INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• FantasyDraftSupport

• FantasyDraft Representative

Hey Grinders,

Let this serve as an official thread for any questions, concerns, feedback about our new model. I will monitor frequently and get back to all of you. We are excited to be able to bring you this new model which will save players of all levels money that is lost to rake elsewhere.

Thanks for playing on FantasyDraft!

• dylandreadful

thats what she said….

• FantasyDraftSupport

@FantasyDraft_Rep said...

You are going to have to be patient but you will like what you see when posted!

Like, R,eal,lly like what you see….

• mambaland

H2H games are already rake free so do they count towards the amount we are allowed to play monthly.? Seems h2h should be excluded IMO

• mambaland

will there be a withdraw and deposit fee or just deposit?

• FantasyDraftSupport

@mambaland said...

will there be a withdraw and deposit fee or just deposit?

No fee to withdraw your funds.

Deposit fee is 3% and is solely to cover our processing costs given the fact that we are offering all games as Rake Free. For players who wish to deposit larger amounts, you are able to wire free of charge.

• FantasyDraftSupport

All entry fees count towards your monthly spend based on what plan you have.

• sjupoker

What deposit amount is considered large enough to warrant a wire transfer?

• FantasyDraft_Rep

Any amount over $2K.

• dylandreadful

@FantasyDraftSupport said...

Like, R,eal,lly like what you see….

• selorogacevo

Fantasy Draft
    $ 1,000,000 GPP
    And
    Rake Free

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #3

RG Tiered Ranking

I like what you guys are doing, but this tweet is a lie
    https://twitter.com/FantasyDraft/status/1159646185843494917

• jigandreel

The best thing going in DFS. The announced NFL games are awesome.

$20 entry – 50,000 entries – $1M prize pool – 10% to top spot. Min cash at 2X. Pays 10,000 spots. Rake Free
    $4 entry – 25,000 entries – $100K prize pool – 10% to top spot. Min cash at 2X. Pays 5,000 spots. Rake Free

$5 entry (50/50) with 10,000 entries (and 1/2 truly double up)

If DFS players don’t support this venture at Fantasy Draft, they have no business ever complaining about rake again.

• mtdurham

@jigandreel said...

The best thing going in DFS. The announced NFL games are awesome.

$20 entry – 50,000 entries – $1M prize pool – 10% to top spot. Min cash at 2X. Pays 10,000 spots. Rake Free
    $4 entry – 25,000 entries – $100K prize pool – 10% to top spot. Min cash at 2X. Pays 5,000 spots. Rake Free

$5 entry (50/50) with 10,000 entries (and 1/2 truly double up)

If DFS players don’t support this venture at Fantasy Draft, they have no business ever complaining about rake again.

wow… impressed with that offering.

A rake free $100k to first?

that would be sick if sustainable for the year…

• dylandreadful

@FantasyDraft_Rep said...

Freerolls coming this week!

today is last day of week?
    why did you say there would be freerolls this week?

• FantasyDraft_Rep

Our week ends Sunday ; )

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Will FantasyDraft offer college football? Pretty please?

• dylandreadful

you sure ? week is almost over

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #3

RG Tiered Ranking

@jlowery73 said...

Will FantasyDraft offer college football? Pretty please?

Pretty pretty please

• FantasyDraft_Rep

The 6 days sounds like a bug related to your original 7 day trail on the Starter plan. Entry fees should show on your membership usage bar and of course be deducted from your account. We will look to it this and get it fixed. If your username differs from the one above please reach out to support@fantasydraft.com and let us know your username.

Thanks for reaching out.

• Deadwalrus911

Paypal actually works on a 4% gross margin of all money into their ecosystem and they dont have $2000 a day in lost guarantees, tens of thousands being spent on advertising, nor do they have to provide free rolls and still they need a 4% gross margin to pay employees, taxes, legal and accounting. This site cant make it on a 1% gross margin, no business can and i wouldnt leave more than a $600 on it

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@nickps said...

Pretty pretty please

Pretty pretty pretty please

• DFSx42

@Deadwalrus911 said...

Paypal actually works on a 4% gross margin of all money into their ecosystem and they dont have $2000 a day in lost guarantees, tens of thousands being spent on advertising, nor do they have to provide free rolls and still they need a 4% gross margin to pay employees, taxes, legal and accounting. This site cant make it on a 1% gross margin, no business can and i wouldnt leave more than a $600 on it

Deadwalrus, I’m sorry man, but what you state is absurdly ignorant.

1. What Fantasy Draft is doing is highly scalable – they don’t need to hire an additional laborer for each new contest. Their costs of operating with 10,000 players paying monthly membership fees is basically going to be the same as if they have 1 million players paying membership fees.

2. They are 100% going to lose money in the short term to do this, but that is typical for businesses that are pivoting and/or disrupting.

3. Their advertising costs are not what you think they are. Their affiliate fees are much lower than DK and FD, hence why not nearly as many touts bother to promote them. A lot of the rake you paid at the other sites was to fulfill pre-existing contracts with the site that referred you to them. Fantasy Draft doesn’t operate like that, they let their rake structure do most of the talking.

4. Paypal lost millions and millions before it was profitable. Far more than Fantasy Draft will lose during this pivot. Before they made any revenue, they gave all 5 million new users $10 just for signing up. They easily went through over 200 million dollars of funding before getting acquired.

Please, just stop with all this nonsense. You aren’t one of their investors, you aren’t part of management, you are just speculating and doing so nonsensically as well.

• selorogacevo

@Deadwalrus911 said...

That’s not even close to being true
    Did u just make that up???
    PayPal charges around 3% all in and is on the discovery network, so they have to pay interchange fees, after those fees
    They make 1% 1-1/2% that’s it
    They work on volume (obviously lots of it)

Fantasy Draft is attempting to do the exact same thing, there is no reason why everyone won’t play there now, with every contest Rake Free, why would anyone play any where else???
    Good Luck either way

• blabbles

Out of curiosity why did you stop offering the 4-man 50/50s? I generally avoided those because I didn’t want to pay the rake; if playing cash I either went for the larger contests or (to avoid rake in the earlier format) the H2H. I figured I’d jump in on a handful of those small games each day when they dropped the rake but now they don’t exist.

• blabbles

@selorogacevo said...

Fantasy Draft is attempting to do the exact same thing, there is no reason why everyone won’t play there now, with every contest Rake Free, why would anyone play any where else???

Because most players don’t understand rake or the impact it has on your bankroll…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler