INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• FantasyDraftSupport

• FantasyDraft Representative

Hey Grinders,

Let this serve as an official thread for any questions, concerns, feedback about our new model. I will monitor frequently and get back to all of you. We are excited to be able to bring you this new model which will save players of all levels money that is lost to rake elsewhere.

Thanks for playing on FantasyDraft!

• SkateFiend

Will there be larger quarter contests with top prize being around $50-100?

• FantasyDraftSupport

@whodat2 said...

And do you, or will you have “user created leagues”?

Yes, we have user created leagues

• FantasyDraftSupport

@SkateFiend said...

Will there be larger quarter contests with top prize being around $50-100?

Our Week 1 $0.25 contest is the $7,500 Quarterback – with a top prize of $750.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

@whodat2 said...

And do you, or will you have “user created leagues”?

We do have the option to create contests. Look for “Create Contest” which is right under the main NFL sort option in the lobby.

• usagambler

What is the best promo code to use? Is there a deposit bonus for new users?

• JOC56

I signed up under a 7 day free trial (Starter Plan) and funded my account. Will I be asked to pick a membership level after that?

• yisman

@JOC56 said...

I signed up under a 7 day free trial (Starter Plan) and funded my account. Will I be asked to pick a membership level after that?

if you get to $100 entries in a month, yes.

Your first hundred in entry fees are free.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

You signed up for the Starter Plan which has a $1000 entry fee limit. The 7day free trial means you can enter up to $1000 in entries during the 7 day trial without paying the $5.99 membership fee. Once the trial is over you will be charged the monthly fee and your $1000 entry fee limit will be reset to 0 and you have a full month from that day forward.

• JOC56

Thanks!

• dylandreadful

How about an AWESOME MLB freeroll fore some NFL tickets!!!!!

• whodat2

3% fee to deposit funds via Paypal…. Wow.

• gridironguru99

Trying to do the math on this vs keeping action with DK. I really want to go with you guys but I tend to play a few high dolllars on an NFL Sunday so if I have north of $2k of monthly action , my initial deposit of say $2k has a $60 fee (3% fee) and the $20 monthly membership. Every contest I play on DK has an 6-8% rake so in theory, at my level I should be playing with Fantasy Draf

• FantasyDraft_Rep

You pay rake every time you make an entry on that deposit assuming you have winnings. With us you pay the 3% one time and no rake on every entry. Your going to lose a lot more than 6-8% of your bankroll over time if you can continue to play off of the initial 2K deposit. Come on over we would love to have you!

• crazyivan24

RG Overall Ranking

If I have multiple lineups in FANTASYDRAFT. How can I tell how much “contest entry fees” I am entering in each contest?! I couldn’t find this on the app or the browser. In DraftKings and Fanduel, I can tell easily in the app how much I am risking for EACH lineup.

Please advise.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

If you go to your Account page then Settings you will see a My Contests setting that says “Show entry fees paid on My Contest page”. Select that and you will see entry fees for both Upcoming and Completed tabs.

• dylandreadful

@FantasyDraft_Rep said...

If you go to your Account page then Settings you will see a My Contests setting that says “Show entry fees paid on My Contest page”. Select that and you will see entry fees for both Upcoming and Completed tabs.

i remember you folks running an nfl freeroll every week last year, is that no longer the case since you already have been so generous with all the giveaways so far?

• Jvanspro

Why is everyone on here clammering for freerolls? This site is doing everything to make the industry better for the player. Have you seen the payouts? They are flatter and soooo much better. Don’t forget this is a company trying to turn a profit as well. The monthly fees are very reasonable.

If you aren’t filling these contests and playing over on DK and FD and complaining about rake, that’s on you. You have a great rake feee option here. Support this company who is giving the player a voice.

Rant over

• kidzero

FANTASY DRAFT…No MLB Sunday slates. Will that be the case going forward for the remainder of the MLB season? Any particular reason for this omission?

• whodat2

I would like to point out that I finished 20th in a 40 man $100 50/50….. paid back $200. On the other sites, that would have been a 44 man contest and I would have not cashed. “Rake Free” has already paid off for me, and covered several months of “membership monthly fees” with that $200. This is good.

the cons were that the live scoring froze during the contests three times. Hopefully this is just from growing pains. Also….. what is with the referee graphic telling me that I have stopped watching live scoring, and I have to click to resume. I don’t want to click. I like to leave my laptop up and watch the games on the tube…. please make this feature go away.

Anyway, My 2 cents
    Whodat

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #14

RG Tiered Ranking

Will the membership fees be included offsetting winnings for tax purposes in the 1099s?

• yisman

@kidzero said...

FANTASY DRAFT…No MLB Sunday slates. Will that be the case going forward for the remainder of the MLB season? Any particular reason for this omission?

It was like this last year as well.

They feel that during NFL there is not enough interest to run the MLB slate.

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@nickps said...

Will the membership fees be included offsetting winnings for tax purposes in the 1099s?

Interested in this as well

I’ve been keeping track of the Deposit fees and the membership fees for business expenses

• selorogacevo

@britdevine said...

Interested in this as well

I’ve been keeping track of the Deposit fees and the membership fees for business expenses

It’s a cost so it should be deducted from any winnings, almost positive
    BUT
    Not a tax expert

• selorogacevo

@whodat2 said...

I would like to point out that I finished 20th in a 40 man $100 50/50….. paid back $200. On the other sites, that would have been a 44 man contest and I would have not cashed. “Rake Free” has already paid off for me, and covered several months of “membership monthly fees” with that $200. This is good.

the cons were that the live scoring froze during the contests three times. Hopefully this is just from growing pains. Also….. what is with the referee graphic telling me that I have stopped watching live scoring, and I have to click to resume. I don’t want to click. I like to leave my laptop up and watch the games on the tube…. please make this feature go away.

Anyway, My 2 cents
    Whodat

Both excellent points, I am sure there are a few growing pains with all the new players and huge contests
    BUT
    If they can iron out some wrinkles, then NOTHING better than a rake free (no contest fees) for all the players
    THAT IS HUGE

• whodat2

@selorogacevo said...

It’s a cost so it should be deducted from any winnings, almost positive
    BUT
    Not a tax expert

Absolutely…. and as a business owner, you can get really creative… like writing off that new PC that you needed to do your research. ETC.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).