• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 205 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -260 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 180 ) at  Boston ( -225 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:08 PM :  Buffalo ( 280 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -360 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:08 PM :  Chicago ( 240 ) at  Carolina ( -280 ) —- T: 6o-20
    7:08 PM :  Montreal ( 170 ) at  Toronto ( -200 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    9:08 PM :  Vancouver ( 210 ) at  Edmonton ( -250 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• TheShaman43

@Mccurds13 said...

Refusing to open up the game to more of the speed and skill which is what sells. Just maddening.

Counterpoint. McDavid makes the game look easy (which I realize is a phrase that gets thrown around as the ultimate compliment to an athlete). While I marvel at what he can do, easy isn’t compelling – Gretzky, Jordan, Tiger, Bonds on the juice were all great…and kinda boring.

I know that’s a minority opinion, but a lot hockey fans want their “old time hockey” and hold on to the view of their sport as being the most blue collar of the major leagues in the US (and Canada). The NHL does need the speed and skill to expand, but they’re almost certainly the sport most dependent on keeping their die-hards happy – there are just fewer hockey casuals.

For relevance to today’s slate I’m staying away from the East games (aside from Swayman) and eating EDM chalk.

• zovyn

Here comes the Buffalo rout predicted by my opti? Meh. Also, TOR2 racking up points in the first few minutes… good times.

• yisman

I did mcdavid/draisatl

Probably wouldn’t have even made a main slate lineup but now I have to see how I would’ve done in the risk free

• zovyn

Now introducing: Jeff Carter – Slate Breaker! :)

• zovyn

Mikko in net for the Oily ones.

• cplatt87

Pittsburgh with 7 goals, Pitt 2 with almost no pieces outside of 2 assists. Swayman also looking like he’s going to have a 12 save shutout.

Picked a great slate to start my “not giving a fuck” mode!

• yisman

Draisatl/McDavid/Barrie a combined 0 for me as the Canucks turned into world-beaters tonight. Oops.

Meanwhile, on Yahoo, both my goalies negative and Duncan Keith negative (played a total of 5 minutes).

• Mccurds13

Just cannot get anything right lately. Koskinen is a disaster, Isles continue to be unable to score when I play them. Beginning to wonder if I was lucky earlier in the year or just unlucky now. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

• cplatt87

@cplatt87 said...

Pittsburgh with 7 goals, Pitt 2 with almost no pieces outside of 2 assists

See, all you need to do is complain and then the 8th goal goes your way.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

10 lineups tonight. I’ll let you guys guess which goalie I decided to play in 100%! Hint: he did something that hadn’t been done since 1989, before I was born.

• zovyn

@Felixxberg said...

10 lineups tonight. I’ll let you guys guess which goalie I decided to play in 100%! Hint: he did something that hadn’t been done since 1989, before I was born.

What’s that… give up 4 goals on the first 4 shots?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@zovyn said...

What’s that… give up 4 goals on the first 4 shots?

Bingo! I would have crushed with EDM1-Demko.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).