NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -115 ) at  Philadelphia ( -105 ) —- T: 5u-10
    9:45 PM :  Vancouver ( 0 ) at  Vegas ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• AJS

The chalk is going to be stacking 4 Vegas guys again, just have to choose them properly. Although, I guess some will start Lehner allowing them to only roster 3 on FD. So i guess that’s an option for an edge- take a chance on a goalie besides Lehner. Last time Vancouver and the Knights played Markstrom was like 30% owned, I don’t get it especially on FD where the win is so important unless you can manage an extra 15 saves and not allow a stupid amount of more goals compared to the other guy. I feel like Varlamov is going to be the most common pivot, he’s my early lean, Hart will be the best contrarian play IMO that has a good shot at a win. So I guess the best edge, as far as my 8 am brain can think after working a night shift, is to fade Lehner to have 4 Vegas skaters and then choose whoever you think will win the early game. Taking a look at the prices I’m surprised Hart is so cheap, the inept Flyers offense is probably the reason for that. As far as Flyers skaters go, I will likely need value plays to make the Vegas guns fit. Konecny’s price continues to drop as does Hayes. JVR is another guy who presents solid value. And to meet the requirements of 3 different teams of FD, I would consider Edler, Virtanen, Pearson and Gaudette as they all have solid value. Petterson is interesting as well!

• axman15

Saw a stat yesterday that Giroux has just 1 goal in his last 25 playoff games, and just 8 points over that stretch. No wonder I keep losing when I pick Flyers…

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Lindblom expected out, but he’d be a nice GPP play if he’s in.

• bfogarty4

Is philly really gonna get 4-1d?

• bfogarty4

Whats the 2 game slate strategy

• TheTruthIsALie

@axman15 said...

Giroux has just 1 goal in his last 25 playoff games

Seriously!? Bad streaks happen in hockey, but that it is something else!

• Iceman10000

Wow only 1 page of hockey talk! Dog days of the season I guess? Who is Sharp Play going to be tonight?

• zovyn

I’m expecting Tuch to get one tonight – love the way that kid plays.

• zovyn

Also, there’s only one page of MLB chat tonight too… that is unusual. Lots of people focused on schools starting up everywhere I imagine.

• Canuckage

@Iceman10000 said...

Wow only 1 page of hockey talk! Dog days of the season I guess? Who is Sharp Play going to be tonight?

Yea. Everyone might be gearing up for next season. Not many options in a 2 game slate :/

Demko is in net for Canucks tonight so that should be interesting……..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Canuckage said...

Yea. Everyone might be gearing up for next season. Not many options in a 2 game slate :/

Demko is in net for Canucks tonight so that should be interesting……..

It was announced early though so I don’t expect any edge there. It just makes me want to play VGK even more.

In every VGK win, Edler was in the perfect SD lineup. Stone, Pacio, Tuch, Schmidt and Lehner were all in 2/3.

Giroux goal!

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

It was announced early though so I don’t expect any edge there. It just makes me want to play VGK even more.

In every VGK win, Edler was in the perfect SD lineup. Stone, Pacio, Tuch, Schmidt and Lehner were all in 2/3.

Giroux goal!

but LWL still has it wrong

they have Markstrom projected@

• yisman

Pacioretty-Karlsson-Stone
    Marchessault-Stastny-Smith
    Cousins-Roy-Tuch
    Carrier-Stephenson-Reaves

McNabb-Schmidt
    Martinez-Theodore
    Holden-Whitecloud

Lehner

Miller-Horvat-Boeser
    Pearson-Pettersson-Toffoli
    Roussel-Gaudette-Sutter
    Motte-Beagle-Virtanen

Edler-Stecher
    Hughes-Tanev
    Fantenberg-Myers

• Southie777

All the offense coming from the PHI/NYI game, like we all called it, hahaha!

• yisman

wow

15:36 Goal scored by Brock Boeser assisted by J.T. Miller and Quinn Hughes 1 1
    15:12 J.T. Miller won faceoff in neutral zone
    15:12 Goal scored by Shea Theodore assisted by Reilly Smith and Mark Stone 0 1
    15:07 Giveaway by Thatcher Demko in defensive zone

• Southie777

Haha, crazy! That Theodore goal was SICK!

• yisman

Game 5: Kucherov plays 9 minutes before departing. Lightning win in OT without him.

Game 5: Couturier injured in the second period. Flyers win in OT without him.

• Southie777

Weird night, but still so up in the air. I’m certainly not winning anything big tonight. But half a period left and I could still easily end up with 0/10 lineups cashing or 6/10 min. cashing/a bit better than min. cashing. Such is life with a two-game slate, I suppose!

• goldengoat29

That Horvat empty netter crossed the line before the horn. I watched it in Slo-mo. Sucks they won’t bother to get it right for the degenerate gamblers out there.

• Southie777

Kind of crazy to not go to the tape on that empty-netter, even though it didn’t affect the outcome at all. If you’re going to have legalized gambling, DFS, etc., you kind of need to actually tie up loose strings like that and make sure you officially get it right. It doesn’t affect me really, I had a couple of Horvat lineups and didn’t even see who would’ve gotten assists, and I won my money back and wouldn’t have done much better either way, but I would be going nuts right now, if I could have shot up the standings in a big GPP. Maybe the ref really got it right live, but that definitely seemed like a good goal from watching on TV. The NFL irritates me with a lot of things, but I will give them credit that they always finish things out to the end, too much money on the line!

• Southie777

@goldengoat29 said...

That Horvat empty netter crossed the line before the horn. I watched it in Slo-mo. Sucks they won’t bother to get it right for the degenerate gamblers out there.

Haha, yep, glad someone else gets my rant!

• Southie777

Wow and, judging from Twitter, plenty of people were affected. Yikes!

• yisman

Yeah I watched the replay of the third and I was amazed they didn’t give it another look

• Canuckage

Apparently the TV broadcast clock isn’t official. Someone posted a clip and it doesn’t look like it made it in the net on time.

https://twitter.com/afewpucksshort/status/1301032757024272390

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).