Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

4:08 PM :  Calgary ( -130 ) at  Vancouver ( 110 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:38 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 115 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -135 ) —- T: 5½u-45
    8:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -130 ) at  Florida ( 110 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:08 PM :  Minnesota ( 140 ) at  Vegas ( -160 ) —- T: 5½u-35

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cplatt87

As much as the hockey has been great in the playoffs so far, as a Jets fan I’m seriously eager for their series against the Oilers to get started. Tomorrow night can’t come fast enough!

As far as tonight goes, Kucherov will surely be mega chalk after he blew up in G1. Whether you play him or not is going to decide how you approach that game.

Hoping for Pacciorety news as late as possible so that if he plays there’s a showdown edge in the late game.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Likely going to run another blog back after last night. This time I went 0-3 in snakes. Was looking good then the MacK show finished me off. You live and you learn.

As for tonight, I’m loving FLA again, gonna hammer some PIT, and finish off with VGK. Would like Malkin to play but doesn’t look good. So I have PIT, FLA, and VGK. Not really jumping out on any limbs unless you think TB wins again. I can’t see NYI doing it again…

• axman15

Crazy how quickly things can change in showdowns. Ended up cashing 50% of my lineups in WAS/BOS after being being around 10% going into OT. On the contrary, had a lineup that was 5th in the COL/STL game going into the 3rd that ended up not cashing at all.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@axman15 said...

Crazy how quickly things can change in showdowns. Ended up cashing 50% of my lineups in WAS/BOS after being being around 10% going into OT. On the contrary, had a lineup that was 5th in the COL/STL game going into the 3rd that ended up not cashing at all.

Yep, you’re in for a wild rollercoaster. My strategy ended up being fine, but maybe not optimal. I hate COL or EDM SDs. MacK and McD are always 70%+, and always optimal. If you play full COL1, then it’s just a punt war.

• Mccurds13

@Felixxberg said...

Yep, you’re in for a wild rollercoaster. My strategy ended up being fine, but maybe not optimal. I hate COL or EDM SDs. MacK and McD are always 70%+, and always optimal. If you play full COL1, then it’s just a punt war.

I completely agree with this. Diehard Oilers fan but there showdowns are impossible.

• Mccurds13

Had a great night last night thanks to CAR3-COL1. Think you probably need some pieces from Tampa Florida and I’ll ride Vegas against Minnesota. Eventually the puck will go in for then.

• lomac

@cplatt87 said...

As much as the hockey has been great in the playoffs so far, as a Jets fan I’m seriously eager for their series against the Oilers to get started. Tomorrow night can’t come fast enough!

Yes, the real playoffs don’t start till tomorrow :). Not looking good though with PLD still not practicing and Ehlers likely out too.

• lomac

Driedger getting the start on his birthday.
    Cake increases puck stopping abilities.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@cplatt87 said...

Hoping for Pacciorety news as late as possible so that if he plays there’s a showdown edge in the late game.

Seems like your wish was granted. He’s a game time decision, and VGK didn’t run line or pair rushes in practice. That screams SD!

• hautalak

• x2

Got the blog up. Today it’s my picks for today, DFS plays, and more snake draft targets. I’m having fun with these and the playoffs so far. Good luck!

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/nhl-5-18-3628859

• axman15

@hautalak said...

Got the blog up. Today it’s my picks for today, DFS plays, and more snake draft targets. I’m having fun with these and the playoffs so far. Good luck!

Great write up! I’ll be a little late getting started on research & this was a very helpful place to begin.

• hautalak

• x2

@axman15 said...

Great write up! I’ll be a little late getting started on research & this was a very helpful place to begin.

Thank you! Just love me some playoff hockey. Good luck.

• lomac

Driedger is only $5000 in the showdown, guess they were counting on Bobrovsky starting.

• hautalak

• x2

@lomac said...

Driedger is only $5000 in the showdown, guess they were counting on Bobrovsky starting.

That makes sense…

• tristanwolf

great special on chara on nbc sports right now. very intelligent guy.

• Steverino01

Took down some MIN/VGK showdowns 2 nights ago having both goalies and Talbot as my captain. Also had the line that scored the OT winner. Going with that lineup again. Here’s hoping for another 1-0 game.

• tristanwolf

@hautalak said...

nice write up haut. agree on pitt and florida but i got minne vegas pegged for another slow one. gonna make some lu’s with alternation fleury or talbot in goal. good luck all sb another great night of hockey!

• Steverino01

Daily Faceoff
    @DailyFaceoff

Tristan Jarry vs. Semyon Varlamov for Game 2 #LetsGoPens #Isles

• axman15

Kind’ve funny to be building for TB/FLA and see Kucherov’s FPPG at 36

• tristanwolf

played 10/14 with cros/guentz/rust. good start.

• ifthethunder

@Steverino01 said...

Daily Faceoff
    @DailyFaceoff

Tristan Jarry vs. Semyon Varlamov for Game 2 #LetsGoPens #Isles

Fuggin’ Guylanders. I have Sorokin in. Had too much NBA and MLB stuff going on, seemed like he was going to get the start.

I have 3 other none-NYI lineups going though.
    ~

• cplatt87

No Paccioretty

• hautalak

• x2

Damn I we need some more goals lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).