• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Washington ( 120 ) at  Boston ( -140 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -215 ) at  Chicago ( 170 ) —- T: 6o-20
    9:08 PM :  Minnesota ( -140 ) at  Arizona ( 120 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:08 PM :  St. Louis ( -130 ) at  Los Angeles ( 110 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:08 PM :  Anaheim ( 215 ) at  Colorado ( -245 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:38 PM :  Vegas ( -210 ) at  San Jose ( 170 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Southie777

@Steverino01 said...

Yup got to love the hometown announcers. Some are homers and others are big time homers.

Haha, I like to go back and watch this every now and then, this is after the B’s beat the Habs in OT in Game 7, the year they went on their Cup run. Apologies to any Canadians/Brits on here, all in good fun!

• yisman

Colorado went from -254 to -213 after the news broke.

• callmetouch

This is my first time playing NHL tonight and I’m doing the showdown in 30 minutes, anyone have strong advice for a double up without giving out your secrets? My initial thought is a goalie at captain, thanks

• jayzee666

@callmetouch said...

This is my first time playing NHL tonight and I’m doing the showdown in 30 minutes, anyone have strong advice for a double up without giving out your secrets? My initial thought is a goalie at captain, thanks

Don’t play Kane or Tuch or Karlsson as Captains and you will be way ahead of the game!

• marker0357

Dansk in net according to LWL

• callmetouch

@jayzee666 said...

Don’t play Kane or Tuch or Karlsson as Captains and you will be way ahead of the game!

I see what you’re doing. Reverse psychology. No seriously they look like good double up plays thank you

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@callmetouch said...

Goalies are almost always optimal. You almost always need one, but rarely need two. If you’re playing a double up, it might be a good idea to play a lot of Ds as they have good peripherals. You can also play volume shooters such as Pacioretty or Evander Kane.

• Felixxberg

@marker0357 said...

Dansk in net according to LWL

It’s confirmed on twitter too.

Huge edge in SD for those who are in contests that are full already. Of course Dansk could get crushed, but Fleury will probably end up at 20%+, which is an edge in itself.

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

Goalies are almost always optimal. You almost always need one, but rarely need two. If you’re playing a double up, it might be a good idea to play a lot of Ds as they have good peripherals. You can also play volume shooters such as Pacioretty or Evander Kane.

VGK-SJ with Dansk and Jones in net might be a rare exception though. It could get ugly with a lot of goals!

• jayzee666

@callmetouch said...

I see what you’re doing. Reverse psychology. No seriously they look like good double up plays thank you

They are great plays – but not when I play them.. 2 or all 3 of them will bust. You should actually play the opposing Goalie!
    You play them at your own risk now.

• Felixxberg

I hate nights like tonight. I took a stand playing Berg-March without Pasta, which turns out to be the correct move, and then I have Raanta messing everything up with -9.10.

• NextSignal

OK, guess I’m rolling with 30% Dansk. Hope it turns out better than the inevitable piles of dead Fleury lineups.

• ifthethunder

@Felixxberg said...

VGK-SJ with Dansk and Jones in net might be a rare exception though. It could get ugly with a lot of goals!

We’ll see. Right now I am misgruntled. My Colorado and Vegas lineup stacks have been messed with. And Vasilevskiy has given up 3 goals to Chicago in the third.
    ~

• callmetouch

Thanks for the advice, I got Hague,Tuch in my doubles and like no one besides me has them so I know I did something wrong with Marchessault at captain lmao but thank you

• jayzee666

@NextSignal said...

OK, guess I’m rolling with 30% Dansk. Hope it turns out better than the inevitable piles of dead Fleury lineups.

I hope he gets lit up. A big negative number will go nicely with all the snowflakes I am causing.

• Felixxberg

@callmetouch said...

Thanks for the advice, I got Hague,Tuch in my doubles and like no one besides me has them so I know I did something wrong with Marchessault at captain lmao but thank you

SD is highly volatile anyway. It’s very hard to do well constantly with only one lineup.

I would have played a lot of Holden since he ended up playing on top pair with Pietrangelo today. I assume he was minimum price.

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

I hate nights like tonight. I took a stand playing Berg-March without Pasta, which turns out to be the correct move, and then I have Raanta messing everything up with -9.10.

Another tilt. I had Carter-Athanasiou but moved off when I replaced MacKinnon by Kadri.

• tristanwolf

bhawks lightning ot is nuts!

• ifthethunder

@callmetouch said...

You shouldn’t take jayzee too seriously. This is his shtick…everyone he picks ends up with a snowflake ❄️.
    ~

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

SD is highly volatile anyway. It’s very hard to do well constantly with only one lineup.

I would have played a lot of Holden since he ended up playing on top pair with Pietrangelo today. I assume he was minimum price.

yes, minimum price

he was a healthy scratch a few games ago

I need Anaheim to somehow beat Colorado…

• jayzee666

@ifthethunder said...

You shouldn’t take jayzee too seriously. This is his shtick…everyone he picks ends up with a snowflake ❄️.
    ~

You actually should take me seriously. If I list my plays in all sports I play and people actually didn’t play them, Ppl would have a lot less busts in their LUs. I unfortunately kid you not.
    I have 2 goals over the span of all the games played tonight and I didn’t play obscure players. This is a good night for me.

• cplatt87

Figures that the night i put 0 thought into my lineup it smashes. DFS is weird!

• jayzee666

@callmetouch said...

Hopefully my Schtick helped you avoid the busts.
    This is what I am good at.

• yisman

nightmarish night

needed either Ducks or Sharks to win and both lose in OT. Very costly.

• ifthethunder

Max Pacioretty saved my ticket. 133 points was 958 / 17,647, in spite of ❄️ Oscar Dansk.

(Also known as $20 back for a $10 ticket, but I’ve done worse.)
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).