NHL FORUM

Comments

• Syzltuth

7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 245 ) at  Toronto ( -290 ) —- T: 6o-25
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 115 ) at  St. Louis ( -135 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 110 ) at  Edmonton ( -130 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    10:35 PM :  San Jose ( 160 ) at  Vegas ( -180 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• eaglezzz

Would you rather have Glass/Boeser/Edler OR Tavares/R.Thomas/Hughes on FanDuel?

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I sure hope not! I also hope Late and Tier contests don’t fill. I have some action there too.

It’s in our interest, ultimately, for all DK contests to fill! We want them to keep increasing the size.

• baahstonbotfly

Seen a few references to Blues in general being cheap tonight, but not sure I’ve seen Robert Thomas name mentioned here yet? ( Close your eyes Southie! Lol)

• Zieg30

@eaglezzz said...

I like at least 2/3 correlation of the former, but ultimately prefer the latter combo because of Tavares, and though I have some exposure tonight, I am not as sold as others here on Vancouver’s offensive potential.

• Canuckage

@eaglezzz said...

Glass/Boeser/Edler is definitely better. Glass is a steal on FD if he continues to play L2 and PP1. Not a big fan of Thomas yet and still waiting to see what Hughes can do.

I think the floor for option 1 is a lot higher since Boeser shoots quite often and Edler blocks tons of shots whereas Thomas and Hughes can easily get goose eggs.

• the_shashi

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Just got off work. Good to see everyone back! Familiar (internet) faces :)

Good luck everyone. Hopefully somebody from the forum takes down the 10 and 333 (if you’re playing it)!

• yisman

Having a tough time building a Yahoo lineup.

I don’t want to use Craig Anderson but every other starting goalie is 30 or more!

If I use Mike Smith then I have to use two min-priced Ds.

Ugh.

The Ds are also overpriced.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@the_shashi said...

Hopefully somebody from the forum takes down the 10 and 333 (if you’re playing it)!

And the $150, and the $121, and the $88, and the $40, and the $12, and the $3.

I’m playing all of them but the only ones in which I played more than a single lineup are the $333 (2 lineups) and the $10 (92 lineups). My single lineups are different in every contest, too, so winning them all is kind of impossible.

• OttawaCityMadman

Got one in the $10. Bunch in the $1 and 3max $3. Too bad there isnt many good Satties though

• mr_papageorgio

I was gonna play small tonight but I crushed at poker last night so I’m in the $333 now lol.

Curious as to thoughts on this one: I have VGK1 with Hughes and Pearson as a duo. I could swap either of them for Schmidt. Would you swap and if so which one?

• heaterball

Is Faulk on STL PP1? thats what I’m seeing on daily faceoff, what I read elsewhere that its Taransako and Vince Dunn

• mathewsmarner

I find it funny that even tho the leafs are uber chalk no one is talking about them

• TnCowboy

Good luck and welcome back!

I’m so indecisive. I have a jumbled, non correlated mess. But still think I’ll have fun! Hope to see someone from here at the top!

• mathewsmarner

Im reading much on vegas only cause they’re the home team, sj going to pull this one off without kane

• Zieg30

@mr_papageorgio said...

I was gonna play small tonight but I crushed at poker last night so I’m in the $333 now lol.

Curious as to thoughts on this one: I have VGK1 with Hughes and Pearson as a duo. I could swap either of them for Schmidt. Would you swap and if so which one?

I would swap Hughes, as there is a lot more uncertainty when it comes to his minutes and performance as a rookie, but neither Hughes nor Pearson are very good plays tonight (they are pure GPP plays), so it’s closer to a coinflip.

EDIT: I am also extremely adverse to tinkering, as it hurts so much to switch out the player that would led to a win. Ultimately, in your shoes, I wouldn’t do the swap, despite favouring Schmidt.

• Felixxberg

@mr_papageorgio: I decided to play Schmidt over Hughes because I have a lot of Edler, and we don’t know if Hughes will get 13 minutes or 24. Going with 3 Ds is something most people don’t do, because people are chasing upside instead of floor, but I don’t see it as a bad play if you like your lineup that way. I won $7K last season with a Suter-Werenski-Josi combo.

@heaterball: At practice today, it was Faulk/Pietrangelo/O’Reilly/Perron/Bozak and Dunn/Tarasenko/Schenn/Schwartz/Thomas.

@mathewsmarner: It’s all about who you’ll pair them with. TOR is almost too obvious to be true. I hope SJ doesn’t win because I have a fair lot of VGK.

• mr_papageorgio

@Zieg30 said...

I would swap Hughes, as there is a lot more uncertainty when it comes to his minutes and performance as a rookie, but neither Hughes nor Pearson are very good plays tonight (they are pure GPP plays), so it’s closer to a coinflip.

EDIT: I am also extremely adverse to tinkering, as it hurts so much to switch out the player that would led to a win. Ultimately, in your shoes, I wouldn’t do the swap, despite favouring Schmidt.

You’re talking to the guy who lost about $300k in “tinker equity” during MLB season so trust me I’m well aware lol

I only have 2 Leafs and I’m starting to feel that’s not enough so I might end up blowing the whole thing up. Also my FOMO is growing on Glass, especially since I feel like he’s gonna be insanely high owned. Thanks for the input, as has already been said the NHL forum > all the rest!

• Canuckage

TOR3 anyone?

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

TOR3 anyone?

Not for me, but if they go nuts, it should also mean TOR1 and TOR2 bust, so you’ll have good leverage on everyone. I’m not willing to take that guess/risk, but I can understand it.

• hobbes2d

@yisman said...

Having a tough time building a Yahoo lineup.

I don’t want to use Craig Anderson but every other starting goalie is 30 or more!

If I use Mike Smith then I have to use two min-priced Ds.

Ugh.

The Ds are also overpriced.

Anderson’s not that bad. Senators beat Toronto head to head last year. And beat em twice in preseason. If he gets a win you’ll likely get him low owned.

• Canuckage

@Felixxberg said...

Not for me, but if they go nuts, it should also mean TOR1 and TOR2 bust, so you’ll have good leverage on everyone. I’m not willing to take that guess/risk, but I can understand it.

Yea I am usually not that type to stretch to L3 but might be worth a shot tonight on a 4 game slate. TOR3 has 2/3 on 2nd PP unit but I doubt they’ll see much time. Ended up punting a few LUs with them since you can easily stack them with the most expensive lines tonight.

Good luck to everyone today! Should be a fun one.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

just made one in the $1 to be ready for overlay. Glass $10, Neal $12. There is some value.

Good luck fellas. Let’s have a good year.

• the_shashi

@Canuckage said...

TOR3 anyone?

Not tonight. Maybe when Hyman returns and Kapanen is on L3. I would rather take Ott1 over them at probably same ownership.

• Syzltuth

Just realized the yahoo cup was tonight and scrambled to get my lineups into it

• Wingman

Good luck everyone! Hope someone in here takes down the $10 tournament!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).