Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sept 7th
    8:10 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 135 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -155 ) —- T: 5o-15
    Sept 8th
    8:10 PM :  Dallas ( 130 ) at  Vegas ( -150 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

So…Play both goalies and 3 D-men? Or does this one go off.
    ~

• Zieg30

@ifthethunder said...

So…Play both goalies and 3 D-men? Or does this one go off.
    ~

Nah. Probably solo L3 captain, two L2s, opposing goalie, and a couple Ds with zero correlation.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Nah. Probably solo L3 captain, two L2s, opposing goalie, and a couple Ds with zero correlation.

Hahaha. Man I feel you.

• gairz

Can’t wait to see NYI G tonight.

• gairz

@gairz said...

Can’t wait to see NYI G tonight.

Greiss

• yisman

Both teams going 11-7 tonight

• yisman

Johnston replacing dal Colle for the Islanders

DK priced him at 2K

he should be basically unowned

apparently the Islanders tricked the media into thinking they were using 7 D but really went 12-6

• gairz

Varlamov 5% owned. Love it

• rgreuli

@gairz said...

I got Varlamov in 2 lineups that I overlooked. Hoping Greiss gets pulled soon.

• gairz

@gairz said...

Not loving it now! Lol..
    So much for tonight…
    Good luck

• yisman

I used Greiss :(

• yisman

yep, this is going to be another game where the backup outscores the starter

• gairz

@yisman said...

yep, this is going to be another game where the backup outscores the starter

They are tied on DK right now. -6.30

• yisman

TB2 invisible

Team scored 8 goals, but Cirelli/Johnson/Killorn with no points

Varlamov did outscore Greiss, although both were negative

• Felixxberg

Slates are just depressing at this point!

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Slates are just depressing at this point!

Was excited to see the 2 day 2 game slate. Once I looked at the contests I quickly learned I need to learn how to play showdowns for the remainder of the season.

• Felixxberg

@Krausehouse said...

Was excited to see the 2 day 2 game slate. Once I looked at the contests I quickly learned I need to learn how to play showdowns for the remainder of the season.

Showdowns are a rollercoaster of emotions. I was drafting a season long NFL fantasy team with friends yesterday so I just skipped the slate, but I saw some parts of the game anyway and I know I’d have been crushed by the useless Gourde 2nd goal (8th total). There’s always someone who plays broken lines and randomly hits.

Stastny’s two empty net points after he was demoted to L3 made me want to quit forever. The guy who won had him with his former linemates. There have been two slates where the backup goalie did better than the starting one, but some people had the wrong one because they didn’t verify. Sometimes, not knowing is better than knowing, and that’s just frustrating.

The most frustrating remaining one-offs who randomly hit without their linemates for whatever reason are: Tuch, Faksa/Hintz, Pageau/Brassard and Killorn/Gourde.

• Felixxberg

And then, good luck with the Ds. Theodore is the best, but he’s expensive. Who will score best between Schmidt and Martinez? Coin toss. Then, copy paste with every team.

Hedman is the best, but he’s expensive. Who will score best between Sergachev, McDonagh, Shattenkirk and Cernak? Coin toss. Well, more of a dice throw. Bogosian is okay when he’s minimum price.

Pulock is the best, but he’s expensive. Who will score best between Leddy, Toews, Pelech, Mayfield and Greene? Coin toss. Well, more of a dice throw.

Dallas is different. Heiskanen is the best, but he’s expensive. Klingberg is close. Then it’s Lindell, and then Oleksiak. Sekera and whoever plays with him are far behind. Same for Whitecloud and whoever plays with him in Vegas. McNabb is similar to Oleksiak.

• ifthethunder

Playoffs are very good and exciting if your team is in them. For DFS, it’s not so much.
    ~

• Zieg30

@Felixxberg said...

And then, good luck with the Ds. Theodore is the best, but he’s expensive. Who will score best between Schmidt and Martinez? Coin toss. Then, copy paste with every team.

Hedman is the best, but he’s expensive. Who will score best between Sergachev, McDonagh, Shattenkirk and Cernak? Coin toss. Well, more of a dice throw. Bogosian is okay when he’s minimum price.

Pulock is the best, but he’s expensive. Who will score best between Leddy, Toews, Pelech, Mayfield and Greene? Coin toss. Well, more of a dice throw.

Dallas is different. Heiskanen is the best, but he’s expensive. Klingberg is close. Then it’s Lindell, and then Oleksiak. Sekera and whoever plays with him are far behind. Same for Whitecloud and whoever plays with him in Vegas. McNabb is similar to Oleksiak.

Agree completely. So many coin flips with these teams in an SD.

• Krausehouse

Felix – Yes to everything you said. Nailed it.

I feel like correlation matters a lot less in showdowns. Not entirely sure how often that’s the case but certainly seems like full line stacks don’t work out often.

• Felixxberg

@Krausehouse said...

Felix – Yes to everything you said. Nailed it.

I feel like correlation matters a lot less in showdowns. Not entirely sure how often that’s the case but certainly seems like full line stacks don’t work out often.

Indeed. Correlation matters when a line scores 2 or 3 goals and no other line scores. Broken line PPs make some teams hard to play, too (ie. VGK).

I also like the D correlation. Most people don’t take the time to look, but for example, McDonagh almost didn’t play with TB1 yesterday. He played most of his time with TB3. He scored with a Kucherov assist, but it’s just a lucky fluke. Correlating McDonagh with TB1 is not a great move except if you’re fine with his peripherals.

• Krausehouse

True. Also I will always give a bump and blindly play cheap D who play on the PK (Whitecloud, Sekera). If they get the 3BS and a lucky Apple, it’s hard for them not to end up on the optimal.

• hautalak

Man you guys kill me with your SD. I mean in a “general” sense I play the “D” that crush but I’m not worried about jamming in linemates.

I try to look about it in a “raw” stats way I’d say. I typically play a CPT who I have that “feeling” about. I don’t care who plays with him. A lot of times I do pair a linemate but I don’t “force” him in.

The way I look at it is the “cash” mentality is to play lines and the GPP way is “random” (which I would say is my preferred route). Obviously each slate is different but forcing guys going to the bottom of the barrel gets scary.

Idk everybody seems to be doing “well” but that seems to be more for the “predictable” games.

Anyway good luck tonight fellas!

• Krausehouse

If double goalie wins again tonight I may throw up

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.