy, stack 1-2 teams, or pick between all 4. I can’t decide what to do. I think the TOR/CGY game will be high scoring and the other game won’t be as high. What’s everyone else thinking?

Take everything you’re thinking about doing and reverse it. If that doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas.

• golfman1990

@PocketsSloppy said...

Take everything you’re thinking about doing and reverse it. If that doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas.

Usually how it goes. Haha

• Felixxberg

@golfman1990 said...

You have to be near perfect on two game slates, especially in large GPPs. Tonight, it’s way too easy to stack decent players together. I don’t think there’s any lock, but Nylander steps out as a nice punt at $3.3K.

I went with three duos for my main lineup, with two in opposing teams and one in the other game, correlated with my goalie.

According to season long average stats (so Nylander isn’t good):

Top 5 value picks: Giordano, Chiasson, Matthews, McDavid, Tavares. I wouldn’t play Chiasson though except if he gets promoted to L1.

Bottom 5 picks: Backlund, Larsson, Johnsson, Kapanen, Rodrigues. Johnsson and Kapanen have way better short term stats than long term, because they now play with Matthews.

• Felixxberg

I have a rare quiet night where I have absolutely nothing to do, and we get that super boring slate. Can we get tomorrow’s contests already?

• PocketsSloppy

The second 20 player DK RG Forum contest needs 4 more players to resize. It is currently at 12/20 and we’ll need 16/20 to at least resize.

• Felixxberg

@PocketsSloppy said...

The second 20 player DK RG Forum contest needs 4 more players to resize. It is currently at 12/20 and we’ll need 16/20 to at least resize.

I had $1 more than a round number in my DK account, so I entered!

• PocketsSloppy

@Felixxberg said...

Way to round it off!

• PocketsSloppy

@golfman1990 said...

Usually how it goes. Haha

The worst one is changing a player in your lineup on gut feelings, only to watch the player you dumped have a multi-point game and the one you replaced him with not show up.

• andrew34232

@PocketsSloppy said...

Gonna lose my $ anyways might as well lose it to you fine gentlemen!

• andrew34232

Is bogosian an absolute terrible play?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Ha, it’s sad how sometimes I determine my play based on round numbers. If I have $X03.00 left in my DK account and there’s a $4 GPP I’m entering, I sometimes won’t enter that last entry. If it’s $X04.00 and I’m entering a $4 GPP, sometimes I’ll enter one more entry than planned!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).