PGA FORUM

Comments

• GhostaVeli8701

With another cool Million up for grabs the grind is on. Let the discussion begin and good luck to you all looking to take down the “Big One”

• skeeter1114

• Blogger of the Month

I’m finding myself liking Keegan Bradley at his price alot across the sites. 3/3 in cuts made at the British and made cut in first 2 majors this year. $7400 on DK seems like a great price for him.

• ninerzfan8

@PJGuin23 said...

There’s a few gems from that. Last night I tried VLOOKUP salaries against the PGA Tour Stats. Epic fail so I went to ESPN. It also worked for the Euro Tour site. That “Titleist” BS I think is throwing everything off.

Find and replace one space and the word titelist with no spaces no words.

Then find and replace char(160) with a normal space.

The Pga tour site puts a different formatted space between first and last names than dk, so vlookup doesn’t work until you do this

• virgilecaine

The greatest Open pairing ever? John Daly, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Jason Dufner. Break out the cigarettes, cigars, and dip, and the booze. These guys should be live mic’d the first two rounds.

• plaudati

what should be weighed more stats or vegas odds

• thetitanlb

Vegas odds essentially mean nothing. All an odds line is a number that vegas thinks will lead people to bet on a player and minimize possible losses at the same time.

• RockyTop55

So with the weather in mind I think a later tee time Thursday might be the way to go. They then get an early tee time Friday before the 30-40 mph winds come up Friday afternoon. Thoughts?

• bjk121

I really think Fleetwood might be a little too popular at this point. Nearly every article I’ve read has mentioned him. I almost think the edge I thought I might have with him has swung the way of more of edge by fading him.

• bjk121

@RockyTop55 said...

So with the weather in mind I think a later tee time Thursday might be the way to go. They then get an early tee time Friday before the 30-40 mph winds come up Friday afternoon. Thoughts?

Some guys play well in poor conditions. I wouldn’t necessarily write everyone off that plays a late tee time on Friday.

• JSteele

Because of the soft course I’m liking DJ over Spieth. Is that crazy?

• rpolzin25

@JSteele said...

Because of the soft course I’m liking DJ over Spieth. Is that crazy?

Just want to say that Chambers Bay was a much, much longer course than St. Andrews will be. I think it played as long as 7800 yards which is like 500 yards longer than St. Andrews. Don’t write off Spieth because he isn’t as long of a hitter. He is still ranked #2 in the world and a win here will give him the #1 overall ranking. A soft course may mean that Spieth can stick it close to the hole w/ his irons.

• tyrant1014

@thetitanlb said...

Vegas odds essentially mean nothing. All an odds line is a number that vegas thinks will lead people to bet on a player and minimize possible losses at the same time.

But, they will be an indicator. Cut line bets are actually a good marker.

• JSteele

It’s hard to get any stats this week from the Euro guys so Vegas Odds I’m relying more than usual

• JSteele

Rpolzin are you doing a blog this week? I’ll step in as your temporary 4 if you want. I’ve got some good insight this week.

• rpolzin25

@JSteele said...

Rpolzin are you doing a blog this week? I’ll step in as your temporary 4 if you want. I’ve got some good insight this week.

Yep, I sent my stuff to larin today. He will probably get it done tonight.

• JSteele

Awesome I look forward to it. I’ll see if your guys line up with mine. Thoughts on Oost? This guy kills it here but he’s paired with tiger. Tiger himself has a decent chance to play well but if he can’t get away from those ridiculous wells they call bunkers I could see a repeat of re U.S open. I’m still willing to take a chance on him fighting off the tiger bug

• fantasybender

I just wanted to note that DK scoring puts a premium on Birdies, and an even larger premium on Eagles. So, to base your picks solely around who will have the better finish is short-sided. Seems like everyone is so in touch with who has the better odds to place top 10 and win. Being more in touch with DK PGA scoring is, in my opinion, the easiest way to get a statistical edge on the field. Most of us are talking about a very top heavy GPP, and that means that we should be targeting high ceiling players with top birdie/eagle potential. Catch 22: pick players who will make the cut, because they can’t birdie/eagle if they don’t.

• rpolzin25

@JSteele said...

Awesome I look forward to it. I’ll see if your guys line up with mine. Thoughts on Oost? This guy kills it here but he’s paired with tiger. Tiger himself has a decent chance to play well but if he can’t get away from those ridiculous wells they call bunkers I could see a repeat of re U.S open. I’m still willing to take a chance on him fighting off the tiger bug

Tiger is rather intriguing this week, especially on Victiv at a rather low price. I probably won’t have any exposure to him though. Oost is a good play. I just wonder if his ownership will be high enough to make him worth fading. My biggest problem w/ Oost and Tiger would probably be that they both have a later start time on Friday w/ all that wind. I will probably have one lineup w/ a stack of lineups Thurs pm and Fri am times and then one just based on who I like.

• noddy

Vegas odds do matter and Spieth is the clear favorite to win. He will be on most of my teams. He should be the highest scorer of the week

• thetitanlb

I agree odds somewhat matter. But if you read around you will find out that odds for all sports are made at a number that they believe will make people bet that number. So just because someone has good odds does not always mean what you think it means. (IE. Tiger this week)

• RockyTop55

Roth’s forecast just confirmed my post from earlier. Looks like you want the guys teeing off later on Thursday as they will play early Friday and avoid the 20-30 mph winds in the afternoon.

• noddy

@fantasybender said...

I just wanted to note that DK scoring puts a premium on Birdies, and an even larger premium on Eagles. So, to base your picks solely around who will have the better finish is short-sided. Seems like everyone is so in touch with who has the better odds to place top 10 and win. Being more in touch with DK PGA scoring is, in my opinion, the easiest way to get a statistical edge on the field. Most of us are talking about a very top heavy GPP, and that means that we should be targeting high ceiling players with top birdie/eagle potential. Catch 22: pick players who will make the cut, because they can’t birdie/eagle if they don’t.

Don’t people at the top of the leaderboard usually have more birdies than others?

• fantasybender

@noddy said...

Don’t people at the top of the leaderboard usually have more birdies than others?

Usually, but not always. Easy example would be Player A with 4 birdies and quad-bogie (11 pts) vs Player B with 4 pars (2 pts). Both would be E.

• theoddsmaker

@noddy said...

Just like – “the key to winning a football game is scoring more points than the other team” – Tom Jackson

So are we falling for Byoung Hun-An again this week or no?

Also, Victiv is TOUGH this week. I mean you have to take the guy who will most likely be announcing the tourney over the weekend in order to create enough cap space to create a team you don’t hate.

• tprokopenko

@theoddsmaker said...

So are we falling for Byoung Hun-An again this week or no?

He will be making at least one of my 5-6 teams. Gotta think the vast majority of people who took him in the US Open won’t be taking him again. Fleetwood seems to be the new flavor for this major; although, admittedly I’m high on him too, as I had a lot of Fleetwood in the US Open as well.

• noddy

@fantasybender said...

Usually, but not always. Easy example would be Player A with 4 birdies and quad-bogie (11 pts) vs Player B with 4 pars (2 pts). Both would be E.

Good luck trying to figure out who will have a quad bogey. I do understand what you are pointing out though

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).