NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:15 PM :  Metropolitan ( 105 ) at  Atlantic ( -125 ) —- T: 12o-15
    9:15 PM :  Pacific ( -110 ) at  Central ( -110 ) —- T: 12½o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• OttawaCityMadman

@epot said...

correct me if i’m wrong but the final of this is not included in the contest, just the 2 games listed.

correct

• Stangs13

Just saw an interview with Barzal on nhl network. He said he is playing with Oshie and Carlson. Trying to figure how much to tinker. I have Oshie and Barzal in my metro lineups but paired with Jones and not Carlson

• yisman

do we know which goalies are starting?

• OttawaCityMadman

player intros now

• Felixxberg

Starters:

Barzal, Oshie, Carlson, Holtby
    Eichel, Pastrnak, Hedman, Andersen

• Stangs13

Do we know for sure if the starter cant get a win?

• OttawaCityMadman

Not going to see anything until lock. They have a band (AWOLNat) playing, wasting time, during the intros

• OttawaCityMadman

@Stangs13 said...

It would be really hard to do I think

• Felixxberg

@Stangs13 said...

The win goes to the goalie who’s on the ice when the winning goal is scored. It’s a gamble, but given the high event nature of all star games, I assume it’s more likely to go to a second half goalie.

• Felixxberg

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Not going to see anything until lock. They have a band (AWOLNat) playing, wasting time, during the intros

We have the official NHL report here with starters in bold: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20192020/RO040651.HTM

• yisman

@OttawaCityMadman said...

they always start late

for the playoffs, ASG etc

they love wasting time with stupidity beforehand

• Stangs13

@Felixxberg said...

The win goes to the goalie who’s on the ice when the winning goal is scored. It’s a gamble, but given the high event nature of all star games, I assume it’s more likely to go to a second half goalie.

Agreed but in theory a team can get up 2-0 early and never give up the lead, and the starter would get the win right?

• qatman

@Felixxberg said...

True but also ‘maintaining lead’ is directly correlated with ‘giving up fewer goals’ so for GPP it seems fine either way. You’d probably want to pair 1H goalie with a line or multiple skaters from the same team.

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

Since 2016, it happened 2/8 times that the winning goalie was in the first half (in the first games, didn’t look the finals).

• OttawaCityMadman

and commercial 1min till lock lol

• Felixxberg

@Stangs13 said...

Agreed but in theory a team can get up 2-0 early and never give up the lead, and the starter would get the win right?

It’s 3v3 so we have to expect a lot of goals, but indeed, in that case, the first half goalie would win.

• yisman

threw a random lineup in for classic and the same for showdown

I had Rittich in net but I had so much salary left that I went to Vasilevsky

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

Since 2016, it happened 2/8 times that the winning goalie was in the first half (in the first games, didn’t look the finals).

In finals, 1/4 times the first half goalie won.

• OttawaCityMadman

wow, glad I tinkered off Holtby. Had him in 5mins till lock. Went with Rittich

• Syzltuth

4-4 tie so 2nd half goalie will get the win in this one

• Zieg30

@Stangs13 said...

Just saw an interview with Barzal on nhl network. He said he is playing with Oshie and Carlson. Trying to figure how much to tinker. I have Oshie and Barzal in my metro lineups but paired with Jones and not Carlson

I tinkered in one lineup. Switched Hischier to Barzal as I had Oshie-Carlson. Regretting that at the moment!

• OttawaCityMadman

@Zieg30 said...

I tinkered in one lineup. Switched Hischier to Barzal as I had Oshie-Carlson. Regretting that at the moment!

same, I had Hirch with Konec. If I had know they were together I would have kept it.

• yisman

I didn’t bet the over on the first game but I’m betting o12.5 for Game 2

• OttawaCityMadman

YEAH Boston1 and Ott 1 for all the $$$

• yisman

second game locked like 30 minutes early on DK

barely missed getting a lineup in

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler