PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

This looks to be the last Outlaw Tour event we’ll see on DK with the PGA Tour starting up the following week on June 11th.

This event is at Lone Tree GC in Chandler. AZ
    It’s a Par 71 course tipped out at 7007 yards.

There was a 2-day event here in February with Matt Gurska winning by 2 shots at -13 over Jimmy Gunn. Leaderboard here:
    https://outlawtour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/outlawtour19/event/outlawtour1928/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Last week I talked about Norman Panda Xiong as the special guest addition to the field and he promptly shot a 1st round Even par round and then WD with a back injury.

This week’s field has another new pro and former top amateur (#3 in the World) and recent 2019-2020 Haskins Award winner (for best NCAA player) in Sahith Theegala from Pepperdine. Theegala’s final college season (as a 5th year Senior due to sitting out most of 2019 with a wrist injury) also got cut short with the NCAA cancelling the last few tournies plus the NCAA Championships due to the virus ruining what could have been a memorable run from his Pepperdine team that was ranked #1 for a good part of the season and a virtual lock to get to the Match Play portion of NCAA Golf Championship. They were also probably the best “mid-major” golf program since Patrick Reed’s (and Henrik Norlander’s) 2010 and 2011 NCAA Champion Augusta State University team.

This tourney seems to be a bit of a weird format and I’m not sure how DK is going to handle it – there are actually 2 tournaments scheduled here: a 45 player Pro Field (already Full) and a separate 30 player amateur field (with at least 15 spots still open) as separate tournies because they are crowning their first Outlaw Aamateur champion so if it stays that way, we may only have 45 player salaries to choose from. In case they combine these fields into one leaderboard and we get up to 75 players on DK, I’d suggest taking a screenshot of the pro field off the Outlaw Tour tournament info page so you know who is a Pro and who is an Am before building lineups as sometimes that is not updated on the bluegolf tournament page before Round 1.

• BIF

Funny story about Theegala:

Sometimes a little too comfortable. Theegala developed a reputation in college for intentionally hitting high-handicap shots before tournaments – shanks, tops, chunks, slices, hooks, you name it – all in an effort to throw off his opponents. Before his first college event in the fall of 2015, Theegala alarmed his coaches while striking putts on the practice green … with the toe of his overturned putter. Later that season, Theegala was purposely topping 3-woods on the range, prompting an opposing coach to run up to Beard and break the news: I feel bad for your guy, he can’t seem to hit the ball.

The most memorable miss-hit came just two events into that first semester. The range was packed that morning before a shotgun start at the Meadow Club, and Theegala found himself warming up on the far-left side, just a few spots over from Arizona State star Jon Rahm. Theegala grabbed an iron, turned to his teammates and whispered to them, “Watch this.”

“It was the best shank I’ve ever hit,” Theegala said. “It went 90 degrees right across the range, right past Rahm. He gave me this look. I tried not to look up to make it look like it was an accident, like, oh man, I can’t believe I did that.”

• skankinmat

@BIF said...

This looks to be the last Outlaw Tour event we’ll see on DK with the PGA Tour starting up the following week on June 11th.

This event is at Lone Tree GC in Chandler. AZ
    It’s a Par 71 course tipped out at 7007 yards.

There was a 2-day event here in February with Matt Gurska winning by 2 shots at -13 over Jimmy Gunn. Leaderboard here:
    https://outlawtour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/outlawtour19/event/outlawtour1928/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Last week I talked about Norman Panda Xiong as the special guest addition to the field and he promptly shot a 1st round Even par round and then WD with a back injury.

This week’s field has another new pro and former top amateur (#3 in the World) and recent 2019-2020 Haskins Award winner (for best NCAA player) in Sahith Theegala from Pepperdine. Theegala’s final college season (as a 5th year Senior due to sitting out most of 2019 with a wrist injury) also got cut short with the NCAA cancelling the last few tournies plus the NCAA Championships due to the virus ruining what could have been a memorable run from his Pepperdine team that was ranked #1 for a good part of the season and a virtual lock to get to the Match Play portion of NCAA Golf Championship. They were also probably the best “mid-major” golf program since Patrick Reed’s (and Henrik Norlander’s) 2010 and 2011 NCAA Champion Augusta State University team.

This tourney seems to be a bit of a weird format and I’m not sure how DK is going to handle it – there are actually 2 tournaments scheduled here: a 45 player Pro Field (already Full) and a separate 30 player amateur field (with at least 15 spots still open) as separate tournies because they are crowning their first Outlaw Aamateur champion so if it stays that way, we may only have 45 player salaries to choose from. In case they combine these fields into one leaderboard and we get up to 75 players on DK, I’d suggest taking a screenshot of the pro field off the Outlaw Tour tournament info page so you know who is a Pro and who is an Am before building lineups as sometimes that is not updated on the bluegolf tournament page before Round 1.

Thanks BIF !

• ifthethunder

Thanks, BIF. One more chance to get tickets before the real thing is back. I’ve been terrible at it, in contrast to yourself.
    ~

• ifthethunder

Furthermore:

https://twitter.com/KRTNWILL/status/1264221388782665729
    ~

• BIF

@ifthethunder said...

Thanks, BIF. One more chance to get tickets before the real thing is back. I’ve been terrible at it, in contrast to yourself.
    ~

Well my 3 lineups Wednesday and 1 lineup Thursday all got blanked but I cashed for a pile of them on Tuesday – my approach to satellites is feast or famine so when I do win, I win multiple tickets and often 15 or more.

I’m not using them all next week, I’ve won about 30-35 for the Milly but will only use about half and save the rest for the next Milly (assuming it’s the PGA Championship) and keep trying to add to them as we have a US Open and The Masters coming up this fall.

• BIF

Going to be some overlay likely in the morning as DK shoots themselves in the foot by not having salaries out earlier – contest goes in less than 24 hours and still no salaries – first tee time on Outlaw website is 6:30am PT (9:30am ET).

Field set at 48 players now – they let 3 more in off waiting list.

• BIF

Salaries out now

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Salaries out now

Here are some odds (a few players are missing, but they probably will be added soon enough):

https://www.boylesports.com/betting/sportaz/golf/lone-tree-classic/1st-rd-leader—-lone-tree-classic/?navigationid=top,24.1,189.1,392421.1,5048344.1

And a contest:

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/87514176
    ~

• strassnerte

Really hard on FD to find any value comparing salary and odds. They basically priced off the odds.

• strassnerte

Noticed the leaderboard is not putting the scores in the correct holes for those teeing off on the back nine. It is putting them on the front nine holes therefore the leaderboard is not correct with birdies, pars, etc. Hopefully this doesn’t take hours to figure out.

• ifthethunder

Dang thing caught me by surprise. My brain had not completely processed Monday morning + east coast. I have one lineup in very few contests.

Maybe that’s a good thing, I haven’t been doing well with the non-PGA golf DFS.
    ~

• BIF

Today’s most duped lined (2 of them, 22 each) in the big $10 entry in DK

Chris Korte
    Andrew Funk
    Noah Hofman
    Trevor Lampson
    Daniel Hudson
    Brandon Bauman

Andrew Funk
    Kolton Lapa
    Noah Hofman
    Trevor Lampson
    Daniel Hudson
    Sam Gillis

• BIF

Go birdie them all N. Johnson 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• strassnerte

Does anyone know Funk’s score? Not updating on the leaderboard for some reason.

• hautalak

@BIF said...

I approve of this message! First time playing in a couple weeks after a nice UFC weekend. One more week!!!

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Cosine, secant, tangent!
    ~

• BIF

@hautalak said...

I approve of this message! First time playing in a couple weeks after a nice UFC weekend. One more week!!!

Hopefully PGA comes back next week – I’m a little worried about these idiots who are rioting and damaging property that they may cause the Tour to cancel the Schwab if player or worker safety is an issue – golf would epitomize “white privilege” in a radicalist’s eyes so if that’s a potential target we could be screwed ??

Dallas/Fort Worth have had incidents and also have a curfew right now – hoping things change in next couple of days….

• BIF

@strassnerte said...

Does anyone know Funk’s score? Not updating on the leaderboard for some reason.

They should update after 9 holes; three groups appear to not be using the online scorecard they are supposed to use.

• hautalak

@BIF said...

Hopefully PGA comes back next week – I’m a little worried about these idiots who are rioting and damaging property that they may cause the Tour to cancel the Schwab if player or worker safety is an issue – golf would epitomize “white privilege” in a radicalist’s eyes so if that’s a potential target we could be screwed ??

I wasn’t even thinking that deep… I’ve been ever the pessimist when it comes to sports returning so we’ll see.

I know the NHL has a “plan” but I’m not even sure if that can be executed. And it’s a good thing I can’t bet table tennis anymore! What started as fruitful has become a money pit for me lol

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BIF said...

I’m a little worried about these idiots who are rioting and damaging property that they may cause the Tour to cancel the Schwab if player or worker safety is an issue

I wouldn’t be too worried, Colonial is fairly secluded and with no fans, there really won’t be a reason for people to go down there. Plus Fort Worth has been much more subdued than Dallas, mostly peaceful protests so far in Cowtown.

• BIF

Theegala going HAM !

29 on the front nine !

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I wouldn’t be too worried, Colonial is fairly secluded and with no fans, there really won’t be a reason for people to go down there. Plus Fort Worth has been much more subdued than Dallas, mostly peaceful protests so far in Cowtown.

Hopefully, I’m just prepared for more bad news as since mid-March there has not been much good news 🙄 but you’d know what’s going on better than me there – it’s just an easy target if they want to stir up shit as PGA Tour is running with skeleton staff so easy to damage stuff across that much space.

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

@BIF said...

Theegala going HAM !

29 on the front nine !

Yup, very good call on him. Of course I have zero exposure to him lol

• strassnerte

Hallelujah! Needed that eagle from Calkins before he hopefully rips up the back nine.

• BIF

@Jdizzy007 said...

Yup, very good call on him. Of course I have zero exposure to him lol

I have Theegala in 1 of my 2 lineups

Of course I have N Johnson and Lampson on the other lineup – all 3 together would be the early nuts 🙄

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.