• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : 1 Tampa Bay ( -125 ) at 2 Philadelphia ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:35 PM : 3 Buffalo ( 105 ) at 4 Toronto ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:35 PM : 5 Boston ( 0 ) at 6 Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM : 7 San Jose ( -165 ) at 8 Calgary ( 145 ) —- T: -165
    9:05 PM : 9 Arizona ( 135 ) at 10 Colorado ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    10:05 PM : 11 Washington ( 100 ) at 12 Anaheim ( -130 ) —- T: 100
    10:35 PM : 13 Vancouver ( 230 ) at 14 Los Angeles ( -270 ) —- T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• maxeernst

@kmart35 said...

and comeau on the first ew. I have Boedker/Mac not sure how much value they lose

They lose a lot I think. Landeskog has been their best player last 5 games or so.

Classic Patrick Roy.

Let’s not forget that DeBoer has changed the lines in SJS as well.

And the LAK lines are a mess too.

Some of the worst morning skate news in a long time honestly. Any lineups made before 1pm EST are basically useless.

• kmart35

@maxeernst said...

They lose a lot I think. Landeskog has been their best player last 5 games or so.

True.. I feel like their value tonight comes mostly from the fact that Arizona is awful on the road and Domingue sucks

• Doornumber03

@kmart35 said...

and comeau on the first ew. I have Boedker/Mac not sure how much value they lose

that sucks….was definitely on Landy in cash. — Might rethink that one now.

• kirby34

Which line will Giroux shadow tonight? The triplet line has been on fire recently and Stamkos’s line has cooled off a little bit.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Landy on the 2nd PP unit still.. I may end up leaving him in even playing on the third line.. Ugh, I was so happy with that line too

• B_Edelman

@tratow said...

Vasilevskiy looks like a good option in net for TB.. Am I missing something?

Vegas has it as a 50-50 win, 5 O/U, PHI takes about 30.5SH/G and TB allows 28.7 SH/G. So you probably have around 29.5SH. I’d project him out at 2.5GA, 27SV, 0.5W, 0.1SO = 4.6 Pts. However, if he doesn’t get the win, which is a big if, then he has downside to 2pts and upside to 8 if he gets a 1 GA win. I think there’s better options with his 8.2K price on FD.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@B_Edelman said...

Vegas has it as a 50-50 win, 5 O/U, PHI takes about 30.5SH/G and TB allows 28.7 SH/G. So you probably have around 29.5SH. I’d project him out at 2.5GA, 27SV, 0.5W, 0.1SO = 4.6 Pts. However, if he doesn’t get the win, which is a big if, then he has downside to 2pts and upside to 8 if he gets a 1 GA win. I think there’s better options with his 8.2K price on FD.

I am playing on DK, hes 8k lol but I had Gibson in before him and I was more worried about that.. Gibson will see shots but not sure how many he will let in. I really like/appreciate your breakdown! Thank you!

• B_Edelman

@tratow said...

I am playing on DK, hes 8k lol but I had Gibson in before him and I was more worried about that

I think you’re taking an unnecessary risk with Gibson. I think on DK you’re better off following the chalk cash play on Quick, going with a GPP play with Jones or Varlamov, the wife beater. I would suggest Sparks as a cheapie, but his price on DK isn’t very good.

• chihawk86

Pickard has started the last 2 games and was lights out against Florida. Now Roy puts in Varlamov vs. a ‘weak’ team in the Coyotes. Varlamov got yanked in his last start vs Minnesota and is 0-1-1 with a 2.43 GAA and .909 SV% in two starts against the Coyotes this season. Jones hasn’t been much better vs the Flames this season and Calgary is at home. I’d worry less with Gibson vs the Caps.

• beckyjets68

No NHL Grind Down today?

• zork212

@maxeernst said...

Classic Patrick Roy.

Let’s not forget that DeBoer has changed the lines in SJS as well.

And the LAK lines are a mess too.

Some of the worst morning skate news in a long time honestly. Any lineups made before 1pm EST are basically useless.

also nothing worse to have the coach realize they muffed it up, their experiment was a detriment to the game and after 3 shifts change it back.

• kdub

Lak lines are horrid…

• jonsousa46

God, I hate Patrick Roy. I have no idea how that man still has an NHL coaching gig.

• kdub

Guess im rollin out comaeu

• ShowMeYourHITS

I’m sticking with Landeskog. I have no reason not too. This game should be high scoring, and he’s still playing with MacKinnon and Boedker on PP2, and if I go against what I’ve been on, then he’s going to go off. If he doesn’t, then I’ll eat some humble pie.

Definitely liking Gibson against a “struggling” Washington and Holtby. Getting weird tonight….

• Doornumber03

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

I’m sticking with Landeskog. I have no reason not too. This game should be high scoring, and he’s still playing with MacKinnon and Boedker on PP2, and if I go against what I’ve been on, then he’s going to go off. If he doesn’t, then I’ll eat some humble pie.

Definitely liking Gibson against a “struggling” Washington and Holtby. Getting weird tonight….

i’m still torn on this…..I was on him but then started looking a bit more after the lines came out. I had him Util but thinking to switch it up and put in Mackinnon… Still getting a piece of COL1 and giving me a pretty good floor….If it was GPP not sure i’d go that route but think i’m leaning that way tonight.

i did end up going going with Sparks for G…..I know it wasn’t much but line i have, needed every penny.

• gbiancone

@kdub said...

Lak lines are horrid…

What is causing concern over LA skaters tonight? Who is playing on the top line?

• Fsudrew17

I have 3 Toronto players in my cash LU: Gardiner, Sparks, and soshnikov. Never thought I’d see the day

• kdub

@gbiancone said...

What is causing concern over LA skaters tonight? Who is playing on the top line?

Lucic,kope,brown but 2 and 3 suck since they split up carter and toffoli, i still dont like lak1 so i think im stacking pp1

• ShowMeYourHITS

@Doornumber03 said...

i’m still torn on this…..I was on him but then started looking a bit more after the lines came out. I had him Util but thinking to switch it up and put in Mackinnon… Still getting a piece of COL1 and giving me a pretty good floor….If it was GPP not sure i’d go that route but think i’m leaning that way tonight.

i did end up going going with Sparks for G…..I know it wasn’t much but line i have, needed every penny.

I don’t mind Sparks. I had him until my gut told me Gibson.

I like your COL 1 exposure

• garybmw

Coming out of retirement for 1 night. Gramma gave me my $50 allowance early. Let it Riiiiiide on Toronto tonight. GO LEAFS!

• ShowMeYourHITS

@garybmw said...

Coming out of retirement for 1 night. Gramma gave me my $50 allowance early. Let it Riiiiiide on Toronto tonight. GO LEAFS!

GARY! Your grandma is a saint

• garybmw

she doesn’t condone gambling so I told her it’s a “skill game”

• epot

sparks, soshnicough, highlander, some LA muscle with a touch of johnny chalky =

• garybmw

How ya been Tits? winning ?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).