6u-20
    9:00 Ari V Edm
    +170
    6o-20
    10:35 Cal V SJ
    +125
    6u-25

• Kuchhhh86

Finish 2nd in the quarter and only .5 to the 1st XD. Nice week with a 1st place, 2nd and 3rd place, can’t complaint

• Blahaaron

@Kuchhhh86 said...

Finish 2nd in the quarter and only .5 to the 1st XD. Nice week with a 1st place, 2nd and 3rd place, can’t complaint

Way to go Kuch!

• Blahaaron

I had EDM1 with SJS3 and it nearly did the trick, just a couple points away from first. If I had known the rangers lines in time I would have made a game with EDM1. Oh well! The rangers annoy me to no end, so congrats on getting that lineup in there!

• Kuchhhh86

@Blahaaron said...

I had EDM1 with SJS3 and it nearly did the trick, just a couple points away from first. If I had known the rangers lines in time I would have made a game with EDM1. Oh well! The rangers annoy me to no end, so congrats on getting that lineup in there!

I saw you with that Suomela kid. I was lucky with NYR1, only play them in 1/20 LU and I pick EDM1

• hautalak

Congrats winners!

I was a bonehead last night and bubbled out with a big 0 from Tokarski (my fault). I’m ready for regular season but I’d like one decent preseason win. I’ll hang in there and be ready to go for the start. I need NFL to treat me well this weekend.

• hautalak

Also I looked at some of the other NHL contests opening night and there is a $0.50 miniMax… C’mon NFL treat me well this weekend so I can throw my hat in the ring with more than 20 lineups! Opening night contests look pretty good though with a 10K Hip Check, 3K Quarter (should be more IMO but could be b/c of miniMax, and some nice 3 entry contests).

I will say this, I think one of us here will take home the 50K but who will it be?!

• Blahaaron

A 3K quarter jukebox 🤪 want

It’s very tempting to blow all my money on the first night but I must restrain myself. It’s gonna be a long season

• Blahaaron

I see the microbooster 🤑

• Blahaaron

I told DraftKings they should have a game where you pay ten cents and can enter up to 10 lineups with a maximum of 1000 total lineups and the winner wins 100 dollars. Do you think that would be very popular enough to fill?

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Also I looked at some of the other NHL contests opening night and there is a $0.50 miniMax… C’mon NFL treat me well this weekend so I can throw my hat in the ring with more than 20 lineups! Opening night contests look pretty good though with a 10K Hip Check, 3K Quarter (should be more IMO but could be b/c of miniMax, and some nice 3 entry contests).

I will say this, I think one of us here will take home the 50K but who will it be?!

I’m not sure how well the mini max is gonna do. All of the people who usually enter 150 lineups won’t be able to because they aren’t allowed to play fifty cent games, and I don’t think players from the other sports will be entering the max either. I see a lot of overlay in that one.

I think felixxberg has the best chance to win the big one. Either way there likely will be a train of winners 🤪

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Blahaaron said...

I told DraftKings they should have a game where you pay ten cents and can enter up to 10 lineups with a maximum of 1000 total lineups and the winner wins 100 dollars. Do you think that would be very popular enough to fill?

DK would just need to hope a lot of Canadians entered so the exchange rate gain makes up for the 0% rake.

• hautalak

@Blahaaron said...

Honestly I would love that and I think most here would and obviously I would play 10 lineups a night… but I do not see it being implemented even if it would fill (it would easily). It seems like they like to use the $0.10 contests as more of “gimmicks” than mainstays. I am not sure the reason but am guessing it has something to do with them thinking their time is wasted for such little rake.

And if there was ever a time to throw your money at anything opening night would be the best for that with contest sizes alone and slate size. Problem for me is I need to win from now until then because I don’t want to have to deposit (but might) for the start of the season. What I need to do next is look at structure because there are some wacky ones out there. I hate when the quarter top prize is not close to 10%, like the $50 top prize for 1.5K prize pool we got used to.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Blahaaron said...

I think felixxberg has the best chance to win the big one.

Thanks for the mention! There are a lot of people who will come back once season starts though (ie. Testosterown).

• hautalak

@Blahaaron said...

I’m not sure how well the mini max is gonna do. All of the people who usually enter 150 lineups won’t be able to because they aren’t allowed to play fifty cent games, and I don’t think players from the other sports will be entering the max either. I see a lot of overlay in that one.

I think felixxberg has the best chance to win the big one. Either way there likely will be a train of winners 🤪

Honestly I think it will fill easily! People love to throw 150 lineups into things. It has worked well for every other sport why not hockey? Also I’m thinking there aren’t too many NHL DFS guys that would be excluded besides Testo, ThatStunna, and maybe a few others. You have to play A LOT in order to be excluded from things.

Yeah I’d say Felix has a good shot along with many others here. At the same time I hope it’s not somebody with 150 winning it (sorry Felix it’s just a principal because I afford that many haha). In fact I’m not even sure I could build 150 lineups because I do things by hand…

Regardless I’m excited for this season and the opening night contests!

• yisman

Showdown had just a small contest and satellites but I swept them with 77.9.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/60713749?uc=1196319250
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/60713748?uc=1196300769
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/60773575?uc=1196310320

• mathewsmarner

tonights thread is up if you guys wish to carry your conversation(s) over there!

• hautalak

@yisman said...

Showdown had just a small contest and satellites but I swept them with 77.9.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/60713749?uc=1196319250
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/60713748?uc=1196300769
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/60773575?uc=1196310320

Way to clean up! You whooped my ass in one of those.

I’m throwing 8 lineups into the ring tonight. I need to do better and the only way I know how is more lineups!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).