INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• FantasyDraftSupport

• FantasyDraft Representative

Hey Grinders,

Let this serve as an official thread for any questions, concerns, feedback about our new model. I will monitor frequently and get back to all of you. We are excited to be able to bring you this new model which will save players of all levels money that is lost to rake elsewhere.

Thanks for playing on FantasyDraft!

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

I’ve been told from support that the fees will not offset winnings. I’m no tax expert, but this is frustrating as it is really just replacing rake in my eyes. Not good for the small time players. Guess it is time to start tracking my DFS expenses.

• Jvanspro

@nickps said...

I’ve been told from support that the fees will not offset winnings. I’m no tax expert, but this is frustrating as it is really just replacing rake in my eyes. Not good for the small time players. Guess it is time to start tracking my DFS expenses.

Not even close to replacing rake. Why is math so difficult for some people. You are way ahead playing on a rake free site.

• nickps

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

@Jvanspro said...

Not even close to replacing rake. Why is math so difficult for some people. You are way ahead playing on a rake free site.

I probably should have quoted my original, but that wasn’t my point. I wasn’t saying the new format isn’t incredible for players. I have shifted 90% of my play there. I just feel like for 1099 purposes the membership fee should be treated as an offset to your profit.

• selorogacevo

@nickps said...

I probably should have quoted my original, but that wasn’t my point. I wasn’t saying the new format isn’t incredible for players. I have shifted 90% of my play there. I just feel like for 1099 purposes the membership fee should be treated as an offset to your profit.

You can deduct as a expense for sure 100%, it’s a cost for players, the only question is If Fantasy Draft can put that as part of the 1099 ( not sure what the IRS rules are for companies)
    But either way you can deduct

• whodat2

Will there be a live final for football?

• FantasyDraft_Rep

We won’t be having a final this season, all focus was on launching rake free contests.

You can expect more finals and experience contests down the road though.

• dylandreadful

@FantasyDraft_Rep said...

We won’t be having a final this season, all focus was on launching rake free contests.

You can expect more finals and experience contests down the road though.

will there be any sattys in mlb contests for nfl tickets this week or freerolls for tickets..can only do so many deposit promos and giveaways for nfl tickets?

• w3junky

@whodat2 said...

3% fee to deposit funds via Paypal…. Wow.

You serious??? That’s ridiculous. I guess their gonna get their money one way or another. 3% “processing fee” on all deposits. #face palm.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

@w3junky said...

You f’in serious??? That’s ridiculous. I guess their gonna get their money one way or another. 3% “processing fee” on all deposits. #face palm.

The processing fee Is to offset a portion of the costs we pay to PayPal for processing deposits. This is not a revenue source for us. Processing deposits is very expensive and our goal is to keep plan pricing as low as possible.

• Jvanspro

@w3junky said...

You serious??? That’s ridiculous. I guess their gonna get their money one way or another. 3% “processing fee” on all deposits. #face palm.

This post is very ignorant. Even if they were generating income from this (which clearly isn’t the case) you are way ahead. Keep paying 16+% rake on competitor sites, but complain about a 3% processing fee on a rake free site, which the CC company charges them.

• TuscaloosaJohnny

@Jvanspro said...

This post is very ignorant. Even if they were generating income from this (which clearly isn’t the case) you are way ahead. Keep paying 16+% rake on competitor sites, but complain about a 3% processing fee on a rake free site, which the CC company charges them.

The people who don’t understand this are definitely the people you want to be playing against in DFS. 😂

• manBEAST

I have a credit card that gives me 3% back on online purchases so I made a little money making my deposits across the industry!

Gotta support FantasyDraft they have been one of the best sites since they have been around with promos and gameplay there is simply no reason not to play there if you are a serious player. If you have been spinning your wheels on FD and DK the first couple of weeks or years what are you waiting for? It indeed is a players first site – I only single entried the big GPP first couple of weeks but cashed easily. As I’ve said before I play FD and DK for fun, I play Fantasy Draft and Yahoo for fun and to make money.

• w3junky

I’ll move my money over once you offer single entry gpp’s with a player pool of 200-1,000 entries and an entry fee of $1-$5. And no I’m not talking about 50/50’s or multipliers. Single entry gpp’s in that $1-$5 entry fee.

• FantasyDraft_Rep

• w3junky

Here you go:

$5 – Single Entry Wishbone
    $2 – Single Entry Spiral

Awesome. Not bad! I wonder why those don’t show up in the app. All the correct filters are set to my knowledge.

• humanash

Any previews/insight you’d like to share on the contests you have planned for the MLB playoffs?

• FantasyDraft_Rep

No, Not at this point.

Happy to hear your suggestions.

• Fontaine

Will you be offering NBA Preseason GPPs?

• humanash

Happy to hear your suggestions

I would really love to see a single-game format similar to DK’s Showdown, those are my favorite contests to play in general and especially in the playoffs. There are some cool short-slate opportunities in the early rounds, but for playoff baseball and especially the WS and 2 championship series, I think the single-game slates are the most exciting.

I’m looking hard for an excuse to join your site because I am good enough at math to figure out what a huge advantage your site offers, but I don’t like/play football so I guess maybe your site just isn’t for me?

• Fontaine

@humanash said...

I would really love to see a single-game format similar to DK’s Showdown, those are my favorite contests to play in general and especially in the playoffs. There are some cool short-slate opportunities in the early rounds, but for playoff baseball and especially the WS and 2 championship series, I think the single-game slates are the most exciting.

I’m looking hard for an excuse to join your site because I am good enough at math to figure out what a huge advantage your site offers, but I don’t like/play football so I guess maybe your site just isn’t for me?

I second the Showdown idea. Its been very much something I wish FantasyDraft offered. I only play on FD because they offer Showdowns. If FantasyDraft offered them, I’d play even more. However I dont think much will change. They dont even offer multiple slates on a given day most of the time.

• Jvanspro

One thing we all need to think about is in order for. Site to create a bunch of new contests the current one’s need to fill. I’ve been playing there every week and I love it. The site is fantastic and the tourneys are great. I would love more options as well but also realize the current offerings must fill consistently to provide more options.

I’ll be playing every sport they offer. I’m only a small time player though and can only do so much but I really want to support them.

• Fontaine

@Jvanspro said...

One thing we all need to think about is in order for. Site to create a bunch of new contests the current one’s need to fill. I’ve been playing there every week and I love it. The site is fantastic and the tourneys are great. I would love more options as well but also realize the current offerings must fill consistently to provide more options.

I’ll be playing every sport they offer. I’m only a small time player though and can only do so much but I really want to support them.

I max enter every GPP they offer. MLB speaking, they have been filling 45 minutes before lock. They are filling so fast they are underselling themselves.

• Jvanspro

@Fontaine said...

I max enter every GPP they offer. MLB speaking, they have been filling 45 minutes before lock. They are filling so fast they are underselling themselves.

That’s fantastic. I know the NFL has been overlaying.

• FantasyDraftSupport

@Fontaine said...

MLB speaking, they have been filling 45 minutes before lock. They are filling so fast they are underselling themselves.

We have been able to consistently raise our MLB GPPs as demand has dictated over the past few weeks with a massive influx of players due to NFL season and our great appeal to the players with our switch to Rake-Free. When certain price points have filled early, we have been making adjustments to grow the contests daily. And, we will continue to do so as demand dictates. Being Rake-Free, it doesn’t make much sense for us to have overlay – but the goal is to have these contests be as large as possible – as we continue to gain players being the best option out there – saving everyone tons of their bankrolls with no rake. Thank you for your play and we love the support!

• dylandreadful

@FantasyDraftSupport said...

We have been able to consistently raise our MLB GPPs as demand has dictated over the past few weeks with a massive influx of players due to NFL season and our great appeal to the players with our switch to Rake-Free. When certain price points have filled early, we have been making adjustments to grow the contests daily. And, we will continue to do so as demand dictates. Being Rake-Free, it doesn’t make much sense for us to have overlay – but the goal is to have these contests be as large as possible – as we continue to gain players being the best option out there – saving everyone tons of their bankrolls with no rake. Thank you for your play and we love the support!

so why not add qualifiers via the MLB contests or even MLB freerolls to win NFL tickets?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).