• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:08 PM :  Florida ( 100 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -120 ) —- T: 5o-35
    2:30 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    4:08 PM :  Columbus ( 130 ) at  Toronto ( -150 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    6:45 PM :  Calgary ( -155 ) at  Winnipeg ( 135 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    8:08 PM :  Carolina ( -150 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 130 ) —- T: 8½o-30
    10:45 PM :  Minnesota ( -115 ) at  Vancouver ( -105 ) —- T: 5½u-30

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Avsrick

@Avsrick said...

My lineups are now showing all CGY players canceled. Game is canceled?

Nevermind I guess. Now they are showing it again. Weird. No I have not started drinking yet.

• mr_papageorgio

Chalk NSH1 gets there. Lame.

• ifthethunder

@mr_papageorgio said...

Chalk NSH1 gets there. Lame.

Bonino did well for me, but my only other player from that game was Christian Dvorak. Who did not. At least Auston Matthews scored a goal, so 2 out of 3 centers are paying off.
    ~

• Felixxberg

And another clutch move by myself by playing Jankowski in SD. Only 3/435 lineups have him. I have 2 of those. I’m also alone with Shore and Shaw, and we’re 2 with Bourque. I need a quiet game with L4 goals from either side!

• Felixxberg

Needless to say I love Showdown and last minute lineup changes! One will pay off eventually!

• OttawaCityMadman

Got an 83 with Lowrey,. Rosvic and Hellbyc going. Love to see a repeat from last game…

• Zieg30

@Felixxberg said...

And another clutch move by myself by playing Jankowski in SD. Only 3/435 lineups have him. I have 2 of those. I’m also alone with Shore and Shaw, and we’re 2 with Bourque. I need a quiet game with L4 goals from either side!

But there’s another reason you’re alone with them. They may pay off one out of every 40 slates!

Edit: But I see that you didn’t go big with them, just a handful of lineups. So that’s sensible. Very good risk-reward.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

I have Mr. Andersen in right now, because he’s the most expensive and that makes for easier swapping later. Of course, that’s a 4 O’clock game so will have to make a decision by then.
    ~

For a while it didn’t seem like Mr. Andersen would get enough saves. But a shutout win fixed things ok.

Have to admit though, Joonas Korpisalo and his 36 of 38 saves would have scored almost as many DK points (21.20 versus 24) for 1,100 less.
    ~

• lomac

Reimer starting for the Canes

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

But there’s another reason you’re alone with them. They may pay off one out of every 40 slates!

Edit: But I see that you didn’t go big with them, just a handful of lineups. So that’s sensible. Very good risk-reward.

I have each of them in 1/10, except for Jankowski who I have twice. The way I built my lineups left me almost nothing for my last pick, so when I saw Jankowski was in, I immediately plugged him in!

The play that I like is plugging in guys who weren’t supposed to play, because I know people make their lineups in advance and don’t tweak them. Shore, Shaw and Bourque were supposed to play, so it doesn’t apply to them, but I got them below 1% anyway!

• Felixxberg

@lomac said...

Reimer starting for the Canes

Good example of what I just said! Showdown contests are horrible for that game, but I’d play a lot of Reimer just because of ownership.

• lomac

Hurricanes lines #LetsGoCanes
    per @Canes

Svechnikov-Aho-Teravainen
    Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
    Foegele-Staal-Williams
    McGinn-Geekie-Martinook

Slavin-Vatanen
    Skjei-Edmundson
    Gardiner-Fleury

Rangers lines #playlikeanewyorker
    per @NHLdotcom

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
    Panarin-Strome-Kakko
    Lemieux-Chytil-Di Giuseppe
    Howden-McKegg-Gauthier

Smith-Trouba
    Lindgren-Fox
    Staal-DeAngelo

• yisman

Yahoo has had Mrazek with the green check mark all day

I just checked again. Still.

I switched to Reimer but I’m sure some people got stuck with wrong goalie

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

Good example of what I just said! Showdown contests are horrible for that game, but I’d play a lot of Reimer just because of ownership.

I entered a Reimer lineup in the $10 late contest just for fun. He’s 5.78%. Mrazek is 10.03%.

• Zieg30

Mrazek sitting. So weird.

• ifthethunder

So today Calgary is going off, when I don’t play them. Of course.
    ~

• Felixxberg

@ifthethunder said...

So today Calgary is going off, when I don’t play them. Of course.
    ~

DFS life at its finest!

BOS1 will crush tomorrow after a bad first game.

• Canuckage

Toffoli and Gaudette are both out

• tristanwolf

@Canuckage said...

Toffoli and Gaudette are both out

looks like petersson and miller with boeser
    pearson horvat and loui ericksson? yikes

• Canuckage

Yea Boeser gains lots of value now since he is back on L1 and most likely PP1. Wild’s defensive style has been pretty good at shutting them down last game.

• yisman

Put Parise in for Toffoli on Yahoo

exhausting trying to keep up with all the shenanigans

as with the NBA, teams refusing to tell the truth

• tristanwolf

i put boeser in for toffoli and threw loui in one for a laugh. good luck on the late night game anyone with some skin in the game still.

• Felixxberg

@tristanwolf said...

i put boeser in for toffoli and threw loui in one for a laugh. good luck on the late night game anyone with some skin in the game still.

I have two lineups. Both are game stacks. One with Shesterkin and one with Reimer. Both were MIN1-VAN2, but when I saw that NYR would lose, I switched my Shesterkin one to MIN1-VAN1. Eriksson is 0.34%! I need a bloodbath!

I made some SD lineups but couldn’t enter them anywhere.

• Felixxberg

Oh god. I didn’t realize how much that Aho empty net goal hurt. It gave him a goal, a 5th SOG, a 3rd point and the shorthanded bonus. It also gave a shorthanded assist to Teravainen. Aho is 45% owned in my contest, Teravainen 22%. Meaningless goal in a game that was already 3-1. I’m so pissed!

Rant over. On to tomorrow.

• tristanwolf

@Felixxberg said...

Oh god. I didn’t realize how much that Aho empty net goal hurt. It gave him a goal, a 5th SOG, a 3rd point and the shorthanded bonus. It also gave a shorthanded assist to Teravainen. Aho is 45% owned in my contest, Teravainen 22%. Meaningless goal in a game that was already 3-1. I’m so pissed!

Rant over. On to tomorrow.

yep same.tried to enter more after toffoli news, no carolina either finally got goalie right tonight with anderson,and calgary but need a vancouver pile on.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler