7:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) at  Buffalo ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 0 ) at  Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Detroit ( 0 ) at  Columbus ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Dallas ( -125 ) at  Montreal ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( -150 ) at  Winnipeg ( 130 ) —- T: -150
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( 0 ) at  Edmonton ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• kdub

@bigmike14 said...

Who do you guys like as the two best D-men over 7k? i have a LU with the salary to pay up at D, just don’t know who i should go with. I was originally thinking letang and byfuglien, but know i am thinking byfuglien and burns. Thoughts?

Shea Weber Josi”:/players/roman-josi-14362 not both over 7k but I really like the both of them vs WPG

• ShowMeYourHITS

@leafsno4 said...

Nice…me too. (Chili)

All sorts of Rochester love in here today!

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

What do you all think of this Koekkoek fella who plays D for TB? Can’t quite pin down what line he is playing on as he was just called up and it looks like yesterday was his first game in a while but at 2.6k he had 2 sog, 2 bs and an assist. Looks like he is getting some decent playing time and I’m thinking he may get more tonight after that performance. Any insight would be very much so appreciated!

Helped me to fit in Burns :)

Edit: Ugh and then theres G today.. Not sure where to go, Like Talbot as he has been playing really well, gets SJ on b2b but playing him and Burns seems wrong. Looking at Ward with Ott hurting right now and no Turris..

• bigmike14

@kdub said...

Shea Weber Josi”:/players/roman-josi-14362 not both over 7k but I really like the both of them vs WPG

i have another lineup with both of them already.

• kmart35

@tratow said...

Any insight would be very much so appreciated!

I used to play with him solid fella… Always had a rocket (though I’ve only faced a couple of future NHL players). I can see him eventually being QB on the PP and being a Tyson Barrie type defenseman great skater good puck mover solid shot didn’t watch last game so not sure how he’s fitting into their system right now though

• ShowMeYourHITS

@tratow said...

Ugh and then theres G today.. Not sure where to go, Like Talbot as he has been playing really well, gets SJ on b2b but playing him and Burns seems wrong. Looking at Ward with Ott hurting right now and no Turris..

I like Lehtonen for tonight, although if Niemi get the nod, I’ll stay away from him and have to regroup.

• Thisisray

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

All sorts of Rochester love in here today!

Don’t post here much, but always check in to see whats going on. Thought I’d join in since I’m from Webster. Go Amerks!

• tratow

@kmart35 said...

I used to play with him solid fella… Always had a rocket (though I’ve only faced a couple of future NHL players). I can see him eventually being QB on the PP and being a Tyson Barrie type defenseman great skater good puck mover solid shot didn’t watch last game so not sure how he’s fitting into their system right now though

Thanks for the solid insight kmart! I have him locked in and hoping he gets some more ice time for the second b2b game!!

• ShowMeYourHITS

@Thisisray said...

Webster.

I live in Wesbter!

Having a hard time deciding which Center to use Here are my choices that fit into salary:
    Jordan Staal
    Leon Draisaitl
    Valtteri Filppula
    Ryan Strome / Brock Nelson
    Sam Reinhart

• larin1477

• Blogger of the Month

@bigmike14 said...

Who do you guys like as the two best D-men over 7k? i have a LU with the salary to pay up at D, just don’t know who i should go with. I was originally thinking letang and byfuglien, but know i am thinking byfuglien and burns. Thoughts?

Burns easily, then Subban, Webber/Josi. Byf and Letang’s MU’s are tough IMO…biggest issue today is there are so many mid-low priced D that are in good spots.

• kdub

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

I live in Wesbter!

Having a hard time deciding which Center to use Here are my choices that fit into salary:
    Jordan Staal
    Leon Draisaitl
    Valtteri Filppula
    Ryan Stome / Brock Nelson
    Sam Reinhart

I personally like Draisaitl or Reinhart, I think SJ is gonna have tired legs and im guessing Reimer is going to get the start and idk if hes found his groove in SJ yet. As far as Reinhart, hes just been pretty hot recently and cant trust Raanta

• kmart35

@bigmike14 said...

Weber is a must play imo tn. Winnipeg second in the league in minor penalties 25th in pk %

• tratow

@kdub said...

I personally like Draisaitl or Reinhart, I think SJ is gonna have tired legs and im guessing Reimer is going to get the start and idk if hes found his groove in SJ yet. As far as Reinhart, hes just been pretty hot recently and cant trust Raanta

Do you have places you can upgrade? I know I’m gonna catch crap but I have Rib, as part of a Nsh stack, and am happy with his mu tonight.

I think Reinhart is in a good spot as mentioned by kmart, Raanta is not someone I fear.

Jordan Staal is very intriguing, but he seems to have cooled off a bit lately.

Like Flippula’s mu as well, don’t like that he is on third line nor pp1 necessarily, think line 2 and pp2 are where its at for TB.

I don’t think the reason to take Draisaitl would be becuase SJ is on tired legs, they didn’t travel very far and need to win this game to keep Nsh down.

Edit: Quoted wrong, lol Sometimes fat finger syndrome prevails.

• B_Edelman

I think your goalie plays tonight on FD are: Reimer (chalk/cash), Rinne (GPP), Ward (GPP/Cash), Bishop (GPP.) I think you spend down in cash tonight with Reimer or Ward, and then pick one of the 4 wherever the price fits in for GPPs.

• JayDee11

Gates-Chili grad here…have since moved from the Roc, but loving that this has turned into a Rochester forum today!

Surprised no mention of Raanta yet on here. Sabres on second half of b2b with travel yesterday…Rangers should get the win on the road. Sabres struggled with Toronto last night.

• Doornumber03

Cash — Do you trust stempniak tonight? He has been on fire lately, playing on top line, and even got some PP time ….4400 but he’s up against TB.

Also —Seguin or Crosby —- Already have speeza in for cash.

• ericgeo18

Was I seeing things, or was the line for Columbus earlier today -150 or so (2.97 goals) and now they are underdogs at +100 with only 2.55 goals? Because I made my lineups earlier based on the former and now I don’t know what to think.

• tratow

@Doornumber03 said...

Cash — Do you trust stempniak tonight? He has been on fire lately, playing on top line, and even got some PP time ….4400 but he’s up against TB.

Also —Seguin or Crosby —- Already have speeza in for cash.

Was looking at Bos1 earlier this morning as well.. Will prolly put them in a lu but Bishop hasn’t been a slouch lately and held this team in check last meeting.. Though lines have mixed up a bit but as I said, I will prolly have them in one of my lu’s but not a staple I don’t think.

I would prolly take Seguin over Crosby..

• ShowMeYourHITS

@Doornumber03 said...

Crosby

91 points in 51 games against NY Islanders…. just saying….

• choppadown

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

I live in Wesbter!

Jordan Staal
    Leon Draisaitl
    Valtteri Filppula
    Ryan Strome / Brock Nelson
    Sam Reinhart

How much salary do you have left?

• keephustlincuz

Is eaves playing on the top Dallas line tonight?

• Doornumber03

@tratow said...

Was looking at Bos1 earlier this morning as well.. Will prolly put them in a lu but Bishop hasn’t been a slouch lately and held this team in check last meeting.. Though lines have mixed up a bit but as I said, I will prolly have them in one of my lu’s but not a staple I don’t think.

I would prolly take Seguin over Crosby..

I really like Bos1 tonight. I’m expecting it to be a shootout. I know TB plays good D, but Boston is starting to fire on all cylinders…..D still sucks so shootout def a possible. I think i’m targeting Bos1 and NSH tonight and then Pit/Dal

• Doornumber03

@ShowMeYourHITS said...

91 points in 51 games against NY Islanders…. just saying….

yeah was leaning there too……Crosby definitely has potential for a great night. I already have speeza in so i still have a piece of that line.

• ShowMeYourHITS

@choppadown said...

How much salary do you have left?

I ended up making some changes and pivoted with Crosby, and ended up with him, Spezza and Fisher

• Bam79

@ericgeo18 said...

Was I seeing things, or was the line for Columbus earlier today -150 or so (2.97 goals) and now they are underdogs at +100 with only 2.55 goals? Because I made my lineups earlier based on the former and now I don’t know what to think.

It is a big change..

I’m guessing because Datsyuk is expected back now, and Saad is out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).