INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• FantasyDraftSupport

• FantasyDraft Representative

Hey Grinders,

Let this serve as an official thread for any questions, concerns, feedback about our new model. I will monitor frequently and get back to all of you. We are excited to be able to bring you this new model which will save players of all levels money that is lost to rake elsewhere.

Thanks for playing on FantasyDraft!

• jjwd

@dylandreadful said...

and the fact that they dont offer any late swap for any sport

Very nice to have a site without late swap. A good option for casual and/or busy people. Hope it never changes!

• joephoto

@FantasyDraft_Rep said...

Great question, all plans are monthly so you have until 12am PT the following month

So my monthly plan would start on the day I sign up for it for 30 days, or on the 1st of every month ?

• FantasyDraftSupport

@joephoto said...

So my monthly plan would start on the day I sign up for it for 30 days, or on the 1st of every month ?

Correct. Starts the day you sign up.

• dylandreadful

why did you stop offering freerolls? When will the late swap go into affect?

• FantasyDraftSupport

@dylandreadful said...

Late swap will not be in affect this NFL season.

• mtdurham

First of all, great innovation. The rake on other sites is absolutely crippling and if we players don’t vote with our feet nothing is going to change this. We should probably all create an account over there by NFL season and at least give it a try.

Saying “the prize pools aren’t big enough” isn’t a valid excuse if we’re not willing to TRY playing there and growing the prize pools first.

There is nothing quite like sitting down to watch football on Sunday and seeing “Winning $841” and realize you just paid $159 in rake which quite frankly is a ridiculous amount of rake given the difficulty of the games to begin with. I can’t even imagine if I put $100k in play and saw “Winning $84,100” at kickoff. I’d swallow my tongue.

One major concern is that subscription models in the online poker world were shark infested. They were never quite able to draw in the casual players with a subscription based model. I’m not sure if it was due to lack of advertising budget or the subscription fees being a turn off… Just something to keep in mind because it is probably the biggest headwind your company faces…

Regardless , as players we need to try this. if it works it could put serious downward pressure on rake across the industry and spur other innovation as well. Do your part to Help create big prize pools at FantasyDraft and then casuals are more likely to stumble upon it and participate down the line.

• FantasyDraftSupport

@mtdurham said...

First of all, great innovation. The rake on other sites is absolutely crippling and if we players don’t vote with our feet nothing is going to change this. We should probably all create an account over there by NFL season and at least give it a try.

Saying “the prize pools aren’t big enough” isn’t a valid excuse if we’re not willing to TRY playing there and growing the prize pools first.

There is nothing quite like sitting down to watch football on Sunday and seeing “Winning $841” and realize you just paid $159 in rake which quite frankly is a ridiculous amount of rake given the difficulty of the games to begin with. I can’t even imagine if I put $100k in play and saw “Winning $84,100” at kickoff. I’d swallow my tongue.

One major concern is that subscription models in the online poker world were shark infested. They were never quite able to draw in the casual players with a subscription based model. I’m not sure if it was due to lack of advertising budget or the subscription fees being a turn off… Just something to keep in mind because it is probably the biggest headwind your company faces…

Regardless , as players we need to try this. if it works it could put serious downward pressure on rake across the industry and spur other innovation as well. Do your part to Help create big prize pools at FantasyDraft and then casuals are more likely to stumble upon it and participate down the line.

Correct. This is the best thing for this industry moving forward. We love this industry – and know the players do too. By eliminating rake and the crippling effect it has on everyone’s bankroll – we are making a groundbreaking move to help the players both long and short term!

With regards to contest sizes, and players migrating to help us grow – absolutely! I would like to add – you- the players – will have L,OOO,OOOTS of reasons to be on FantasyDraft in Week 1 and beyond!

• Flyinpillowmonsta

Any timetable with you dudes getting back to me regarding the $5,000 in bonus money that disappeared from my account. You sent me an email saying you would get back to me shortly but you still havent and it is has been about 5 days. Was just hoping for some clarity on the situation. Thanks.

• FantasyDraftSupport

@Flyinpillowmonsta said...

Any timetable with you dudes getting back to me regarding the $5,000 in bonus money that disappeared from my account. You sent me an email saying you would get back to me shortly but you still havent and it is has been about 5 days. Was just hoping for some clarity on the situation. Thanks.

Hey Flyinpillowmonsta,

Yep we are in the process of responding and will be emailing you shortly. Ive communicated with the appropriate people and this is in the process of being handled. Thx!

• ColonialRampage

1. Is the 3% processing fee on all deposits new?

If so, that takes some of the joy out of rake-free. I know some people drive your costs up by moving money in and out all the time, but as someone who had money on both FantasyHub and FantasyAces when they went belly up, I don’t like leaving money on sites during off seasons (I play primarily basketball and football). 3% isn’t huge, but it definitely makes it harder to pull the trigger and reload my account. Maybe consider 1 fee-free deposit per 6 or 12 months?

2. What is the processing for downgrading or cancelling a membership?

Again, being a seasonal player I don’t want to be paying a membership from June-August when I’m not going to be playing. If that’s easily customizable on a monthly basis I’m much more interested.

• Deadwalrus911

Unsustainable business model…in effect a 1% gross margin, this is unsustainable in any business. I personally wouldnt leave much money in there. This could go belly up at any moment. Seems like an act of desperation by a site struggling to stay relevant and history has proven this. Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

• FantasyDraft_Rep

@Deadwalrus911 said...

Unsustainable business model…in effect a 1% gross margin, this is unsustainable in any business. I personally wouldnt leave much money in there. This could go belly up at any moment. Seems like an act of desperation by a site struggling to stay relevant and history has proven this. Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

You may recall that we bailed out FantasyAces and made sure their players were take care of.

Also, keep in mind that DFS is now a highly regulated industry. We, as a licensed operator, have very strict requirements and are audited monthly to insure players funds are segregated and protected at all times. Players should definitely be careful where they play and deposit their money which is why we would recommend only playing on licensed sites. Especially in states like PA, NY, MO and TN where the process is very stringent and in all of which we are a licensed operator.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

@ColonialRampage said...

1. Is the 3% processing fee on all deposits new?

If so, that takes some of the joy out of rake-free. I know some people drive your costs up by moving money in and out all the time, but as someone who had money on both FantasyHub and FantasyAces when they went belly up, I don’t like leaving money on sites during off seasons (I play primarily basketball and football). 3% isn’t huge, but it definitely makes it harder to pull the trigger and reload my account. Maybe consider 1 fee-free deposit per 6 or 12 months?

2. What is the processing for downgrading or cancelling a membership?

Again, being a seasonal player I don’t want to be paying a membership from June-August when I’m not going to be playing. If that’s easily customizable on a monthly basis I’m much more interested.

1-The processing fee is a direct offset of our cost related to your deposit. Effective rake is worlds lower than anything else out there when you factor in costs related to playing with us. See the comment above regarding the safety of your money on FantasyDraft.

2-You can downgrade or stop your membership at any time. Both will go into affect on the next billing date.

BIIIIIG things coming this week, keep an eye on the lobby!

• FantasyDraft_Rep

@dylandreadful said...

Freerolls coming this week!

• FantasyDraftSupport

Additionally, any player who wishes to deposit a larger amount is able to do so free of charge via wire by contacting support at Support@fantasydraft.com

• Deadwalrus911

I am not questioning your integrity i am questioning what business in the universe can sustain itself on a 1% GROSS margin?

It is against the laws of physics, nature and economics. INMHO

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #3

RG Tiered Ranking

@Deadwalrus911 said...

I am not questioning your integrity i am questioning what business in the universe can sustain itself on a 1% GROSS margin?

It is against the laws of physics, nature and economics. INMHO

This is like saying PayPal has a ~1% gross margin

• Deadwalrus911

Gross Margin % is calculated as gross profit divided by its revenue. Therefore, PayPal Holdings’s Gross Margin % for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2019 was 45.55%. … PayPal Holdings Inc gross margin has been in long term decline. And FD aint paypal!

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #3

RG Tiered Ranking

@Deadwalrus911 said...

Gross Margin % is calculated as gross profit divided by its revenue. Therefore, PayPal Holdings’s Gross Margin % for the quarter that ended in Jun. 2019 was 45.55%. … PayPal Holdings Inc gross margin has been in long term decline. And FD aint paypal!

That’s my point though. You wouldn’t count all the entry fees as revenue and prizes as an expense just like Paypal doesn’t count every dollar that flows through them as a revenue and offsetting expense.

• dylandreadful

you promise?
    none for today i see

• noddy

I hope people give this a shot and supports what they are trying to do. The industry needs this.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

@noddy said...

I hope people give this a shot and supports what they are trying to do. The industry needs this.

We couldn’t agree more, 16% rake is unsustainable for players. Rake-free is good for EVERY players regardless of level of play. And, with the contest lineup we will be launching for WK1 there will be no reason not to give it a shot. Keep an eye on the lobby later this week!

• icemanyeee

gwt rid of the top player in the $1 games. gpps h2h 3 mans…sheesh

• dylandreadful

still no freerolls?

• FantasyDraft_Rep

You are going to have to be patient but you will like what you see when posted!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler