NHL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM : Detroit ( 0 ) at  Columbus ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:30 PM : Calgary ( 0 ) at  Ottawa ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:30 PM : Anaheim ( 0 ) at  Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:00 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at Vancouver ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I miss yesterday’s slate size, but not yesterday’s results!

Looks like Columbus, Calgary, and Minnesota will be pretty chalky. The question for Columbus is what line. Gotta be heavy on L1, but is the next best line the one that did well yesterday (Vanek, etc.) or the Bjorkstad line?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Zieg30 said...

RG Tiered Ranking RG Tiered Ranking I miss yesterday’s slate size, but not yesterday’s results!

+1 on that! Not sure where I want to go today. Obvious answer is the Wings for me after nothing last night.

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

I miss yesterday’s slate size, but not yesterday’s results!

Looks like Columbus, Calgary, and Minnesota will be pretty chalky. The question for Columbus is what line. Gotta be heavy on L1, but is the next best line the one that did well yesterday (Vanek, etc.) or the Bjorkstad line?

I had CBJ2 yesterday at like 1.2% ownership, so I was thrilled….until I realized I had paired them with TB1, who continued to stink. ARG!

• TheTruthIsALie

Yahoo players interested in leagues should check this out: NHL $20 8-Team 5-Round League (https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/league/4279/overview)

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I have been losing lately and I don’t even know why, which is frustrating! Always good combos but it seems that it’s never enough. Tonight’s $5 contest’s prize structure is awful! $10k to 1st but only $150 to 8th… I prefer the $27 one!

• kdub

@Felixxberg said...

I have been losing lately and I don’t even know why, which is frustrating! Always good combos but it seems that it’s never enough. Tonight’s $5 contest’s prize structure is awful! $10k to 1st but only $150 to 8th… I prefer the $27 one!

I have hit on 1 stack but not the other countless times the last few weeks, a few days ago I finally hit on both and rebuilt my BR, but boy has it been frustrating

• scsa1998

What is going on with DK contests lately. I really hate facing people with 150 teams every night

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Definitely awful, but I prefer having more lineups than entering the $27 would permit me to have, so I’m entering about 30 lineups in the $5.

I’ve been on a terrible run myself lately.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Tonight’s $5 contest’s prize structure is awful! $10k to 1st but only $150 to 8th

I saw that last night and crossed that one off. Absolute shitshow. 37% of the prizes go to the top 5.

The little $3 Enforcer at 3 max looks about right as far as prize structure goes, so that’s where I’ll be tonight. Short slates I usually tend to stay in the 20 or less entry range, and since there’s no Sniper tonight…

• JeffG1414

So I took down the $5K $20 single entry Sunday night and since I have not even been close to cashing. I’m not a very good player but usually min cash most nights or every other day so has this cold streak happened to anyone else after winning one?

• Rodg1111

Did y’all see my post late last night about testosterown cicima a brist? I don’t know if what I was saying is old news to y’all (this is my first nhl season) but I thought the similarities between their lineups was very interesting. Also noticed they have been on a bad losing streak the past few weeks. I don’t know how their bankroll survives because the volume and $ amount of some of there entries is staggering

• Felixxberg

@Rodg1111 said...

Did y’all see my post late last night about testosterown cicima a brist? I don’t know if what I was saying is old news to y’all (this is my first nhl season) but I thought the similarities between their lineups was very interesting. Also noticed they have been on a bad losing streak the past few weeks. I don’t know how their bankroll survives because the volume and $ amount of some of there entries is staggering

Testo was there last season and had a lot of success (didn’t monitor his results but I saw his name at the top of leaderboards constantly). Cicima is new this season, so what you’re saying could be true. Haven’t took a look at it though.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Definitely awful, but I prefer having more lineups than entering the $27 would permit me to have, so I’m entering about 30 lineups in the $5.

I’ve been on a terrible run myself lately.

Let’s get back on track tonight! I’ll be playing hockey myself so I won’t be able to verify lines, which is why I’ll limit my entries.

• hautalak

• x2

Well whoever is not on this forum has been cleaning up the past few nights then. I was 0/8 last night and lost half my entries the night before. Hopefully tonight things change.

Homer stack no matter what. Why not? Things have been going bad with “researched” lineups. So Wings L2 it is! I’ll stay away from Coreau though. Otherwise some MIN? Either line?

• sizzlebeans

I’ll be in for a DET line up with you hautalak. I’m building 3, and one is going to be a Budaman LU “what you think happen, don’t”.

• hautalak

• x2

@sizzlebeans said...

I’ll be in for a DET line up with you hautalak. I’m building 3, and one is going to be a Budaman LU “what you think happen, don’t”.

They have to score at some point! Even a single goal is “better”. Good luck!

• Lambiemt

I owe a thank you to whoever suggested Chiriot (sp?) last night he was key to a few satellite wins for me (Fla1/Bos1.)Tonight is tough I don’t know why I am playing it probably because it’s the weekend anyway:

I’m targeting
    CBJ 1 their other lines are unpredictable
    Min 1/2
    Anh 1
    Cgy 2

Will have some Jones at D otherwise punting with Montour and Hamonic

Good luck all!

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

They have to score at some point! Even a single goal is “better”. Good luck!

Larkin is overdue to score on the road! Only 2 goals on 104 shots. He’s also due to score in general. He has 50 SOG in his past 12 games but didn’t score a goal during that span.

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

Larkin is overdue to score on the road! Only 2 goals on 104 shots. He’s also due to score in general. He has 50 SOG in his past 12 games but didn’t score a goal during that span.

Yessir and I like Frk on that line too!. I’l start with one but I’m hoping for a few.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@hautalak said...

Yessir and I like Frk on that line too!. I’l start with one but I’m hoping for a few.

I have a few with that line on FD, but I’m skeptical. They announced that line combo before the game yesterday, but then started with Larkin-Mantha-Abdel. Frk did play on that line, but only for a limited amount.

• hautalak

• x2

@Zieg30 said...

I have a few with that line on FD, but I’m skeptical. They announced that line combo before the game yesterday, but then started with Larkin-Mantha-Abdel. Frk did play on that line, but only for a limited amount.

Yeah Blashill will do that. Frk is PP2 correlated so it’s ok if they split him and he’s always cheap.

• sizzlebeans

Liking Gagner as a punt forward tonight.

• FantasySultan

gagner pp1 ?

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Lambiemt said...

I owe a thank you to whoever suggested Chiriot (sp?) last night he was key to a few satellite wins for me (Fla1/Bos1.)Tonight is tough I don’t know why I am playing it probably because it’s the weekend anyway:

I’m targeting
    CBJ 1 their other lines are unpredictable
    Min 1/2
    Anh 1
    Cgy 2

Will have some Jones at D otherwise punting with Montour and Hamonic

Good luck all!

Glad to be of assistance! Hopefully you can turn those satty wins into some good bucks!

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

Liking Gagner as a punt forward tonight.

He’s in my lone $27 lineup and in 3 of my 8 $5 lineups. Went with duos tonight to differentiate. My lineups were made before the line matching article and unfortunately I don’t have the best lines, but I’m not changing my lineups because if I do I feel that I’ll regret it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).