NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM :  Toronto ( 125 ) at  Boston ( -145 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:30 PM :  Carolina ( 125 ) at  Washington ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    10:00 PM :  Colorado ( 165 ) at  Calgary ( -185 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mathewsmarner

Col vs cal should be goal explosive then there is toronto

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results

flipp39 – 33.2
    akdarstudios – 30.5
    rgreuli – 29.8
    hautalak – 29.3
    sizzlebeans – 27.5

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/71352375

• PhoFever

@mathewsmarner said...

then there is toronto

What do you mean by this? No goals or lots of goals?

My heart is telling me to load up on Leafs. My brain is telling me Pasta hat trick. My brain is also telling me Matthews line -18 the second half of the season, so definitely no TOR2 on Yahoo.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@PhoFever said...

What do you mean by this? No goals or lots of goals?

My heart is telling me to load up on Leafs. My brain is telling me Pasta hat trick. My brain is also telling me Matthews line -18 the second half of the season, so definitely no TOR2 on Yahoo.

Makes me consider BOS2 (though my lineups are set so I won’t likely go there). BOS1 will likely match up against TOR1.

• Syzltuth

Just noticed dk gave out fan appreciation freerolls for nhl & nba tomorrow, decent prize totals for freebies

• yisman

motivation update:

all teams motivated to win :P

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@yisman said...

motivation update:

all teams motivated to win :P

ha!

• tyman200

NHL Today at 4PM PDT – $10 entry – 22/25 spots filled *** https://deeplink.me/draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/71346434

• tyman200

Fill it up please!

• Syzltuth

Good luck fellas

• canuck1995

WSH1/TOR1 doing well right now. Only entered that one into some smaller tournaments though,

• yisman

Boston hard matching 1 v 1 FWIW

• yisman

Nylander scores on an even strength breakaway. Unusual.

Toronto then had a 3 on 1 with 5 seconds remaining in the 2nd but did not cash in

• Syzltuth

I went a little too contrarian tonight I guess, barring a miracle in the 3rd I’m not going to get across the cash line tonight.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

A solid night from NHL. Made money across the board. I kind of like playoff showdowns. Really narrows down the player pool IMO. Not that I don’t play them enough already but when playoffs roll in it’s all about Backstrom/Ovie/Carlson/Holtby (most of the time for me). That allowed me to cash just fine last night. Some BOS L2 would have been nice but I’ll take it. And I’m happy about cashing in the forum contest again. Wasn’t able to catch the belly though! Congrats other winners!

As for tonight, I think I’m “all in” on PIT. Might even go so far as to roster Sid/Malkin/Guen/Kessel. I won’t have much left but I see it paying off.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

A solid night from NHL. Made money across the board. I kind of like playoff showdowns. Really narrows down the player pool IMO. Not that I don’t play them enough already but when playoffs roll in it’s all about Backstrom/Ovie/Carlson/Holtby (most of the time for me). That allowed me to cash just fine last night. Some BOS L2 would have been nice but I’ll take it. And I’m happy about cashing in the forum contest again. Wasn’t able to catch the belly though! Congrats other winners!

As for tonight, I think I’m “all in” on PIT. Might even go so far as to roster Sid/Malkin/Guen/Kessel. I won’t have much left but I see it paying off.

Nice work! WSH1+ Carlson was the cash cow indeed, call it the “Hautalak Special.” I learned an important lesson on differentiation last night; had a great WSH1/TOR3 lineup going with punt D-men, and was riding the top of the wave, until I got surpassed by three guys with the exact same lineup except who had swapped out Tom Wilson and paid down for a cheaper guy (Heinein) in order to pay up for Carlson. Had Smith in goal and still couldn’t catch them at the end of the night. Still finished in the black on FD, but missed on the top $.

I like the PIT idea. Maybe NY3/4 will fit with PITPP1. Casey Tzatziki Sauce Uncle Leo and Flutterbuck?

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Nice work! WSH1+ Carlson was the cash cow indeed, call it the “Hautalak Special.” I learned an important lesson on differentiation last night; had a great WSH1/TOR3 lineup going with punt D-men, and was riding the top of the wave, until I got surpassed by three guys with the exact same lineup except who had swapped out Tom Wilson and paid down for a cheaper guy (Heinein) in order to pay up for Carlson. Had Smith in goal and still couldn’t catch them at the end of the night. Still finished in the black on FD, but missed on the top $.

I like the PIT idea. Maybe NY3/4 will fit with PITPP1. Casey Tzatziki Sauce Uncle Leo and Flutterbuck?

I love playing me some WSH!!! Didn’t fair quite as well on Yahoo (no Backstrom for whatever reason). I think I tried to fit all the “other” big names over there. Still only lost a little there. I had Tom Wilson because of price. My one-off was Kappanen and that worked fine. Gardiner wasn’t great. Had all the right guys in showdown too but kind of covered both scenarios (one lineup with no goalies and one lineup with who I thought would get the W) so was 1/2 on cashing all of them but still up.

Yep I’m going heavy PIT tonight. And might like WPG as well. No need to even mention TB as they will find their way in by any means necessary lol NYI L4 is intriguing but not sure I need to go there. I did play Val the other night and he was fine for his price.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I love playing me some WSH!!! Didn’t fair quite as well on Yahoo (no Backstrom for whatever reason). I think I tried to fit all the “other” big names over there. Still only lost a little there. I had Tom Wilson because of price. My one-off was Kappanen and that worked fine. Gardiner wasn’t great. Had all the right guys in showdown too but kind of covered both scenarios (one lineup with no goalies and one lineup with who I thought would get the W) so was 1/2 on cashing all of them but still up.

Yep I’m going heavy PIT tonight. And might like WPG as well. No need to even mention TB as they will find their way in by any means necessary lol NYI L4 is intriguing but not sure I need to go there. I did play Val the other night and he was fine for his price.

WPG for me, too. Even like L3 with Laine; squeezed them in with TB1 on FD.

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

WPG for me, too. Even like L3 with Laine; squeezed them in with TB1 on FD.

That’s not bad. Getting the feeling Laine won’t play with them for long though but idk, as I haven’t been able to watch much yet.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).