NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:05 PM :  Montreal ( -115 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    3:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 160 ) at  Minnesota ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    10:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 120 ) at  San Jose ( -140 ) —- T: 120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mathewsmarner

mtl line 1 for me followed by couture/stall

• plaudati

Y do u like mtl 1 wouldn’t u want to go with the cheaper the 2nd line and the hotter line in rd

• mathewsmarner

Y do u like mtl 1 wouldn’t u want to go with the cheaper the 2nd line and the hotter line in rd

cause as a team nyr stinks 5v5
    or
    i can target individual players that have been stinking in the playoffs 5v5 and review shift charts of who is opposing in these stink of a player(s)

braun/paryako/vlasic/sobotka/boumeester/girardi (all guys who stink)
    mcdavid/draisaitl/suter/gallagher/zucker (all guys who face the stink)

• Messiah717

The Rangers have outscored Montreal 10-7 at even strength in the series. Also, the play of Dan Girardi is a big reason they’re where they’re at this point in the series.

• mathewsmarner

Also, the play of Dan Girardi is a big reason they’re where they’re at this point in the series.

but..but..but.. he stinks. And here’s why:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=0&gameType=3&report=skatersummaryshooting&pos=S&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20162017&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=shotAttempts

and the shift chart shows that plekanec/gallagher/byron are staples (maybe u prefer the word ‘glue’) when girardi is on the ice..But..but..but gallagher has the most shots amongst his line

http://www.nhl.com/stats/shiftcharts?id=2016030115

• Messiah717

@mathewsmarner said...

Also, the play of Dan Girardi is a big reason they’re where they’re at this point in the series.

but..but..but.. he stinks. And here’s why:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggregate=0&gameType=3&report=skatersummaryshooting&pos=S&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20162017&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=shotAttempts

There’s no buts. Girardi has been a stud in this series to those actually paying attention. If you’re playing with a constant team or player bias in your head like you obviously have for the Rangers you will lose more often than not.

• mathewsmarner

There’s no buts. Girardi has been a stud in this series to those actually paying attention. If you’re playing with a constant team or player bias in your head like you obviously have for the Rangers you will lose more often than not.

the stats support my cause and that sets precedence

constant team or player bias in your head like you obviously have for the Rangers you will lose more often than not. Thanks for the advice tho but it cleary contradicts what a ‘grinder’ as this website is titled does in that he sticks to it like glue (or would u prefer the word ‘staple’) and that will have u win more often than not!

• Messiah717

@mathewsmarner said...

the stats support my cause and that sets precedence

Which is why you troll instead of actually playing anything.

• mathewsmarner

Which is why you troll instead of actually playing anything.

i’m in the free 200 player tourney on dk as well as the free tourney that offer the measly $3 top prize

you can find me there if ^ wasn’t enough direction for you

you should try the free 200 player sometime, might help you review your game and see where your lineup ‘may’ need improvement

• mathewsmarner

you get the feeling nugent hopkins is going to go on a one game scoring onslaught?

• CheeseBaller82

Hopefully my post can get us all back on track in a much more positive vibe (which I feel is the purpose of this thread)

What are opinions of late swap strategy? Risky early/late?

• AClavel

Why would you take MTL1 when you have Gallagher and Lehkonen doing work right now……

• mathewsmarner

know what i love about watching poker on t.v. is you know what the last hand is because the show has to end
    tonight in game 6 possible elimination game, you know montreal is just going to wack at the puck…they have to score….they have no choice but to

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@CheeseBaller82 said...

Hopefully my post can get us all back on track in a much more positive vibe (which I feel is the purpose of this thread)

What are opinions of late swap strategy? Risky early/late?

I only late swap if one of my early line stacks does okay, but not great, and I want to switch to a 2nd or 3rd line from the late chalk for a chance of having that entry still have a shot at top 10.

• yisman

lost a bunch last night just barely thanks to no block awarded to mcavoy

gonna lose a bunch today too

rotowire and dailyfaceoff said barbeshev starting, player feed had nothing (last update on DK):

04/12/2017 7:58:33 AM EST
    UPDATE: Barbashev centered the top line during Tuesday’s practice and looks like he’ll start in that spot Wednesday, when the Blues and Wild meet in the first round of the playoffs, Tom Timmerman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

========

late scratch

• yisman

barbeshev was a top value if he played

what I went with

C Ivan Barbashev 100% 0 lock

^#%&

• mathewsmarner

based on the stink factor, jason zucker and ryan suter going to go ‘off’ fence on these blues
    going back to montreal having to score, who better than paul byron with his 25% shot success rate

• mathewsmarner

lineup post got deleted

• mathewsmarner

dubynk sucks

• CheeseBaller82

Only if you started him!

• Messiah717

Andrew Shaw out tonight for Montreal.

• mathewsmarner

‘let’s get ready to zuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk it’
    now if only dubnyk can get that win

• mathewsmarner

overtime is great if u have a goalie is it not?
    is that what you guys hope for of your goalies, they carry a shutout into o.t.?
    or just a shutout?
    thank’s for the .6pts dubby

• mathewsmarner

next up is gallagher who is hovering at the same price as ‘zuck it’
    as you can guess i didn’t go mtl 1

• mathewsmarner

based on the stink factor, jason zucker and ryan suter going to go ‘off’ fence on these blues

posted 3 hrs ago by mathewsmarner

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).