INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• FrancisBooth

What a great way to start the weekend…….NOT!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/12/11/judge-orders-draftkings-shut-down-new-york/p4B99SqAYbaTFzsU2HhZNK/story.html?p1=BGHeader_SmartBar_Breaking

MOD NOTE: Do not make any post regarding “offshore dfs” or ways to circumvent any blocks put in place. All such posts will be deleted

• electrichaz3

Oddly enough on a Friday. Black Friday yet again

• D4RTHPH4D4R

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

Feels like a Blount week.

• DC2021

overlay!

• liwvu13

I think they still have 30 days before they have to shut down.

• ClownShoes

I truly believe a Bill is coming to legalize this after the long meeting they had Tuesday. The problem is we gotta wait till after the new year for anything to get done. Beyond absurd.

• Lohara

Noooooooooooooooo

• FrancisBooth

@liwvu13 said...

I think they still have 30 days before they have to shut down.

Yes it does look like that. I am anxious for a dk statement for sure. I really don’t want to have to go back to a ‘real job.’

• Cityworkout

@FrancisBooth said...

Yes it does look like that. I am anxious for a dk statement for sure. I really don’t want to have to go back to a ‘real job.’

I would take 30 days at this rate if I could still play in NY.

• aka_the_goat

@DC2021 said...

overlay!

You are a real jerk!

• louiescards

DK KoTH winner

MOD NOTE: Do not make any post regarding “offshore dfs” or ways to circumvent any blocks put in place. All such posts will be deleted

• deactivated84892

Such a blatant display of corruption.

• Queens819

Just opened up FanDuel and it said I’m not allowed to play anymore :(
    Good thing I cashed out my $600 winnings from this weekend.

• D4RTHPH4D4R

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

Such a Blountant display of corruption.

• Richebee

RIP New York. Doesn’t government suck? It must suck to be told what you can and can not do.

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

DoKNY

• kellykip

damn. so sickening this whole thing is

Francesa is gonna be absolutely intolerable with his patting himself on the back today. not that he isn’t intolerable already.

I don’t get the ‘overlay!’ post. Does anyone outside of NY actually think this is a happy development?

• pinstripeblue

is yahoo still playable in NY?

• mretrade

So will draftkings continue to operate in NY during the appeal? Since they are not based in NY, can they really enforce an injunction of this nature?

If we do have 30 days, I like really don’t want to continue playing for the 30 days. I am happy with my account balance and don’t want to donk it off knowing i have a time limit.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Oh yay… right before I go back home to Buffalo for the weekend.

So glad I moved out of that state.

• liwvu13

Their goal is to shut down Fanduel and Draftkings and force them into bankruptcy. Once that happens, they will start a state regulated DFS site where the government can make all the money. Its so corrupt that its almost laughable.

• maxeernst

@mretrade said...

So will draftkings continue to operate in NY during the appeal? Since they are not based in NY, can they really enforce an injunction of this nature?

If we do have 30 days, I like really don’t want to continue playing for the 30 days. I am happy with my account balance and don’t want to donk it off knowing i have a time limit.

Technically they can run for 30 days. But they may shut down to show good faith. Unclear.

Legislature will take forever but regulation should come eventually.

We are getting screwed though :(

• bookersnookers

@Richebee said...

RIP New York. Doesn’t government suck? It must suck to be told what you can and can not do.

If you think other States are not going to follow you are pretty naive

• mretrade

@maxeernst said...

Technically they can run for 30 days. But they may shut down to show good faith. Unclear.

Legislature will take forever but regulation should come eventually.

We are getting screwed though :(

So no way we can play after the 30 days if this gets locked up in court?

Like the appeal itself won’t make Draftkings to choose to operate despite today’s ruling?

Its an injunction really enforceable in this case. Thats what I am interested in.

I guess we won’t know for sure what draftkings plans are until they send out a latter or take action.

I think there is at least some chance they continue to operate in NY during the appeal unless this is seriously enforceable.

• FrancisBooth

@liwvu13 said...

Their goal is to shut down Fanduel and Draftkings and force them into bankruptcy. Once that happens, they will start a state regulated DFS site where the government can make all the money. Its so corrupt that its almost laughable.

That’s a time to consider a different hobby/career path.

• donkshow

WELP.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).