Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:38 PM :  Washington ( 150 ) at  Boston ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    7:08 PM :  Carolina ( -145 ) at  Nashville ( 125 ) —- T: 5o-35
    9:08 PM :  Winnipeg ( 150 ) at  Edmonton ( -170 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    9:38 PM :  Colorado ( -220 ) at  St. Louis ( 185 ) —- T: 5½o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Gimmick time! I’m in of course.

Question of the day: Can Connor Hellebuyck shut down McJesus and the Oilers again? I guess one way to answer is a lineup that says he does and another that says he doesn’t.
    ~

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

Question of the day: Can Connor Hellebuyck shut down McJesus and the Oilers again? I guess one way to answer is a lineup that says he does and another that says he doesn’t.

He can… but will he NO! All in on McDavid and EDM tonight.

And gimme WSH (even over COL) as the highest scoring team today. I’ll expect damn near a perfect game from Ilya Samsonov

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ifthethunder said...

Can Connor Hellebuyck shut down McJesus and the Oilers again?

He will if EDM keeps on separating McD and Drai. There’s only so much McD can do with Pulju and Kahun on his wings! I can understand the move on the road, but they have home ice and they burned that advantage by separating their two best players.

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

but they have home ice and they burned that advantage by separating their two best players.

Yeah I’m over coaches trying to “force” the idea we have two good lines lol We saw how long that BOS experiment lasted, not to mention COL never really strays from it either. I suppose the 2nd 6 are better on both those teams but agree.

My guess is we see them together today!!!

• axman15

Jets injury situation with PLD/Ehlers will be one to monitor today.

• cplatt87

@ifthethunder said...

Question of the day: Can Connor Hellebuyck shut down McJesus and the Oilers again?

It’s the only shot the Jets have in this series, so I’m selfishly hoping that is the case. I don’t know if he can be expected to carry them again though if the Jets decide to play an entire period in their own end of the ice like they did in the 2nd period on Wednesday.

Jets got extremely fortunate to win game 1, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Edmonton steamrolls them tonight.

With that said, my Showdown lineup will be starting with McDavid and Hellebuyck and then building from there.

• ifthethunder

@hautalak said...

And gimme WSH (even over COL) as the highest scoring team today. I’ll expect damn near a perfect game from Ilya Samsonov

I need it. CAPS fan for life!
    ~

• hautalak

• x2

@ifthethunder said...

I need it. CAPS fan for life!
    ~

All da Russians today!!!

• Mccurds13

Sounds like PLD is in and Ehlers is out and Oilers lineup remains the same. I’m not overly opposed to this as an Edmonton fan. It was a close game and McDavid was horrid by his standards.

That all being said I’m unsure it’s even worth chasing EDM when COL1 is rolling like this, especially with the injuries to the Blues D. Have to decide as the day goes along I guess.

• zovyn

@ifthethunder said...

Gimmick time! I’m in of course.

Wish we had enough FD guys to do one there. :P

• zovyn

Keep an eye on the Kadri news – could be a bump for Jost, Compher, Soderberg, or Newhook…

• ifthethunder

@zovyn said...

Keep an eye on the Kadri news – could be a bump for Jost, Compher, Soderberg, or Newhook…

Got it, thanks.
    ~

• axman15

Anyone playing McDavid and Helly together in showdown? Each of my lineups will have at least one of them, just not sure if it makes sense to play them together.

• Mccurds13

@axman15 said...

Anyone playing McDavid and Helly together in showdown? Each of my lineups will have at least one of them, just not sure if it makes sense to play them together.

It probably can work but you’d need Helle to get the 35 save bonus and McDavid to be the highest scoring oiler I’d think. I don’t anticipate having them together in any of mine, but I’ve also got shredded in SD most of the playoffs.

• ifthethunder

Are we going to get any DPS news before lock? I see Tyson Jost might be in for something as well as Nazem Kadri.

“The 23-year-old forward could face a hearing with the Department of Player Safety prior to Friday’s Game 3.” DK, re: Jost
    ~

• axman15

@ifthethunder said...

Are we going to get any DPS news before lock? I see Tyson Jost might be in for something as well as Nazem Kadri.

“The 23-year-old forward could face a hearing with the Department of Player Safety prior to Friday’s Game 3.” DK, re: Jost
    ~

I’d assume Kadri is out tonight. Even if somehow he’s in, I anticipate he’ll be a heavily marked man tonight.

Not sure about Jost, didn’t hear about that one.

• lomac

Predators lineup update: Viktor Arvidsson OUT

• lomac

#Preds Game 3 lineup in warmups:

Forsberg-Johansen-Duchene
    Tolvanen-Granlund-Kunin
    Cousins-Haula-Jarnkrok
    Trenin-Sissons-Jeannot

Josi-Carrier
    Ekholm-Ellis
    Harpur-Benning

Saros
    Rinne

#StanleyCup | #CARvsNSH

• ifthethunder

Looking like CARNASH is today’s TB -FLA. Meanwhile my CAPS are playing in lower case.

Doh!
    ~

• Mccurds13

Oilers are going McD-Drai-Pool Party to start.

• yisman

Colorado Avalanche center Nazem Kadri has been suspended for eight playoff games for a “high, forceful check” to the head of St. Louis Blues defenseman Justin Faulk on Wednesday night.

The NHL called Kadri, who served the first game of his suspension on Friday night, “a player with a substantial disciplinary record,” as this is the sixth suspension of this career — three of them coming in the playoffs.

==============

So they get Kadri for being a “repeat offender”, which is true, but Tom Wilson, whose record is even longer, doesn’t get punished for dirty hits. Yep.

• yisman

well, I lost again

did McDavid/Draisatl

• yisman

Draisatl’s 7th season, McDavid’s 6th

one total series win over that span, as it looks like Edmonton again will go home early

• ifthethunder

I had a bubbler with 136.7, but didn’t cash any for tickets this time. Came in 7th in COL- STL Hip Check, so I covered all my entry fleas though.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).