PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Big event coming up !! April 28-30
    It’s a 3-round 84 player (Pros Only) Mini-Tour Major event that is co-sanctioned by 2 tours (Outlaw Tour and the Golden State Tour) AND actually has an Insurance company as a sponsor !!

1st prize Winner of the golf tourney gets $10K
    BUT
    1st prize in DK’s big $10 entry GPP for Round 1 is $50K !!!

Here’s a link to the tourney – the field is full already so you can start the ‘capping now. Some bigger names from the past few Outlaw Tour events as well as a few journeymen Monday Qualifier names and even a few Euro Tour guys ante’d up for this tourney.

https://goldencuptour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/goldencuptour20/event/goldencuptour2026/index.htm

Mini-Tour life ($825 to $925 entry fee)
    3 rounds
    84 players
    Cut after 2 rounds to 42 & Ties (50%)
    Top 30% or 25 spots get paid
    $10K to the Winner
    Grind on !!

• ifthethunder

84 players is/are good. If only we had shot tracker sob.
    ~

• hbomb57

That is pretty sad when you see first place prize money in a DFS golf tourney 5 times more than the major prize of the sporting event. EDIT: But I’ll take it!

• titanhawks

Ended up winning only $24 (nine from jclem2115 ! ) on my three entries but took two of three Satty tickets so that is four now

Playing three LU’s in the $10 and in both the SuperSats

Glad this doesn’t start ‘til Tuesday ‘cause it will take that long to scout these guys out :)

• titanhawks

The Outlaw Tour added a new Tournament called the Southern Dunes Classic scheduled for May 26-28

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

This is gonna be such an awesome tournament. Should be a ton of good options to choose from at the top. Gonna be a much stronger field than the last few weeks.

• BIF

@dbullsfan said...

This is gonna be such an awesome tournament. Should be a ton of good options to choose from at the top. Gonna be a much stronger field than the last few weeks.

Just wish DK were doing a 3-day full tourney GPP so the cut would matter as 1-round golf is an even bigger crapshoot

• titanhawks

@titanhawks said...

The Outlaw Tour added a new Tournament called the Southern Dunes Classic scheduled for May 26-28

It is now removed from the Outlaw Tour schedule of events

• titanhawks

And the Golden State Tour now shows The Legacy Classic as the next tourney May 4-6

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Just wish DK were doing a 3-day full tourney GPP

Cosine, secant, and tangent.
    ~

• titanhawks

@titanhawks said...

And the Golden State Tour now shows The Legacy Classic as the next tourney May 4-6

Now a full field of 72 players with a waiting list

• Kingspark35

To be honest, I had never heard of these tours until the crisis started.

I don’t know who decided that these tours should go ahead, but you have my gratitude.

• eruthruff

I assume Calum Hill will be the obvious favorite? He won the Verrado by 1 shot, which might have been his only Outlaw tour event? That was the tournament where 11 players were disqualified for using the wrong tee on a par-3. It’s crazy that so many groups independently made the mistake and yet they blame the players not the course setup. After paying $750’ish they must have been pissed.

I do wonder whether someone from Scotland is going to thrive in 100+-degree Phoenix heat. Do they even have caddies? Carts? Even if they tee off at 6 AM on both nines, some will still face 96 degrees by the end of the round.

• titanhawks

Outlaw Tour now has three three-day 72 player tournaments scheduled after the Legacy Classic May 4-6 and Scottsdale Open May 11-14

May 19-21 TPC Champions Classic in Scottsdale
    May 26-28 Southern Dunes Classic in Maricopa
    June 1-3 Triology @ Vistancia in Peoria

• titanhawks

@eruthruff said...

I assume Calum Hill will be the obvious favorite? He won the Verrado by 1 shot, which might have been his only Outlaw tour event? That was the tournament where 11 players were disqualified for using the wrong tee on a par-3. It’s crazy that so many groups independently made the mistake and yet they blame the players not the course setup. After paying $750’ish they must have been pissed.

I do wonder whether someone from Scotland is going to thrive in 100+-degree Phoenix heat. Do they even have caddies? Carts? Even if they tee off at 6 AM on both nines, some will still face 96 degrees by the end of the round.

But it’s a dry heat :)

He is probably stuck there whether he wants to be or not so he is probably used to it by now

He is entered into the Scottdale Open also

• titanhawks

https://www.betfair.com.au has odds up now

• titanhawks

Entry list has a player named John Spaun

betfair has him listed as Jj Spaun

both from San Dimas CA

also entered in the Scottsdale Open

• monarch

@titanhawks said...

Entry list has a player named John Spaun

betfair has him listed as Jj Spaun

both from San Dimas CA

also entered in the Scottsdale Open

That’s probably him. He lives in Scottsdale. If so he should be the favorite

• titanhawks

Yea I knew it was and he #6 on two sites I’ve seen so far

• eruthruff

Spaun was pretty cold before his vacation. He shot 78 79 at the ATT Pebble beach. But he obviously has a lot of PGA tour experience. Maybe the time off helped. He might be the most relaxed guy out there. And it’s worth noting that his best tournament in a long time was the Waste Phoenix open (T30).

The GCU course has a slope of 136 and a rating of 74.3. If I’m not mistaken that makes it a bit more difficult than some of the courses they’ve been playing on lately on this tour.

I’m guessing that the tee times will start at about 7 AM. This is based on the fact that you can go online and reserve the 6:xx AM tee times.

• BIF

This course should play tougher on average than most courses on this tour. There are 5 par 4’s between 453 and 488 yards plus the three par5’s are all of a decent length 550-642 as are the par 3’s with three of them over 200 yards.

Other than the length of the holes, there are scoring opportunities as there aren’t many bunkers or other trouble. I can see lots of bogies but not many doubles or worse.

My guess is we get a few low scores in the -5 or -6 range but overall scores will average over par.

• titanhawks

We do have some course history as the GST had a tourney here Nov. 13-15

-18 was the winning score and -2 was the cut

There was one 63 shot in round one and one in round two and one 65 was low score in round three

• BIF

@titanhawks said...

We do have some course history as the GST had a tourney here Nov. 13-15

-18 was the winning score and -2 was the cut

There was one 63 shot in round one and one in round two and one 65 was low score in round three

Yah 2 guys went -18, -17 to finish 1-2 then a drop off to 6 guys finishing between -10 to -13.

Scores were a little lower last year than I would have expected on this course as I can see a couple low rounds each day but impressive to have someone shoot -18 over 3 days.

• ifthethunder

Anyone suddenly getting “NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED error” on DraftKings all of a sudden? I’m getting it on Firefox and Chrome as of a couple minutes ago.
    ~

• LuckyChuck467

Yes, I’m having the same problem in Windows 10 plus my Android phone won’t connect.

• LuckyChuck467

Working all places now

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.