PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

This looks to be the last Outlaw Tour event we’ll see on DK with the PGA Tour starting up the following week on June 11th.

This event is at Lone Tree GC in Chandler. AZ
    It’s a Par 71 course tipped out at 7007 yards.

There was a 2-day event here in February with Matt Gurska winning by 2 shots at -13 over Jimmy Gunn. Leaderboard here:
    https://outlawtour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/outlawtour19/event/outlawtour1928/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Last week I talked about Norman Panda Xiong as the special guest addition to the field and he promptly shot a 1st round Even par round and then WD with a back injury.

This week’s field has another new pro and former top amateur (#3 in the World) and recent 2019-2020 Haskins Award winner (for best NCAA player) in Sahith Theegala from Pepperdine. Theegala’s final college season (as a 5th year Senior due to sitting out most of 2019 with a wrist injury) also got cut short with the NCAA cancelling the last few tournies plus the NCAA Championships due to the virus ruining what could have been a memorable run from his Pepperdine team that was ranked #1 for a good part of the season and a virtual lock to get to the Match Play portion of NCAA Golf Championship. They were also probably the best “mid-major” golf program since Patrick Reed’s (and Henrik Norlander’s) 2010 and 2011 NCAA Champion Augusta State University team.

This tourney seems to be a bit of a weird format and I’m not sure how DK is going to handle it – there are actually 2 tournaments scheduled here: a 45 player Pro Field (already Full) and a separate 30 player amateur field (with at least 15 spots still open) as separate tournies because they are crowning their first Outlaw Aamateur champion so if it stays that way, we may only have 45 player salaries to choose from. In case they combine these fields into one leaderboard and we get up to 75 players on DK, I’d suggest taking a screenshot of the pro field off the Outlaw Tour tournament info page so you know who is a Pro and who is an Am before building lineups as sometimes that is not updated on the bluegolf tournament page before Round 1.

• BIF

Blake Allen with 4 🐦🐦🐦🐦 in a row 👍

• Avsrick

Sure would like a Funk/Carlson scoring update.

• mitchsnyderdfw

Is there a reason why the last six guys scores are not updating?

I find it hard to believe that all six WD

• BIF

@Avsrick said...

Sure would like a Funk/Carlson scoring update.

Outlaw Tour tweeted that Funk was -4 thru 11 and didn’t say anything about the other guys not posted yet

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

Is there a reason why the last six guys scores are not updating?

I find it hard to believe that all six WD

They are playing – either they are not using the online scoring app/scorecard or it’s not working

They are short handed today as one of their usual workers (TJ Kathrineberg) is playing in the tourney this week

• Avsrick

Thank you sir.

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Blake Allen with 4 🐦🐦🐦🐦 in a row 👍

Kills me when I could have won tickets if he’d done that last week. (Forget which day, it’s all water over the dam.)
    ~

• BIF

@ifthethunder said...

Kills me when I could have won tickets if he’d done that last week. (Forget which day, it’s all water over the dam.)
    ~

The joy (NOT) of showdown – you make good tourney picks but hard to time who plays well on a specific day.

• skankinmat

haha wow. was tilting not knowing Funks score..so happy to refresh and see him fire a -9

• BIF

@skankinmat said...

haha wow. was tilting not knowing Funks score..so happy to refresh and see him fire a -9

Yah I have a lineup with him that should be over 300-310 points – I’m hoping it cashes as most of the big chalk went pretty low.

Hate the lack of live scoring

• BIF

307 points only got me $15 in the $10 plus 3 Milly tickets and a couple near misses in other satty contests – it also nipped Titanhawks for 3rd snagging the last paid spot in the forum contest.

Some big lineups with the small field and good rounds by some chalky guys.

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

it also nipped Titanhawks for 3rd snagging the last paid spot in the forum contest.

Good jerb, and congrats to the the4amigos for the win.

I had Docherty and Neil Johnson, but my punts failed me. Also, you gotta have the Funk…And I didn’t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKFCYzqq-A
    ~

• hautalak

Hoping when FD updates I’ll have some tickets. The late (well scoring wise) charge of Funk, funked me! He was on my GPPs but not cash. A streak and a BOFR is dangerous. I knew I stopped playing Outlaw for a reason but had some money to blow today.

• skankinmat

The FD scoring is atrocious. Still not fully updated like 3 hours after the round ends.

• titanhawks

@BIF said...

307 points only got me $15 in the $10 plus 3 Milly tickets and a couple near misses in other satty contests – it also nipped Titanhawks for 3rd snagging the last paid spot in the forum contest.

Some big lineups with the small field and good rounds by some chalky guys.

And I was really wanting that $2.70 hehe!

They didn’t even have a $20 Scramble so I dropped down to the $1 Short Game and won $2 on three entries and will do the same tomorrow

• BIF

@titanhawks said...

And I was really wanting that $2.70 hehe!

They didn’t even have a $20 Scramble so I dropped down to the $1 Short Game and won $2 on three entries and will do the same tomorrow

Ha ha – now I’m free rolling the $1 forum contest for 2.7 days 😂😂

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Ha ha – now I’m free rolling the $1 forum contest for 2.7 days 😂😂

I didn’t make one for today because i didn’t think we’d have enough interest (or time) to get close to filling it. I hope we have 100 contestant genuine classic Happy Meals soon!
    ~

• BIF

@ifthethunder said...

I didn’t make one for today because i didn’t think we’d have enough interest (or time) to get close to filling it. I hope we have 100 contestant genuine classic Happy Meals soon!
    ~

Sounds good, I can freeroll next week instead 👍

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

How is Docherty only 16% owned in the DK dogleg? Might be a good day for me with Funk struggling early.

• Jdizzy007

RG Overall Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

~

I’ll gladly play. Covid has gotten me back into golf dfs

• ifthethunder

@Jdizzy007 said...

How is Docherty only 16% owned in the DK dogleg? Might be a good day for me with Funk struggling early.

I had to fade one of the top players in my ‘contrary’ lineup (which is still chalky as heck). I picked Docherty instead of Funk. (Still have both in the other two.)

P.S. OTOH I do have minimum-priced quesadilla, err Anthony Quezada in a lineup. He’s even par, but that includes a birdie streak.
    ~

• titanhawks

As previously predicted; $2 won off three $1 entries

I woulda had a decent shot at third place in the HM with that also lol

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

As previously predicted; $2 won off three $1 entries

I woulda had a decent shot at third place in the HM with that also lol

No Weworski, no tickets. (Saunders, too.) I could swear I had both in a lineup recently. Wrong day…
    ~

• Kingspark35

Is this the last of the outlaws ?

I hope you enjoyed your moments in the dfs glory.

• titanhawks

@Kingspark35 said...

Is this the last of the outlaws ?

I hope you enjoyed your moments in the dfs glory.

It will be as far as DK goes and I do believe they enjoyed the attention.

Check out thier twitter and you will see they are trying to expand and I hope they do

I’ll still check in on them as we have gotten to know them some and will be looking for these now-familiar names in monday Q’s and even maybe KFT

Also of note is that it was just great for DK to put them on back when we had absolutely nothing worthwhile to play

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.