NFL FORUM

Comments

• CodeBandit

Unless, I missed something there is no $20 dollar Milly Maker on DK for week 10. There is the $NFL $5M Main Event Millionaire [$1M to 1st], which only has 12.5 entries, buy-in is $444. This is tempting but at $444 a piece I suspect only the sharks and pros can really afford multi entries.

Thoughts, does anyone remember if DK did this last year. There really should do a better job of promoting things like this so it does not come as a surprise.

• Dome92

Yeah they had one similar to it last year. Only 12,500 entries is pretty tempting..

• mailnurs

SUCKS!! Only rich ppl allowed to win big this week. What a perfect week too LOL TRUMPTRUMP. They should rename it the CONDIA MILLY MAKER as he has 150 enteries. Id bet hes the only one who has the funds to do that. I love the $20 millymaker too those greedy bastards!

• CleverGroom

@mailnurs said...

They should rename it the CONDIA MILLY MAKER as he has 150 enteries. Id bet hes the only one who has the funds to do that.

He’s not. And a lot of the people who spend significant money chasing the huge, asymmetrical payouts lose five figures a year doing it. Maybe most of them. There’s a lot more of them than there are Milly winners each year.

The mode for number of entries to win the Milly each week is one (1).

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

Well, the other way to look at is if your odds of winning a million dollars went from 1/231,213 (0.0004%) to 1/12,500 (0.008%). You just need an extra $424 now to play.

• Touchole

So, What happens to the people who received a free entry into it this week?

Last week DK sent out e-mails offering a free ticket to this weeks milly maker if you submitted another entry.

• CleverGroom

@Touchole said...

So, What happens to the people who received a free entry into it this week?

Last week DK sent out e-mails offering a free ticket to this weeks milly maker if you submitted another entry.

Boy, I didn’t get that email. I wonder if it was a spearphisher or something.

• PujolsJunkie

I won a $3 satty into the Main Event, so hopefully my single bullet gets it done!

• CodeBandit

Good Luck, I will probably through in a dart and see how it does.

• donkshow

RG Overall Ranking

@mailnurs said...

SUCKS!! Only rich ppl allowed to win big this week. What a perfect week too LOL TRUMPTRUMP. They should rename it the CONDIA MILLY MAKER as he has 150 enteries. Id bet hes the only one who has the funds to do that. I love the $20 millymaker too those greedy bastards!

:(

• bgilges

It was for a $20 ticket to get in the $20 3 Max entry

• bgilges

@bgilges said...

It was for a $20 ticket to get in the $20 3 Max entry

@Touchole

• walkoff9

They have been running satellites across multiple sports for several weeks now.

• wolfjb1

I would love to enter it, but for a fish like me, there’s no f_cking way I’m dropping $444. It’s not that I can’t afford it, it’s just way too risky. And it’s gonna be 98% filled by the multi-entry pros/sharks/sharps, so why bother?

With that said, it makes me wonder how much cash some of these pros have lying around. I heard CSURAMs88 say he’s gonna max enter and I’m sure he won’t be the only one.

• KillaChap

@wolfjb1 said...

I would love to enter it, but for a fish like me, there’s no f_cking way I’m dropping $444. It’s not that I can’t afford it, it’s just way too risky. And it’s gonna be 98% filled by the multi-entry pros/sharks/sharps, so why bother?

With that said, it makes me wonder how much cash some of these pros have lying around. I heard CSURAMs88 say he’s gonna max enter and I’m sure he won’t be the only one.

I’m with you. I won’t even play the $20 millymaker more than once or twice a year. That being said, it would be sweet to see an average schmo win this thing. Best of luck to anyone with the cohonas to try it.

• prpmgroup

If my math is correct to Max enter the Milly, it would be 150 entries x $444 = $66,600.

Kind of ominous with the “666” lol

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

If you look at the current list of entrants, there are actually a lot of people with no experience badge, meaning it is attracting new players. I see did a quick scan and saw at least three people with 100+ entries.

Guess I’ll just keep my $66,600 and use it for other things, like paying my mortgage and living.

• baggerly

Just to let you know they have been running satellites for this for weeks in all sports. Most of the guys that have 75+ entries probably have won most of those through sats. Now how much they have spent on the satellites I have no idea.

• buzzkilloton

Just gonna have to 2x your buyin and go for the 44 100k for first gpp instead. Yeah its not a million but alot better chances of hitting that 100k then that mill.

• CleverGroom

@buzzkilloton said...

Just gonna have to 2x your buyin and go for the 44 100k for first gpp instead. Yeah its not a million but alot better chances of hitting that 100k then that mill.

On the contrary.

If you check the stats, you’ll find that as entry fees increase and the size of the field shrinks, the scores required to cash and win diminish. It’s likely to be significantly easier to win the $444 contest with 12.5k entrants, versus the $44 contest with 32.8k entrants. By the same token, it’ll be easier to take down the $44 contest than the $4 contest with 588.2k entrants. You’re practically buying lottery tickets at that point.

Note also that the $444 tournament has a 9.91% rake, $44 is 13.39%, and $4 is 14.99%. There’s simply no question: your EV is higher buying in at $444 than it is at $44 or $4.

If you’re going to try and argue that the $444 is shark-infested, check those stats too. CONDIA has 150 entries in each tournament. That’s $73,800 from one guy who thinks you’re not going to win any of them. He’s not the only one.

If you want to play matchups, pick out some juicy H2Hs. GPPs are more about playing the numbers, and the numbers say you should prioritize $444 entries if your bankroll can swing it.

• buzzkilloton

Yeah i know that. Thats why i said the chances of hitting the 100k for first tourney would be easier then hitting a million(the standard 20.00 million) I wasnt talking about the 444.00 milion that contest prices out most players besides pros and guys who won a satty. .

• billholler

@CleverGroom said...

If you’re going to try and argue that the $444 is shark-infested, check those stats too. CONDIA has 150 entries in each tournament. That’s $73,800 from one guy who thinks you’re not going to win any of them. He’s not the only one.

Assuming he is only using one of his DK accounts.

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

There’s still 46 hours until kickoff but it’s interesting that there’s 72% overlay. I’m sure it will get close to filling as there are probably some big players who haven’t entered yet, but I’m curious to watch how much overlay (if any) there ends up being.

• CleverGroom

@billholler said...

Assuming he is only using one of his DK accounts.

I didn’t even account for CONDIA not being the only CONDIA. That adds a troubling new texture to this whole affair.

Let’s make sure we get this overlay situation taken care of. I don’t want to wind up blowing half my bankroll Sunday morning because my lizard brain can’t do EV math.

• chaffy

Hopefully the milly maker is gone for good. Such a crap pay structure. Wish they had a gridiron with 30k entries with a nice flatter payout. Wouldn’t that be nice?? I know its all been said before but when I see a thread like this I like to bring it up in hopes that it catches on with DK or FD since nobody plays anywhere else.

• CleverGroom

@chaffy said...

Hopefully the milly maker is gone for good.

It’s their marquee contest and they’re still selling satellites for it, so I’m gonna guess that’s a nope.

I mostly wish I had the money to play the higher buy-in stuff. Smaller rakes, fewer entries, lower money lines and winning scores…plus, then I’d have lots of money. Which is kind of the point in the first place.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler