Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -140 ) at  Columbus ( 120 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:38 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 150 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -170 ) —- T: 5½u-35
    9:38 PM :  Winnipeg ( 130 ) at  St. Louis ( -150 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    10:38 PM :  San Jose ( 135 ) at  Vegas ( -155 ) —- T: 6½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterday’s DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 results

Felixxberg – 56
    sharksfansd – 50
    sizzlebeans – 46.5
    PitRat – 43.3
    tdn316 – 40.5

• mfetzner

Dang finished in 2nd in the FD Stanley Cup Finals contest. Those two meaningless Barrie shots in the final minute did me in without them I win by a tenth of a point. $1,000 isn’t a bad second place prize but I wanted those tix!

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/71558367

• Felixxberg

I’m back on track! 37/45 lineups in the money in the $10 contest, even with a lot of Bishop. Very decent results in the high stakes contests, too.

I don’t like tonight’s slate at all. The only “sure” thing is STL. Will SJ go with Dell? They probably should!

• hautalak

@Felixxberg said...

The only “sure” thing is STL.

I’m not so sure. I could see a STL win but wouldn’t go so far to say it’s a sure thing.

I really want to jump on TB but not sure it’s really worth it. Maybe a Kuch one off and call it a day. Same with PIT but I am more likely to go with them. Can PIT and TB both really be swept? I think that is the question you build your lineups around today…

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I really want to jump on TB but not sure it’s really worth it

Gotta think they will win tonight, and in all honesty I’m not counting them out for the series, either. CBJ still hasn’t won a playoff series, and they blew a 2-0 lead last year. Psychologically, gotta think that that is in the back of their minds. Needless to say I hope they close it out.

As for PIT, they are a pointless team that is wasting space in the playoff brackets. Wish we could have a do-over, send them home, and give MTL a chance instead.

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Gotta think they will win tonight, and in all honesty I’m not counting them out for the series, either. CBJ still hasn’t won a playoff series, and they blew a 2-0 lead last year. Psychologically, gotta think that that is in the back of their minds. Needless to say I hope they close it out.

As for PIT, they are a pointless team that is wasting space in the playoff brackets. Wish we could have a do-over, send them home, and give MTL a chance instead.

Yeah it’s not out of the realm of possibilities but TB has looked awful!!! And now the CBJ guys (Duchene) are doing what they’re supposed to. And Bob seems to have righted the ship a little. The only “sure” thing IMO is that Kucherov scores a goal tonight! Stamkos is going to find himself on a milk carton after tonight.

You and your PIT hatred! I’m all on board for that but not for DFS reasons like you ;) NYI could be dangerous actually.

• tyman200

@Felixxberg said...

I’m back on track! 37/45 lineups in the money in the $10 contest, even with a lot of Bishop. Very decent results in the high stakes contests, too.

Congrats Felix! I entered 3 lineups in the 10$ and I came 11th. I saw you up there in 3rd. Nice work!

• Felixxberg

@tyman200 said...

Congrats Felix! I entered 3 lineups in the 10$ and I came 11th. I saw you up there in 3rd. Nice work!

Thanks and congrats too! That’s impressive! Those top heavy contests make it hard to win great money though. 11th/4.7K for 8x the buyin isn’t enough for how hard it is!

My 45 lineups were all in the top 42% because I kept a tight core. One of them hit a little more and got me to 3rd place. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have made much money. Even with 37/45 in the money and a 3rd place, I only returned 6.37x my investment in that contest.

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

I’m not so sure. I could see a STL win but wouldn’t go so far to say it’s a sure thing.

I really want to jump on TB but not sure it’s really worth it. Maybe a Kuch one off and call it a day. Same with PIT but I am more likely to go with them. Can PIT and TB both really be swept? I think that is the question you build your lineups around today…

That’s why I don’t like that slate. Have TB and PIT already given up? I can see PIT winning one at home for the fans, but for TB it’s kind of pointless.

The NYI remind me of when I played in a roller hockey tournament where other teams were far greater than my team but we still managed to win some games because of our defensive system. It’s kind of boring to watch/play, but it helps you win games.

• hautalak

@Felixxberg said...

The NYI remind me of when I played in a roller hockey tournament where other teams were far greater than my team but we still managed to win some games because of our defensive system. It’s kind of boring to watch/play, but it helps you win games.

Definitely! Man roller hockey is not easy to pick back up after only playing ice from age like 15 on and going back at like 26 to try and play just as a sub. Honestly needed better (newer) equipment but ice hockey does not translate well to roller IMO. I’m one of the best skaters for ice hockey but man is it rough with roller for me!!!

I think the Isles have that depth up front too. Not necessarily goal scorers like you said but defensive minded players. Their goalie tandem has been impressive this season as well somehow. And yeah I could do without watching this style of hockey but gotta do what you gotta do.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

You and your PIT hatred! I’m all on board for that but not for DFS reasons like you ;) NYI could be dangerous actually.

My DFS based hatred runs deep these days, kinda getting out of control.

At the end of the day, I just want talented, chalky Vegas favorites to do their jobs once in a while and give us lower-stakes DFS players some reliability in our every day lives.

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

At the end of the day, I just want talented, chalky Vegas favorites to do their jobs once in a while and give us lower-stakes DFS players some reliability in our every day lives.

You know better than that! YOLO is the only way to win. Well not really but you get the point.

I think most of my DFS hatred is PGA based. Although TB has roughed me up this playoffs a little. And I’m over the Red Sox but they’ve burned me too haha

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I think most of my DFS hatred is PGA based

That’s funny. I can see that being an issue when there is so much importance placed on having all your guys make the cut…the one jerk who misses it screws up your whole lineup. Mine was Snaedeker for the Masters. But, still too much of a PGA DFS amateur to build up the anger that I have towards the Penguins or Red Sox :)

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

That’s funny. I can see that being an issue when there is so much importance placed on having all your guys make the cut…the one jerk who misses it screws up your whole lineup. Mine was Snaedeker for the Masters. But, still too much of a PGA DFS amateur to build up the anger that I have towards the Penguins or Red Sox :)

Yeah there’s been a lot of guys I’ve been heated at!!! Kuchar tops the list but the last month I came around to playing him again and he’s been fine, not enough to make up the money he cost me last year!

Might just stick with a single bullet tonight as I can see so many different outcomes!

• sizzlebeans

I’m playing the top 2 lines for Vegas and calling it a night.

• hautalak

@sizzlebeans said...

That surely goes against what you “want” to happen haha Worried about the team or goaltending woes?

• sizzlebeans

@hautalak said...

That surely goes against what you “want” to happen haha Worried about the team or goaltending woes?

Goal tending, and the history of them crushing us in their house. I may turn my build into a game stack, but I’ll have at least 4 Kanigit forwards in my line-up.

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

I came back to the forum just now with the sole purpose of asking why nobody mentioned Vegas as the most “sure thing” tonight (and also to see hautalak’s reply to my golf comment) . Glad to see someone else thinking the same thing. You are also setting yourself up for the classic “win/win” DFS/real life scenario where you stack against the hometown team; if they win, great, but if they lose, you can at least win some money to offset the disappointment

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Yeah there’s been a lot of guys I’ve been heated at!!! Kuchar tops the list but the last month I came around to playing him again and he’s been fine, not enough to make up the money he cost me last year!

Might just stick with a single bullet tonight as I can see so many different outcomes!

Wish I had the discipline to stick with the single bullet. Definitely not a MME night for me, but I had to at least throw in a few angry, spiteful PIT/SJ combinations into the .25 on FanDuel just in case.

• sizzlebeans

@PhoFever said...

f they win, great, but if they lose, you can at least win some money to offset the disappointment

unless of course it’s a 1-0 OT loss :D

• benrocket

Crosby is due

• canuck1995

I really like the new tampa lines, particularly the new kuch line. Stamkos/CIrelli/Kuch

• dmsr320

Who to trust? Dailyfaceoff has Sergachev on TB PP1 and Mcdonaugh on TB PP2 while LeftWing lock has them reversed with Mcdonaugh PP1 and Sergachev PP2…SMH

• canuck1995

@dmsr320 said...

Who to trust? Dailyfaceoff has Sergachev on TB PP1 and Mcdonaugh on TB PP2 while LeftWing lock has them reversed with Mcdonaugh PP1 and Sergachev PP2…SMH

As of right now, I’d say Dailyfaceoff. Leftwinglock has lines from the game on the 14th. Dailyfaceoff has tampa bay’s updated lines so I feel like they would have the pp updated correctly too

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.