• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -125 ) at  Florida ( 105 ) —- T: 5o-40
    2:38 PM :  Nashville ( -140 ) at  Arizona ( 120 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    4:08 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -160 ) at  Montreal ( 140 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    8:08 PM :  Toronto ( 0 ) at  Columbus ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    6:45 PM :  Edmonton ( -135 ) at  Chicago ( 115 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    10:45 PM :  Vancouver ( 100 ) at  Minnesota ( -120 ) —- T: 5½u-35

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Syzltuth

86 last night, a few points off of the cash line with a -2 whatever from my goalie. 2nd night in a row picking a bad or nonexistent goal tender so going back to kuemper tonight and hoping he’s not getting tired. 4th game in 6 days seems like a pretty hefty workload especially with all the shots aimed at him

• Felixxberg

@ryanprzy said...

Made one lineup for that game. Beauvillier’s my captain, and I got Nelson too. Then it’s four Panthers :(

Damn! Well we never know. There’s still a period left. My strategy for SD is normally:

Goalie captain – full correlated line – correlated D – one-off from the other team. Then I make one with each guy from the full correlated line as captain. So that’s 4 lineups for every line you take. If you really like a line, you can enter it a few times with a different D and/or one-off.

Full correlated line – full correlated line, with each guy captain. That’s 6 lineups for every line combo. If there’s an obvious weak player, I can switch him for a D.

Also, when I don’t want to enter too many lineups, I just keep my lineups that have the best captains.

• mr_papageorgio

I don’t feel great about it but I“m rolling Jarry in net.

• ifthethunder

@mr_papageorgio said...

It didn’t show up as much in the last game but I like EDM a lot less in general when they are the road team because of line changes. McDavid and Draisaitl are good enough that it’s hard to shut them down completely but I like the CHI side of this game more. Obviously the last game doesn’t reflect what I just said and it wouldn’t be at all shocking to see EDM score 5+ goals but I’m siding with the home team here.

If you’re going to play EDM, I’d go with the Draisaitl line. If AA moves up he’s really cheap too.

Thanks. I put together a lineup with both McDavid and Draisaitl, and a lineup with just the latter. LET THEM FIGHT.
    ~

• yisman

I stacked up EDM/CHI for the FD main slate.

DK main slate had a little overlay but I decided to skip.

• mr_papageorgio

Ok Kuemper, you aren’t this good. Start letting some goals in.

• panters

@Felixxberg said...

Damn! Well we never know. There’s still a period left. My strategy for SD is normally:

Goalie captain – full correlated line – correlated D – one-off from the other team. Then I make one with each guy from the full correlated line as captain. So that’s 4 lineups for every line you take. If you really like a line, you can enter it a few times with a different D and/or one-off.

Full correlated line – full correlated line, with each guy captain. That’s 6 lineups for every line combo. If there’s an obvious weak player, I can switch him for a D.

Also, when I don’t want to enter too many lineups, I just keep my lineups that have the best captains.

A full correlated line is like W-C-W of the same line? If so how can you fit all of these plus a D guy and a one off into $50K. I tried PIT as an example and had 1.1K left for a one off. Maybe it doesn’t work with the pricier teams?

hautalak and I will see you in Habville when the Canes come up for the Cup!

• Felixxberg

@panters said...

A full correlated line is like W-C-W of the same line? If so how can you fit all of these plus a D guy and a one off into $50K. I tried PIT as an example and had 1.1K left for a one off. Maybe it doesn’t work with the pricier teams?

Indeed, for more expensive lines, it doesn’t always work. Your D needs to be cheaper, so let’s take the PIT-MTL game for example:

Jarry captain – Crosby-Guentzel-Sheary – cheap D – cheap Habs one-off
    Crosby captain – Jarry – Guentzel-Sheary – cheap D – cheap Habs one-off
    Guentzel captain – Jarry – Crosby-Sheary – Schultz (or cheap D) – minimum price Habs one-off (or decent priced Habs one-off)
    Sheary captain lineup is not necessary, but if you make it, you can plug in better D and one-off

• ifthethunder

@mr_papageorgio said...

Ok Kuemper, you aren’t this good. Start letting some goals in.

Heck no! DON’T LISTEN TO HIM, D’ARCY!
    ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmxKZuDl7o

• Felixxberg

The second strategy won’t work for PIT1-MTL1 with Crosby captain, but you could fade Sheary and take a cheap D instead to make it work.

• panters

@Felixxberg said...

The second strategy won’t work for PIT1-MTL1 with Crosby captain, but you could fade Sheary and take a cheap D instead to make it work.

Okay I used a more expensive PIT D (Schultz) and that’s why I only had 1.1K left. I just couldn’t ignore his recent periphs.
    Thank you Felix and great luck this afternoon/evening!

• Felixxberg

@panters said...

Okay I used a more expensive PIT D (Schultz) and that’s why I only had 1.1K left. I just couldn’t ignore his recent periphs.
    Thank you Felix and great luck this afternoon/evening!

Thanks! I actually found the new PIT lines in time, but didn’t have time to post them here as I was tweaking my 14 lineups. I hope no one else noticed. Top 3 are:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
    Zucker-Malkin-Hornqvist
    Marleau-McCann-Sheary

MTL has new lines too. Top 3:

Tatar-Suzuki-Gallagher
    Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
    Lehkonen-Danault-Byron

Belzile is making his NHL debut on MTL4.

• Felixxberg

Good luck to you too panters. I hope you do better than Panthers!

• mr_papageorgio

Josi out there just racking up shots and blocks like he usually does now that I didn’t play him.

• OttawaCityMadman

nice. Osterle was my main D punt today with Keumper. Now if my Top guys can get er done

• Felixxberg

I really need Kuemper to hit the bonus! Also, a full ARI1 goal would be fine!

• mr_papageorgio

@OttawaCityMadman said...

nice. Osterle was my main D punt today with Keumper. Now if my Top guys can get er done

I punted with Hjalmarsson so I’m thrilled with 5 blocks. Now need some Sid/Jake scoring.

• OttawaCityMadman

@Felixxberg said...

I really need Kuemper to hit the bonus! Also, a full ARI1 goal would be fine!

i hear ya/ Have a full game stack sitting on 70 pts with like 4 pts from Hall and Dvrk

• OttawaCityMadman

what are the overtime rules here for Ari Nsh? I saw a game earlier in the week goto a shootout yeah?

• OttawaCityMadman

wow Josi with 12 shots, need one more block for 3, plus a Ast. What a game

• mr_papageorgio

@OttawaCityMadman said...

what are the overtime rules here for Ari Nsh? I saw a game earlier in the week goto a shootout yeah?

Apparently they get to be on every TV channel while I don’t get to watch the Penguins. I’m so pissed right now.

• OttawaCityMadman

@mr_papageorgio said...

Apparently they get to be on every TV channel while I don’t get to watch the Penguins. I’m so pissed right now.

I know the feeling. Ive missed Wings games because they had to show some other crappy game. Least I dot have to worry about that this year lol

• mr_papageorgio

@mr_papageorgio said...

I think there’s a decent chance this game duds for DFS purposes,

I truly hope everyone took my advice and faded this snoozefest even though I’m too stupid to listen to myself.

• CheetosAddict

Josi finish the game with 14 shots wow

• OttawaCityMadman

@CheetosAddict said...

Josi finish the game with 14 shots wow

they should have a 2nd bonus for 10+ shots! It is a fairly rare occurrence…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler