7:08 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -105 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -115 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -200 ) at  Columbus ( 170 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    7:08 PM :  Boston ( -125 ) at  Philadelphia ( 105 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:08 PM :  Washington ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:08 PM :  Florida ( 130 ) at  Carolina ( -150 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:38 PM :  Nashville ( -150 ) at  Detroit ( 130 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    8:08 PM :  Dallas ( -120 ) at  Chicago ( 100 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    10:38 PM :  Anaheim ( 145 ) at  San Jose ( -165 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I’m very close to just withdraw what I have left and quit forever, but I love stats and hockey too much. SDs are fine today, with 3/4 teams having mystery lines for tonight!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I’ve pretty much all but given up on NHL this year. Play for achievement requirements now just like NBA lol

I just do not like the league this year, now VAN has COVID and seems likely won’t finish the season the same as the rest of the NHL. To top it off baseball is back and that’s been king.

Not even excited for Playoffs b/c we’ve seen these teams beat up (or get beat up) on one another. I need teams who haven’t seen one another this year!!! Bring on the Kraken and the “real” NHL!!!

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

Not even excited for Playoffs b/c we’ve seen these teams beat up (or get beat up) on one another. I need teams who haven’t seen one another this year!!! Bring on the Kraken and the “real” NHL!!!

I’ll get excited for playoffs though! There’s a small glimpse of hope for the Habs.

• ifthethunder

I’m doing fine in NHL. Granted most nights, my most expensive lineups are the forum contest(s). Committed to Ironman and not unhappy with it. (Less so with NBA, but still going to get Ironman…this means Diamond for June and July, and my esports and peripherals will get me May.)

That stuff adds up if you’re playing small-ball except when you have tickets.
    ~

• ifthethunder

P.S. Call me crazy, but I’m rolling out Sergei Bobrovsky again.
    ~

• TheShaman43

@hautalak said...

I just do not like the league this year, now VAN has COVID and seems likely won’t finish the season the same as the rest of the NHL. To top it off baseball is back and that’s been king.

Not even excited for Playoffs b/c we’ve seen these teams beat up (or get beat up) on one another.

I guess the scheduling this year really has been polarizing. For me (Covid crap aside), this has been a terribly fun season as a fan. I love the back-to-backs and divisional scheduling and would honestly be thrilled if the divisional trend carried into future regular seasons. Now I’d like to see the divisions go back to normal and get some of the rivalries back that I’ve missed this year, but in terms of playing the same teams six times in one month or three times over two weeks? Sign me up for more! Familiarity breeds contempt, narratives build, and I can get up for these games a heck of a lot more than I can for the once every other year trip to Calgary.

In an attempt to get this post on-topic with tonight’s slate:

I like NSH2 – the cost is just too reasonable for me to pass up against DET and I’ll probably pair them with SJ1. My most consistent successes this year have been when I’ve played simple – attacking bad teams, so I’ll be hoping to feast on DET and ANH (and to contradict how I started this post, as much as I love this scheduling as a fan, it does make for less interesting DFS builds, it really seems like the simpler I’ve kept things and the less thought I’ve put in the better the results have been).

As a B’s fan and former Hockey East season ticket holder (though not for UMaine) I’m really tempted to play Swayman for the minimum on FD, but that’s being a fan and not playing logically.

• Felixxberg

@ifthethunder said...

I’m doing fine in NHL.

I just calculated my last two weeks and it’s fine, but most of it comes from a 2 day stretch where I won $3K!

I just miss the days where I would have $5K+ wins almost every month. I feel like the game is unbeatable now. The best strategy is probably the bkreider one, which ycmmat and nolt now use, among others. DollarBill and Hof still crush, but that’s pretty much it.

• ifthethunder

@TheShaman43 said...

As a B’s fan and former Hockey East season ticket holder (though not for UMaine) I’m really tempted to play Swayman for the minimum on FD, but that’s being a fan and not playing logically.

As a fan, I want to roll the CAPS. But the N.Y. Guylanders are just too dirty a matchup.
    ~

• cplatt87

I’ve had 2 winning nights in the last 2.5 weeks. It’s been a miserable run for me.

I’m in the same boat of just playing the bare minimum to meet the ironman requirements for the end of the season, but past that I’m mostly just enjoying watching the games and cheering my Jets on. Hopefully we get a Jets/Habs round 1 series Felix!

It’s also Masters week, so I’ve been very much putting all of my research time into golf as it’s one of the best events of the year in any sport.

• tyman200

Join this contest, NHL $10 11-Player (Winner Takes All)

https://www.draftkings.com/contest
    /draftteam/106032669

If anyone is interested, we need a few spots to fill this winner take all.
    1st place gets 99$
    8/11 spots are full

Edit: I can’t get the link to work, but you’ll see the contest in the DK lobby!

• cplatt87

Blindly stacked the BOS/PHI game since Hart sucks and BOS is starting a goalie that may or may not be a real person.

Preparing for the 1-0 dud now.

• gairz

Took SJ1 and CHI1 tonight. And built another with SJfull stack. Should be fun tonight watching WAS/NYI. The last game didn’t end on a happy note.

• ifthethunder

🎶 Bergeron, my wayward son… 🎶
    ~

• OttawaCityMadman

Damn Bergeron. I was 15,300 in the green. It looked very nice ;)

• jjwd

@Felixxberg said...

The best strategy is probably the bkreider one, which ycmmat and nolt now use, among others.

what’s your estimation of that strategy…? Careful lineup construction?

• Felixxberg

@jjwd said...

what’s your estimation of that strategy…? Careful lineup construction?

Full line, duo, one-off forward with correlated D, second D is correlated with either the full line or duo, and goalie is correlated with any of the combos.

• Felixxberg

I like it, because when the one-off outscores the faded guy, you take a leap over everyone who has a typical 3-3. It’s better than being lucky with the D one-off (when playing typical 3-3).

• jjwd

@Felixxberg said...

I like it, because when the one-off outscores the faded guy, you take a leap over everyone who has a typical 3-3. It’s better than being lucky with the D one-off (when playing typical 3-3).

Yeah, it’s a versatile construction, adaptable to different slate sizes. Just think it also requires good projections.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@TheShaman43 said...

I guess the scheduling this year really has been polarizing. For me (Covid crap aside), this has been a terribly fun season as a fan. I love the back-to-backs and divisional scheduling and would honestly be thrilled if the divisional trend carried into future regular seasons. Now I’d like to see the divisions go back to normal and get some of the rivalries back that I’ve missed this year, but in terms of playing the same teams six times in one month or three times over two weeks? Sign me up for more! Familiarity breeds contempt, narratives build, and I can get up for these games a heck of a lot more than I can for the once every other year trip to Calgary.

I just think there’s a “happy medium” to this. Sure I don’t mind more division games but I’d like them more spread out. I don’t mind a few b2bs but this has gotten old quick for me.

It’s possible I just end up seeing too many East battles since that’s who NBC seems to play the most. The amount of BUF, PHI, PIT, NYR, and WSH games I’ve seen this year is astounding compared to some others.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).