MAIN FORUM

Comments

• dgballer

So last night I decided to try a NHL GPP on Yahoo and right after the tourney opened up it showed that all goalies were listed as not playing. So i switched to goalies for late games and then it showed that they weren’t playing either. But they didn’t offer to switch to their backups. Then when the games started the goalies that Yahoo claimed were out, were actually playing. I was just wondering if anybody else encountered this as well. Additionally I got a notice from Yahoo saying that they were going to be doing routine Maintenance and that I may experience diffuculties editing LUs(I did some NBA as well). Maybe Daniel from Yahoo could shed some light on this. Because if they are trying to get people to play NHL they might want to rethink the way they do things. With the NBA All Star weekend I thought I might try some NHL but after last night I don’t see it happening

• MrFantasy

It’s always been this way AFAIK. It really confused me at first but I stopped worrying about what Yahoo said about starting goalies and used other sources to confirm the goalie I was selecting was actually going to be in goal for the night.

• castaway1

Yes, this has been happening a lot lately. The other day there were 8 games but about a half-hour before start time Yahoo only had 4 goalies listed as starting and had everyone else not playing. You can’t trust who Yahoo says is starting and have to get that information from other sources.

I haven’t had any problems editing lineups.

• Seahawktom

THis is definitely an issue on Yahoo. I finally learned to check other sites to corroborate starting goalies.

Another big issue is not adding guys to the database in time for starts. Korpisalo for the Blue Jackets wasn’t available as a goalie option the other night, nor was Bjorkstrand. They need someone to be managing the player database daily.

• dgballer

Hey thanks guys, i appreciate it. I just made a lineup and it’s showing that Cam Ward isn’t starting tonight. Hey Daniel from Yahoo how about some clarification on this and you might want to throw us a freeroll in one of your GPPs as to make up for me wasting my dollar last night

• DanielHaight

• Yahoo Representative

Yahoo Representative

We’re aware of the issue and looking into it, thanks for the heads up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get a FREE 3-month subscription to our FanDuel Premium content (a ~$90 value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 3 months. That’s a ~$90 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

Sign up for FantasyDraft through one of our links and say you were referred by “GRINDERS” to receive a cashback bonus of 4% on all entry fees (up to $5,000) for 90 days after your first deposit. You’ll also receive a comped 3-month subscription to our FantasyDraft Premium content, an additional ~$90 value FREE!

Learn More
  • Draft

Create your account using Draft promo code “GRINDERS” and receive a free $3 Entry as well as TONS of exclusive Grinders-only perks.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.