NHL FORUM

• cneary

Hey everyone I’m pretty new to rotogrinders and DFS in general. And I am VERY new to fantasy NHL, so I was hoping to get some feedback on a lineup for a $2 GPP on FanDuel tonight.

LW T. Hertl (San Jose)
    LW C. Kunitz (Pitt)
    RW R. Nash (NYR)
    RW T. Brouwer (WAS)
    C R. Strome (NYI)
    C N. Backstrom (WAS)
    D R. McDonagh (NYR)
    D O. Maatta (Pitt)
    G M. Fleury (Pitt)

Do you normally stack several players from the same team? Where (besides goalie) should I be spending my $$? Thanks for any help!

• astukas

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Ryan Strome plays for the Islanders

• I_Slewfoot_U

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #34

RG Tiered Ranking

• x4

2019 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Not sure if it’s a typo here or something you aren’t aware of but Ryan Strome is on the Islanders not San Jose. For a GPP I’d recommend fading that Crosby line (You have just Kunitz) entirely or really loading up by taking 2 or possibly all 3 of them if you can make it fit.

Right now you have some correlation with a few duos but probably not enough to take down a $2 GPP. I think your team is more suited to a 3-10 player league than a large field GPP.

• amiterin

Not a bad line-up with exposure to Crosby and Ovechkin. Typically you stack players from 2 or 3 teams/lines for GPP, but you can also win by selecting a mix of undervalued players. The probability on hitting on all of them during one particular night is lower then 2 or 3 stacks going off at once.
    As far as goalies, I look for guys that will face a lot of shots with a good probability of winning. Also helps if they have low ownership (i.e Hiller last night)

• cneary

Ooops, yes I corrected Strome’s team…Like I said very new to fantasy hockey and trying to learn the game as well as the players by playing small entry DFS games.

I can see the value in stacking a couple of lines, especially seeing that FanDuel gives points for +/- so a line with a very good night can really lift your team I would think.

As far as goalies go, I chose the 2nd highest favorite with regards to the money line, and I confirmed him as my choice when I saw that Dallas gets off > 30 shots per game, which I believe is a pretty solid number? An added bonus (maybe) is that the biggest favorite, Lundqvist, is cheaper so Fleury may not be too highly owned.

In any case thanks for your help and input.

• blaze1

@cneary said...

I was hoping to get some feedback on a lineup for a $2 GPP

LOL big money on the line, it’s a $2 GPP not like a Major Championship, just roll with your original lineup you never know what will happen.

Guys like Boggs and Pepsi are legit, follow their articles/video. Taking advice from a ton of different guys looking for them to agree with you/you to agree with them is not an optimal way to set you lineup, you’re setting yourself up for failure.

It’s $2 bucks, make a few lineups, have fun, learn, make your own decisions.

• cneary

Ha yes blaze I know it is not a major deal, I am/was looking for objective constructive criticism so that I can speed up the learning curve and begin to make my own profitable decisions. Any feedback that people with more experience can give me is only going to make make decision making better in the future. I will definitely check out Boggs and Pepsi though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).