RSD FORUM

Comments

• cobalt166

Hello there fellow DFS players. I have been playing for 2-3 years now but only one very low entry game each week for fun in the NFL season. I enter either the 2-5$ games. I know it isn’t much. I just enjoy it. I used to win about half of the time. Last week I won with 162 points ( a great game for me and 1st place). However, I have noticed that lately I am in games where it seems that everyone has the same lineup. For instance yesterday 60% had this lineup –

1. Wilson
    2. Gurley
    3. Coleman – Really? 60% for colemen?
    4. Kupp – Really? – What am I missing here. 60% with Kupp?
    5. Jones – No brainer
    6. Cooks
    7. Walker
    8. Gostokowski
    9. Steelers

So obviously they did not all come to this conclusion on there own. They went to some site or algorithm that spit out this lineup right? So where do these ppl go. I use ESPN.com and CBS sports projections to make my lineups. It takes me almost an hour to research and make my choices. Then I see that everyone but me is all making the same picks and ESPN and CBS sports did not show them to be big winners for that week. Like Kupp and Coleman. They were no where near the top in either of these sites. So where are ppl getting this info on these sleepers. There must be an AUTHORITY on this as EVERYONE chooses the same players. Why do they all pick the same ppl? I particularly noticed this when I accidently didn’t play the beginner league and instead played the experienced league. But that’s because I could not find a 50/50 game that was more than just the 1pm games (thought that was weird in of itself – 1pm only for beginners – No games for beginners where you could play 1-8pm games – If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate it too). Is there only 1pm games on fanduel for beginners? Anyway that is secondary to my main question as to why everyone has the same lineup. I thank you for any information you pros have for a beginner like me. I promise I will still suck, so a little help should not hurt you :).

• hautalak

I do not play cash much at all but the reasoning for those plays (Coleman & Kupp) was injuries. Freeman was out so Coleman became the #1 back with nobody really getting his normal touches when Freeman is in. Woods was out for LAR so that was a bump to Kupp. I think Watkins was higher owned as well but Kupp gets the redzone targets.

I also play DK only but have heard lineup sellers run rampant at FD, even displaying an icon where to get said lineup from. Honestly that could be a lineup a lot of people duplicated. Just be careful you know what you are getting into.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Lineup sellers but also there was a lot of chalk this week.

• sethfein

The odds that 60% would have same lineup by chance are very slim so likely from a lineup seller. They actually have no incentive to be in same 50/50 since it becomes impossible to profit if over 50% are in same game unless they all tie for first (and still wouldn’t get a decent payout due to split).

On the other hand, those plays are all “chalk” and I suggest that you stop using CBS or ESPN for DFS if they didn’t have Coleman projected high. As mentioned above, he was lone back with Freeman out so was in a great spot. Pretty sure Russ Wilson was highest owned % QB despite the fact there was rain concern. Steelers was no brainer D against Hundley but that actually backfired.

So in sum, this is a really chalky lineup but 95% certain they got it from some LU seller…welcome to FD cash games. It’s in every sport and FD isn’t going to stop it from happening anytime soon so just beat the chalk and win,

• britdevine

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

That was my lineup, so I’d imagine it being chalky

• monds6

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• 2013 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

My lineup was very similar to that as well, except I had Antonio Brown, the Eagles D and a Dif QB – but the core was very similar. Kupp was a very easy cash game play as was Coleman. Their price did not reflect their expected usage and role in their offense given injuries. However, there are lineup sellers, sites with optimizers and people who unfortunately share info. I never use ESPN or CBS for lineup information. Those picks are geared towards season long players.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Was my lineup as well. There are times where it’s definitely some sort of optimizer or lineup seller, however that lineup yesterday was VERY easy to come up on, if you put the time in. I actually had that lineup and the same one with Thomas instead of Cooks in all my cash lineups on FD.

• cobalt166

@sethfein said...

The odds that 60% would have same lineup by chance are very slim so likely from a lineup seller. They actually have no incentive to be in same 50/50 since it becomes impossible to profit if over 50% are in same game unless they all tie for first (and still wouldn’t get a decent payout due to split).

On the other hand, those plays are all “chalk” and I suggest that you stop using CBS or ESPN for DFS if they didn’t have Coleman projected high. As mentioned above, he was lone back with Freeman out so was in a great spot. Pretty sure Russ Wilson was highest owned % QB despite the fact there was rain concern. Steelers was no brainer D against Hundley but that actually backfired.

So in sum, this is a really chalky lineup but 95% certain they got it from some LU seller…welcome to FD cash games. It’s in every sport and FD isn’t going to stop it from happening anytime soon so just beat the chalk and win,

Interesting, so where do these ppl buy lineups from. My game was only a 2$ game. How would it make sense to buy a lineup. How much do they cost. I would never buy a lineup (that would take the fun out if it) but just curious about these lineup sellers. Where do you guys go for projections. I use ESPN as I said earlier. I definitely missed those sleepers. I want to be more competitive and hope someone knows a good FREE site to find some good sleepers. Thank you for your comment.

• cobalt166

@monds6 said...

My lineup was very similar to that as well, except I had Antonio Brown, the Eagles D and a Dif QB – but the core was very similar. Kupp was a very easy cash game play as was Coleman. Their price did not reflect their expected usage and role in their offense given injuries. However, there are lineup sellers, sites with optimizers and people who unfortunately share info. I never use ESPN or CBS for lineup information. Those picks are geared towards season long players.

So what do you use if you don’t mind me asking? I know ppl have there secrets but I could use some help if you can offer.

• cobalt166

I always figured there was more luck and chance involved than there is. I pick ppl that are projected to do great, then things don’t work out. I figured that would happen for ppl like Coleman and Kupp too. Of coarse everyone that played Julio won. I finger fckd him out of my line-up for Michael Thomas. oops.
    My line-up was: As you will see I go heavy on RBs as they seem to be producing the most. Last year it was Receivers.
    Smith – Terrible idea in the end
    McCoy
    Ingram
    M Thomas
    D. Thomas
    M Sanu
    Walker
    Boswell
    Pittsburgh

My lineup always turns out to be unique, It worked half the time in beginner but in pros I get killed. I am not playing on a fair footing. These ppl know things I don’t. How do I lessen the margin without being a lemming. Or if you want to win, do you really need to be a lemming? Thanks again guys. Good help here.

• cobalt166

By the way. I did horrible. Last game I had 162 and this week 81.7. Literally half! haha

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@cobalt166 said...

So what do you use if you don’t mind me asking? I know ppl have there secrets but I could use some help if you can offer.

Try rotogrinders.com

• txdave41

One of the main lineup sellers had this one:

Wilson
    Hunt
    Coleman
    Brown
    Kupp
    Cook
    Gould
    Falcons

Similar, but not the same.

• cobalt166

This is the first time I have ever been on this site. Just saw it had forums to ask about this. I will try them next game.

• monds6

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• 2013 DraftStreet DSFC Finalist

Cobalt – I use the tools at RG actually and have a premium membership, I read Evan Silva’s matchup article on Rotoworld and use twitter to track information. There is SO MUCH information out there you have to decide how much you want to allow yourself to read. You can read too much and hear to many opinions. I watch the games, understand game theory, game situations and game flow. In the end I make my own plays based on all the information I have gathered and my own instincts. I have been playing fantasy sports a long time. Best of luck…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler