• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:08 PM : 41 Vegas ( -120 ) at 42 Minnesota ( 100 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    9:08 PM : 43 Ottawa ( 195 ) at 44 Edmonton ( -245 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    9:08 PM : 45 Arizona ( 165 ) at 46 Colorado ( -185 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:08 PM : 47 Montreal ( -150 ) at 48 Vancouver ( 130 ) —- T: 6o-25
    10:08 PM : 49 Los Angeles ( -115 ) at 50 Anaheim ( -105 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    9:08 PM : 79 St. Louis ( -160 ) at 80 San Jose ( 140 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Dumb Bruins gave away our 500 crown bonus.
    ~

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Two more days of gloriously large NHL contests (many with simply absurd payout structures, though). Relish it while you can.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Two more days of gloriously large NHL contests (many with simply absurd payout structures, though). Relish it while you can.

25% to 1st in a 23.5K man contest, 32% to 1st in a 775 man contest, 25% to 1st in a 1.1K man contest, 20% to 1st in a 7.4K man contest, 33% to 1st in the SE 166 man contest.

Tomorrow’s $360 will probably be 33% to 1st, maybe even more.

DK is just forcing me to quit at this point. I just hope I can take home $100K tomorrow before that happens.

• Mccurds13

Won a ticket for the 100$ SE last night so stepping in to it with the sharks tonight.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Mccurds13 said...

Won a ticket for the 100$ SE last night so stepping in to it with the sharks tonight.

Nice work! I picked up one too. I’m gonna keep trying but know it’s unlikely. Definitely excited for the contest.

We got a left coast night. I think I like me some Kings…

• mr_papageorgio

I’m already looking forward to stacking EDM and watching Matt Murray post a 47 save shutout.

• Felixxberg

Tomorrow’s salaries are out already! Contests aren’t, though, so you have to “Create a lineup” to see them.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Zieg30 said...

Have the bigger contests been filling?

I’m just curious, because NBA has been so much more unpredictable this year with late scratches, unpredictable rotations, and harder to predict results, I know there’s been significant burn out in the NBA thread. Even here, you guys usually get flooded with questions from NBA guys about how to play NHL, because they need their all-star break DFS fix and that doesn’t seem to be happening this year.

• zovyn

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve seen the massive influx of NBA DFS players that we usually get this week.

On another NBA note, I’m REALLY irritated that the 20 satty tickets I’ve scored over the past month for the 03/10 NBA Comeback slate are for a really dumb 2-game slate Wednesday night. The thought of putting together 20 different NBA lineups for a 2-game slate makes my sphincter clench. What a waste.

• zovyn

(F/D) Oh… and on a NHL note… EDM1 and LAK2 for the $$$ tonight. EDM1 is chalk I think I’m just going to have to eat. Liking MTL2 also. Tuch @ $5k will never leave my lineup – his salary just never seems to increase beyond value considering all he does is make shit happen almost every night. I’ll likely load up Kadri again if MacKinnon is still out. Honorable mention to SJS1.

Goalie selection is where I’m struggling, as usual. Jones and Quick look like risky but reasonable plays in the bargain bin. If Koskinen can keep up his recent ‘every-other-game-I-look-like-a-goalie’ routine that’d be good… It’s really hard not to just lock in Fleury who has looked very impressive behind a hard-working VGK squad – is the “The Wild are actually really good” narrative finally over?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Pandamonious said...

Have the bigger contests been filling?

I’m just curious, because NBA has been so much more unpredictable this year with late scratches, unpredictable rotations, and harder to predict results, I know there’s been significant burn out in the NBA thread. Even here, you guys usually get flooded with questions from NBA guys about how to play NHL, because they need their all-star break DFS fix and that doesn’t seem to be happening this year.

Yeah, the mass arrival of NBA forum-goers just didn’t happen this season. I wondered about that, but I guess more folks just used this as a legit break this year.

I haven’t seen much overlay around. I think most of the larger big contests have filled, and the regular $10 maybe is still open closer to lock than normal, but I think it fills, or gets close enough that it doesn’t matter.

• hautalak

• x2

Maybe the NBA guys know COVID hockey sucks… I only say this because I’m so sick of the same teams playing each other ad nauseum!!! All I hear is how great it is to watch the Canadian division but get out of here with that stuff!!! So what you have Matthews and McDavid but are still stuck watching the Sens, Canucks, and Canadiens (not a bad team but in disarray right now) every night. Sure we have the Wings, Preds, Jackets, and Sabres but we also aren’t trying to “hype up” every game.

Kind of hate how the league is split this year. And for as how much hockey as is being played I’m able to watch very little (NBCSN, occasional FS Midwest Blues games, and every once in a while CHI). Just had to get a little rant about 2021 NHL season!

• zovyn

@hautalak said...

Maybe the NBA guys know COVID hockey sucks…

It’s WAAAAAY better than Covid-NBA, I promise. I’m curious to see how Covid-MLB turns out starting in a few weeks. I’ve got 33 tickets (and counting) to the MLB opener slate on F/D. Looks like a really big slate, too. I’ll need to take that day off work.

• hautalak

• x2

@zovyn said...

It’s WAAAAAY better than Covid-NBA, I promise. I’m curious to see how Covid-MLB turns out starting in a few weeks. I’ve got 33 tickets (and counting) to the MLB opener slate on F/D. Looks like a really big slate, too. I’ll need to take that day off work.

Agreed!

I’m more just complaining about the NHL schedule. I only play NBA for achievement requirements and MLB should be about the same as last year sans a NL DH. Looking forward to MLB!

• mr_papageorgio

Man, I wanted to fade EDM but I don’t think I can with McDavid and Drai on the same line. That combo is deadly.

• Felixxberg

@Pandamonious said...

I know there’s been significant burn out in the NBA thread

In the NHL one too for sure. I’m part of it.

I looked at bkreider’s 4 lineups in the top 10 of yesterday’s Twine:

2nd place: PIT1 but replace Crosby by Malkin, DAL1 with Heiskanen, Subban and Wedgewood. I’m okay with that one.

5th place: DAL1 with Heiskanen, Aho and Teravainen with Hamilton (Teravainen was scratched and didn’t play, and even had a DTD tag), Subban (in the UTIL spot) and Wedgewood. So, not only did he play 3 Ds, but he also played an early guy in the UTIL spot, and he paid $5.1K for a guy who didn’t play. That lineup was 5 points behind 1st place. He puts Foegele or McGinn in there (which were Aho’s linemates) and he wins $19K more.

6th place: DAL1 with Heiskanen, Ovechkin and Oshie with Carlson, Subban and Wedgewood, and last but not least, Roope Hintz (who was scratched). That lineup was 8.9 points behind the lead.

10th place: DAL1 with Heiskanen, Crosby and Rust with Letang (no Guentzel for whatever reason), Wedgewood and a Miles Wood one-off in the UTIL spot. Once again, an early guy in the UTIL spot.

He had Evan Rodrigues in his 12th place lineup, Faksa in a T40th place lineup and Martinook in another T40th place lineup.

That guy doesn’t give a single damn and beats us anyway. It’s just frustrating. I understand not being able to verify everything when there are multiple sports starting at the same time, but there’s nothing else right now and he still doesn’t verify. He spit on $19K like it’s nothing, while most of us tried to get every small edge we could get by opening multiple tabs and verifying lines before lock, and he crushed us anyway.

I shouldn’t complain about that, because on the long run, it’s better for us if he enters 150 lineups with scratched players. It’s just mad frustrating when he cleans for no reason. It adds to the frustration I already have from DK running nonsense contests paying 33% to 1st and their new scoring making zero sense. How can a line that has a guy with one goal and two guys with one assist be the line of the night (DAL1)? It just doesn’t make any sense.

Rant over.

• SA16

The reason he doesn’t verify is cause he’s bad which is probably why he quit playing cash games this year

• mr_papageorgio

@SA16 said...

The reason he doesn’t verify is cause he’s bad which is probably why he quit playing cash games this year

I wish I was as bad as Bkrieder. Dude is at the top every single night it seems.

• zovyn

@mr_papageorgio said...

I wish I was as bad as Bkrieder. Dude is at the top every single night it seems.

My lu finishes ahead of The Time Traveler lus frequently. It just never places nearly as high as his do when I don’t have a good lu. I couldn’t imagine having the kind of bankroll, life, and job that would enable me to be like him or any of the other top-level DFS pros.

EDIT: Just ftr, I’m agreeing that bkreider is much better at this than me.

• SA16

@mr_papageorgio said...

Enter 150 lineups a night in nhl gpps which aren’t large compared to other sports that’s going to happen a lot.

Hear this all the time on here with him, Testosterown and such. They’re both terrible but you see their name a lot because when you enter 150/8000 or whatever nhl usually is that’s going to happen often.

• Felixxberg

@SA16 said...

Enter 150 lineups a night in nhl gpps which aren’t large compared to other sports that’s going to happen a lot.

Hear this all the time on here with him, Testosterown and such. They’re both terrible but you see their name a lot because when you enter 150/8000 or whatever nhl usually is that’s going to happen often.

I don’t always agree with you, but I think you’re right. I wouldn’t go as far as to say they’re terrible, but I think most of them are just burning what they won in previous years (which is exactly what I’m doing). When 33% of the prize pool goes to one person, it means every max enterer lost money except for the one who got 1st place. We often see random users getting that 1st place, which means max enterers must lose a shitton every night. I loved mass entering GPPs, but it’s just ridiculous now.

• ifthethunder

@mr_papageorgio said...

Man, I wanted to fade EDM but I don’t think I can with McDavid and Drai on the same line. That combo is deadly.

Max Pacioretty has been delivering for me to the extent that I want him in my lineup whenever he’s going to play. Now to see if I can get all 3 in a lineup that isn’t 6/9ths trash.
    ~

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I met Bkrieder last year and he’s actually really nice. Lots of big wins, quiet, slightly heavy build, smoking hot gf. There, now you can put a face to the man haha!

- NHL dfs has been extremely frustrating lately. Winning the 10$ consists of 1 off players throughout the entire lineup. I think I have a better chance winning it just picking players that I think are going to have big nights and not thinking any harder than that (sounds simple… maybe I should do that). But thinking out a lineup and entering it in the main 10$ is generally a min cash at best. Probably better just taking the 2 biggest underdogs on the slate and stacking them for the entire season, might actually bink 1/200times (sounds simple… maybe I should do that). But for now I’ll just single entry the higher dollar smaller field stuff, for this week anyways. Was going to take a break for a bit but it doesn’t feel like now is the time (biggest gpp’s in the history of NHL DFS), maybe next week lol.

Today’s slate: Cant see myself shying away from OIL. I will try and be different elsewhere in my lineup so I don’t get eaten alive. Leverage Opportunity: OTT, I even think game stack would be a great build.

Good luck out there, can someone I know (virtually) win something big in the next few days so I can at least justify what I’m still doing playing? Thx.

• jjwd

@SA16 said...

No offense but this is totally nuts, and not supported by math or data. If you want a better gage of what’s happening, look at the 333. “Terrible” players aren’t max entering that contest every night.

• axman15

Tarasenk @ 4200? Yes please. Won’t be long til he’s close to 7k, and he got 16 minutes in his first game back.

Curious to see what Colorado does with their lines, there might be some good value there. LWL has Nichuskin on COL1 right now, not sure how accurate that is though because they have Rantenen at C and I’m not sure he’s ever played there.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).